Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• se9addick said:

se9addick said:

With the Holmes sale now looking assured, could Robinson walk and claim constructive dismissal ?

No way and I can't believe that he would walk out on a job paying a six figure salary when he surely has a mortgage to pay.
    That's why I asked if he could claim constructive dismissal...

Wasn't the situation where Curbs claimed constructive dismissal at West Ham similar ?
    Yes. I think Curbs had written confirmation that the owners could not buy/sell players behind his back. When they did, he cashed in.

Not sure Robinson would've even bothered asking. Roland probably got him to sign something the complete opposite.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

With the Holmes sale now looking assured, could Robinson walk and claim constructive dismissal ?

No way and I can't believe that he would walk out on a job paying a six figure salary when he surely has a mortgage to pay.
    That's why I asked if he could claim constructive dismissal...

Wasn't the situation where Curbs claimed constructive dismissal at West Ham similar ?
    Yes. I think Curbs had written confirmation that the owners could not buy/sell players behind his back. When they did, he cashed in.

Not sure Robinson would've even bothered asking. Roland probably got him to sign something the complete opposite.
    Ah I see, yeah I doubt Robinson would have a similar clause in his contract. Guess if he wants his money he'll just have to grin and bare it.
  • thought most people thought the summer was a proper window all bar a decent striker.

I'd cut him more slack if he stopped talking all the time. Should refer takeover talk to RM or RD and not comment. Anyway he knew what he wad getting into, a 'basket case' as he said himself.

It's NOT a proper window without money to spend.
  • edited January 2018

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry, but this bloke is really getting on my tits with his new "stand up to Roland" approach.

We were the second worst run club in the country before you arrived (a "basket case" you might say), and we've been the second worst run club in the country since you arrived and throughout your entire tenure. It's not new information, and the only reason he's started speaking out now is to strengthen his image as a man "on the supporter's side", and to make sure that any potential future employers get the message he was working for bad owners and that's why he couldn't get one of the biggest clubs in League 1 anywhere near the promotion spots.

Yes, we've got injury problems, but Magennis hasn't been injured at all and our main problem is scoring goals (lowest scorers in the top 10). He probably just needs resting, but we can't do that because our gobby gaffer wasn't willing to be anything like as outspoken in the last transfer window, so we ended up with a bloke from Rangers who "will excite the fans", and then when Robbo realised he was too shit to get in the team, we went to our favourite shop, "Out of contract players that nobody else wants R'us".

We've ended up paying Best and Dodoo simultaneously for a couple of months - for their combined monthly weekly wage we probably could have got someone half decent back in August, when the non-stupid clubs do the bulk of their recruitment.
    This with bells on.

I tolerated Robinson until the Vets game where he pranced about and joined in like he'd been there since the club was formed. If in the unlikely event that he remains as manager if a takeover happens he will be insufferable. FFS wind your neck in and get on with managing Karl.
    This thread is all a bit sad. There are far worse things going on a The Valley right now than what Karl may or may not be saying.

What an effing mess we were in when he joined. We've all forgotten that rather quickly haven't we?

Until the recent spate (big spate) of injuries we were doing more than ok. He inherited a weak squad, and is still left with a few under achieving legacy players but, while admitting he's a long way short of perfect, he managed to improve things pretty quickly on an absolutely meagre budget.

The argument that he 'knew what he was getting into' is meaningless now. It doesn't matter. Yes I'm sure he was over optimistic, but right now he's seen for himself the Roland catastrophe close up, and at least he's not sitting on his hands. Nit picking about Dodoo and Best being paid for a few weeks simultaneously seems a bit desperate.

Sorry if you don't agree, but right now I'd rather give him a bit of moral support. Roland is responsible for the mess we're in, not Robinson imho so lets not take our eye off the ball.

Personally I'd like to see him have a proper window with some funds to buy players, and if that doesn't work out, then happy to reassess.
    Quote of the week James - Just wish we can all come together again but your words are are words of wisdom.COYR
    Cheers for that @ray traecy and thanks for the lol @Henry Irving [lol I can take it]
  • Stupid behaviour naming three subs when he has kids available. Make a point, yes but this is just ridiculous. Would of got more coverage if he put Bowyer on the bench.

His kids?

Bit harsh on Solly!
  • Stupid behaviour naming three subs when he has kids available. Make a point, yes but this is just ridiculous.

Would of got more coverage if he put Bowyer on the bench.

But if Bowyer's not registered as a player, he can't.

• JamesSeed said:

Although I’m narked by Robbo’s intransigence I think he deserves a chance to work under decent owners and

Croydon said:

MrLargo said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry, but this bloke is really getting on my tits with his new "stand up to Roland" approach.

We were the second worst run club in the country before you arrived (a "basket case" you might say), and we've been the second worst run club in the country since you arrived and throughout your entire tenure. It's not new information, and the only reason he's started speaking out now is to strengthen his image as a man "on the supporter's side", and to make sure that any potential future employers get the message he was working for bad owners and that's why he couldn't get one of the biggest clubs in League 1 anywhere near the promotion spots.

Yes, we've got injury problems, but Magennis hasn't been injured at all and our main problem is scoring goals (lowest scorers in the top 10). He probably just needs resting, but we can't do that because our gobby gaffer wasn't willing to be anything like as outspoken in the last transfer window, so we ended up with a bloke from Rangers who "will excite the fans", and then when Robbo realised he was too shit to get in the team, we went to our favourite shop, "Out of contract players that nobody else wants R'us".

We've ended up paying Best and Dodoo simultaneously for a couple of months - for their combined monthly weekly wage we probably could have got someone half decent back in August, when the non-stupid clubs do the bulk of their recruitment.
    THIS

NOT this.
    Maybe this
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

I think Robinson has generally been a breath of fresh air and had he been given the tools that he was no doubt promised by Meire and Murray when recruited then I think we would still be in that top group.

But only a total fool would have fallen for those promises. Surely he must have done ten minutes of due diligence before he signed up and figured out that a club that gets through 6 managers in two years probably isn't the best employer to work for. Chris Wilder was astute enough to figure it out. And let's not forget, Robinson himself described us as a basket case just a few months before he signed up - he knew EXACTLY what he was signing up for and if he doesn't like it then that really is his tough luck - 2 minutes on the phone to any one from Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon or Slade would have been sufficient for even the thickest bloke to figure out that working for Roland is a bad idea.

Think he deserves a shot at the support he should have for from Duchatelet.

What has he done to "deserve a shot"? Let's excuse last season on the basis that you can argue it wasn't his team. We started this season with no complaints from Robinson about the transfer activity over the summer, his team and he was happy with it. No injury-crisis excuses for woeful performances giving Gillingham and Plymouth their first wins of the season and failing to beat Bury at home. I look through our results this season - two excellent wins at Rotherham and Bradford, other than that there's nothing that suggests "promotion contender" when you compare it to the results we picked up in this league last time we got promoted.

I am bewildered at what people see in this bloke, and even more bemused that some people think he's the best we can do post-takeover. I can only presume that what I see as a lack of class and a constant stream of bullshit is what other people see as "passion" and "wearing his heart on his sleeve".
    I couldn’t disagree with you more.

• Sack him straight after he wins 6 games on the spin.

• "The fans have got their Charlton back"
  • Sponsored links:

• Still undecided
  • We've had some very bad showings under him recently - first half against Gillingham probably the nadir - but he has been unlucky with injuries, and there have been quite a few battling performances, more away than at home of late. Last two games have surely bought him a start under new ownership - if it happens
  • In the current situation the club finds itself in, the manager usually couldn't lose, but it seems Robbo can't win

• With all Robinson's frustration, signings cancelled and players beginning to be sold from under him, maybe there's a siege mentality developing in the dressing room.

That can only benefit team spirit and results.
  • In the current situation the club finds itself in, the manager usually couldn't lose, but it seems Robbo can't win

Except the last 2 league fixtures.
  • Dazzler21 said:

In the current situation the club finds itself in, the manager usually couldn't lose, but it seems Robbo can't win

Except the last 2 league fixtures.
    That weren't a dig at Robbo
  • Now gets interesting.
    If Rolands here still in a couple of weeks and we pick up 4 out of 6 points will Karl still be kicking off about Roland.