Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Bury v Charlton | Sat 13 Jan 2018

Here's a match thread.

Anyone got the line up yet?

Comments

• edited January 2018
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Solly, Jackson, Forster-Caskey, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc

• So we have 3 options from the bench. Ace

And one of them is a goalkeeper
  • Despite everything, that is a strong first XI. And we have Jackson's presence on the bench. And Reeco. And Phillips is quite good at his impromptu Crossbar Challenges, so maybe he can come on up front
  • Leuth said:

Despite everything, that is a strong first XI. And we have Jackson's presence on the bench. And Reeco. And Phillips is quite good at his impromptu Crossbar Challenges, so maybe he can come on up front

Strong xi? Brilliant, you should be a stand up comedian.
  • Sponsored links:

• TEAM NEWS | Only five subs for the Addicks today.

Despite not being 100 per cent fit, Jake Forster-Caskey and Chris Solly insisted on making the journey for the team. #cafc

Good job we can only play 3 subs anyway.

Sounds to me that there's still a good spirit among players.
    With Holmes leaving and all the takeover chaos, perhaps Jacko's been at work building morale?

• That front 4 does not have goals in it.
  • Surely we could fill that bench with youngsters though? I understand KR wants to highlight how shit things are but this means we have 2 outfield replacements if Solly and JFC aren't fit.
  • Is Bauer injured ?
  • Where's dodoo? Injured or gone back from his loan?

And another is a 35 year old knackered from 90 minutes a few days ago in the Meaningless Trophy.

• West Ham only have six subs on their bench today.
  • Should play some youngsters on the bench. Even just for the experience with travelling with the first team squad
  • Southbank said:

That front 4 does not have goals in it.

Our back 4 does, if Bury have done their homework.

• Sponsored links:

• Where's dodoo? Injured or gone back from his loan?

He's extinct.

(well as far as Charlton are concerned).
  • Loan ended.
  • Anyone been able to purchase a Match Pass on iFollow yet?
  • Pardon my French but that is fucking embarrassing
  • cafcbrown said:

Is Bauer injured ?

Signing for Barcelona tomorrow for £10m.
  • Expected Bauer to play...? Which is a worry. Jan sales continue?
  • Charlton Athletic, 3 fit players on the bench. 1 of them is a Keeper. The ace of a club that became a joker.
  • I'm mystified by the decision to go with that bench.

If Solly and Forster-Caskey are not fit, having them on a five man bench is petty and, quite possibly, damaging. Even if forced to select from the U23s, we need to have both a full and fit bench (while hoping to avoid throwing unready players into the fray).

Frankly, if this is Robinson's decision, he should go. It's the sort of petulance I'd expect from a 10 year old. He is, IMHO, today deliberately sacrificing our team's chances of a win on the altar of his own ego, leaving us with an inadequate matchday squad (so, in terms of player selection, not too far removed from the self-regarding idiocy of Duchatelet since 2014).

Steady, he can still only play 3 subs.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!