Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

nothing will happen next week

Is that based on anything or just a guess?</blockquote

100% Guess
  • Scoham said:

nothing will happen next week

Is that based on anything or just a guess?
    Let's hope you're wrong then!
  • Any chance they could come back with another offer? Perhaps why your still guarded on who they are?

Don't think so :(
  • https://t.co/k9v9NUILju

Robinson confirms takeover update announcement next week
  • edited January 2018
    Bubble said:

https://t.co/k9v9NUILju

Robinson confirms takeover update announcement next week

I have been wondering if the deal is already done and this week-long delay is simply waiting for approval from the league. Both Everton and Wolves sales happened exactly like that. The rumour was that "a sale was close" and then when it was announced, it was discovered it had already happened and they were just waiting for it to become official.

If that does turn out to be the case, then it means Holmes leaving was probably approved by the new owners and that worries me a bit as to their intentions.

Guess we will know soon.
  • Got a bad feeling about a RM led consortium , Roland's debt mountain will remain and will be a millstone around the clubs neck. This would explain why Holmes is being sold with RM's agreement
  • Redhenry said:

Any chance they could come back with another offer? Perhaps why your still guarded on who they are?

Don't think so :(
    Any idea why they pulled out? Asking price?
  • Got a bad feeling about a RM led consortium , Roland's debt mountain will remain and will be a millstone around the clubs neck. This would explain why Holmes is being sold with RM's agreement

unless its part of the agreement, certain players being sacrificed to make a clean sale (speculating not itk)
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Got a bad feeling about a RM led consortium , Roland's debt mountain will remain and will be a millstone around the clubs neck. This would explain why Holmes is being sold with RM's agreement

unless its part of the agreement, certain players being sacrificed to make a clean sale (speculating not itk)
    Would that smack of not having funds though ?

• edited January 2018

razil said:

Got a bad feeling about a RM led consortium , Roland's debt mountain will remain and will be a millstone around the clubs neck. This would explain why Holmes is being sold with RM's agreement

could be, or a compromise to allow a quick sale, Holmes would be a small amount though suggesting desperation and maybe a big haircut
  • razil said:

I’d imagine it’s more to do with an agreed price ...
    We know that Roland put the money he ‘puts in’ each month to cover costs on as debt- so I’d imagine the sale of Ricky Holmes (and others) would enable December/&January’s cost to be covered but not converted into debt, meaning that a deal that may have already been agreed based on debt owed/upfront costs doesn’t have the goalposts moved due to it taking longer/going into February!
  • Nug said:

Sounds to me like a consortium of the Scots with RM still involved and RD being owed money on certain milestones reached. Better than RD on his own but fear RM has got in the middle of this and is doing what’s best for him and not what’s best for Charlton.

But where’s the money coming from ? McLeish and Muir don’t have that sort of money and it’s not Murray.

• Nug said:

Sounds to me like a consortium of the Scots with RM still involved and RD being owed money on certain milestones reached. Better than RD on his own but fear RM has got in the middle of this and is doing what’s best for him and not what’s best for Charlton.

But where’s the money coming from ? McLeish and Muir don’t have that sort of money and it’s not Murray.

Maybe Amanda Staveley has given up on Newcastle and decided to bring in the Saudis and buy us for a song, instead.

(Yes I am kidding)
  • Nug said:

Who knows maybe our worst fears will materialise and RD will rent the Valley and SL to us. I really worry RM has got in the way of the other bids to make sure he has a place at the table. What do I know....nothing. Could be they have a super rich backer.
  • Nug said:

No doubt Muir is well connected.
    It won't be all his money, there'll be others in the background.

Remember the Spivs ? It was a while before it was revealed that Kevin Cash was bankrolling the club.
    And when he pulled out, the Spivs ran out of cash.

Let's trust that history doesn't repeat itself.

• Sponsored links:

• I really hope Murray just does one.
  • Sounds like Robbo might have some money to spend - mentioned being excited if he can bring the players in he wants too. Hopefully indicates he’s been given the green light once takeover is completed
  • Interesting video of Roland on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Needs Roland's face adding guys...

• D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

I doubt Murray was ever leading any bid or was part of the M&M bid but may well want tooffer his services and experience to the new owners as he's done with the last two regimes.

• Nug said:

Napa.
    The financial genius that he is
  • D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

I doubt Murray was ever leading any bid or was part of the M&M bid but may well want tooffer his services and experience to the new owners as he's done with the last two regimes.

A Mr Fish and Bartlett I heard.
  • edited January 2018

D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

They starting next week? I think we could do with Bartlett for sure!

Eddie back as manager?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!