Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson talking to fans again (pre-Bury)

Comments

• Are there any other examples in the history of English football of a manager informing the fans of the club he manages that the owner is a bastard ?

I think it is an indication that Robinson is pretty certain that Roland won't be the owner for much longer.
    Or he won't be manager much longer. Or both.
  • I think one thing we can be sure is that, come February, we'll either have a new owner or new manager.
  • Are there any other examples in the history of English football of a manager informing the fans of the club he manages that the owner is a bastard ?

I think it is an indication that Robinson is pretty certain that Roland won't be the owner for much longer.
    Agree but would be more confident if Karl said it in a press conference.
  • I hope what Karl has been told is true, as like everyone else just desperate for all of this to be done.

If this is true then I am assuming the Holmes sale is not the only sale that has been agreed to be done to go in Roland's wallet.

As I can't imagine Sheffield United are willing to pay more then something around the 500k to 700k mark for a 31 year old who has never played in the second tier.

That does not seem a lot of money to make the difference between a sale being off or on.

It covers another month’s losses, so buys him time to get any deal over the line without racking up further losses.

• bobmunro said:

I hope what Karl has been told is true, as like everyone else just desperate for all of this to be done.

If this is true then I am assuming the Holmes sale is not the only sale that has been agreed to be done to go in Roland's wallet.

As I can't imagine Sheffield United are willing to pay more then something around the 500k to 700k mark for a 31 year old who has never played in the second tier.

That does not seem a lot of money to make the difference between a sale being off or on.

It covers another month’s losses, so buys him time to get any deal over the line without racking up further losses.

That was what I hope it means but I'm not convinced.
  • If Robinson continues to insult Mr Duchatelet he may end up talking himself out of a job.
  • PopIcon said:

If Robinson continues to insult Mr Duchatelet he may end up talking himself out of a job.

This, he needs to be careful as RD is still the owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

If Robinson continues to insult Mr Duchatelet he may end up talking himself out of a job.

The ultimate prank - RD appoints Nobby V on his way into the office to sign over the club.
  • bobmunro said:

PopIcon said:

I think that’s his agenda anyway.

Spot on.
  • bobmunro said:

PopIcon said:

I think that’s his agenda anyway.

I think the risk he takes is that new owners will hear of this and see him as unreliable.

Regardless KR knows RD won't be supportive so he might as well try to build alliances elsewhere.
  • It will be interesting to see what's actually meant by 'debt management.' No-one can realistically expect to get much more from the operating budget after five years of resource cuts and budget trimming. The big debt that Duchatelet has added to the club through his poor leadership and Meire's naive management is simply money spent. No amount of financial chicanery is going to change that. Sooner or later it needs to be settled.
  • Maybe KR has met with the new owners and knows his job is safe?
  • There is no reason to buy the club if your intention is simply to run it with smaller losses - you may as well burn the cash now in your back garden and save yourself the trouble.

Whatever the logic might be for running the club differently, we would not be the first club to just switch one terrible owner for another.
  • edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Ricky Holmes was pictured in the hotel at the corner‎ of Sheffield United's ground prior to Friday's Steel City derby with Sheffield Wenesday.

Charlton are staying overnight in the Manchester area ahead of Saturday's clash with Bury, but it is difficult to see how Holmes can be in the right frame of mind to play in the game.
  • limeygent said:

Maybe KR has met with the new owners and knows his job is safe?

FFS, don't say that !
  • limeygent said:

Maybe KR has met with the new owners and knows his job is safe?

Maybe. If it is McLeish then it would be easy as Bowyer and McLeish have the same agent.

Still think he's playing a risky game.
  • barstool said:

No perspective owner would takeover a business or worse a FC without proper DD and a sound business plan. Roland aside, because he had a communist view, they will have money otherwise why bother. The good thing will be fresh ideas and they certainly will have a pot for the playing staff as well as covering the costs. They will also be aware of the current plight and the transfer window so its a deadline for everyone. Roland knows that to, so its his chance to get out before the protest start again so he needs it to happen as much as the buyers

Without proper Due Diligence !

Lloyds Bank bought HBOS without proper DD. This nearly ruined them and ultimately cost them over £20 Billion. A tad more than this deal will hinge on.

Sounds to me like we will be one of the most well managed clubs financially in leauge 2. Can't wait.
    RBS/ABNAmro.
  • It will be interesting to see what's actually meant by 'debt management.' No-one can realistically expect to get much more from the operating budget after five years of resource cuts and budget trimming. The big debt that Duchatelet has added to the club through his poor leadership and Meire's naive management is simply money spent. No amount of financial chicanery is going to change that. Sooner or later it needs to be settled.

Although I tend to agree, I'm mindful of the fact that Duchâtelet has found a way to extricate himself from other football clubs he's degraded, without suffering the financial consequences.

Based on his past actions, I've no doubt he'll do whatever is necessary to save face and recoup as much cash as possible, the result of that may well impact on our football club for years to come.
  • PopIcon said:

This, he needs to be careful as RD is still the owner.
    He'll get his payoff either way.

Hearsay is not adequate proof of gross misconduct.
  • edited January 2018

Uboat said:

We need to keep all this stuff on one thread. Can someone from admin clean this up please.

What thread do you suggest it goes onto................The takeover one, Bury match preview, the car park one or Robinson out ???

Just asking.
    Is there a Roland is a bastard thread?
    Is he related to the TV detector gentleman from the Young Ones?

The name's Bastard, but you can call me right bleed'n
  • Well, I said by the end of Jan in the poll so that's a result. :-)

We'll see though.

Just get out Douche.