Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Massive financial loss for Duchatelet

Amid the Duchatelet lead carnage at the Valley, when there is no good news anywhere, let's all hope that the delay in completion of a takeover and the ongoing encouragement towards other bidders, is because no-one is willing to pay more than what the club is worth. It offers us all the hope that when Duchatelet finally sells, he will take a massive double-digit million pound loss back to Belgium. I am thinking £20-30m so the asset stripping of the likes of Holmes and Konsa will be chicken-feed by comparison.

Pray for the last laugh.

Comments

• I'm praying that the potential buyers don't pull out because of Duchetalets shenanigans.
  • He is a resentful,spiteful man who has no concern over his losses at Charlton.His main aim is to cause as much misery as possible in retaliation for the grief we have given him(which in his eyes will be undeserved)
  • Blucher said:

I hope he takes a massive bath financially.

Is that before or after his haircut?
  • I'm praying that the potential buyers don't pull out because of Duchetalets shenanigans.

This
  • Most likely a 20 to 25 million difference in valuation between the interested parties and Duche. Looks like they are saying 20 mill and he wants 45 mill. So although it looks like 4 interested parties, in duche's mind, they are not close to being acceptable offers.

We do know he wants to sell and with KM gone he has no reason to stick around. He will look to minimise his losses.

As I said on another thread, I think he will sell whatever players he can in this transfer window and then sell the club to the best remaining offer in early Feb.

It's a gamble but that's a game he can afford to play. With 4 interested parties he probably feels he has some leeway in terms of player sales.
  • Sponsored links:

• It offers us all the hope that when Duchatelet finally sells, he will take a massive double-digit million pound loss back to Belgium. I am thinking £20-30m so the asset stripping of the likes of Holmes and Konsa will be chicken-feed by comparison.

Pray for the last laugh.

Varney will presumably have one. After being dismissing him as a billboard salesman, RD stands to lose a lot more money than he would have two years ago.
  • I will vinegar piss myself laughing if he takes a financial bath.
  • I will vinegar piss myself laughing if he takes a financial bath.

Now you mention it, a very long vinegar piss bath for Roland would be entirely appropriate
  • Money is the only thing that douchebag appears to care about so I'm sure he'll find a way to gain a return on his "investment".
  • I was wondering about the former director loans. They are interest free but, has he been charging 3% on them like the rest of the debt?
  • cafcfan said:

He'll barely notice.

The shares he owns in his main electronics business, Melexis, have performed massively over the last few years. Propelling him from mere multimillionaire to billionaire status. (In euros). The price per share has increased from high €20s three years ago to €89 today.

He owns in excess of half the company through a holding company Xtrion. Xtrion will be pulling in approx €2 per share per year by way of dividend from Melexis. By my reckoning that's circa €40mn per annum. The value of Melexis shares held by Xtrion is €1.9bn. Let's be cautious and assume RD (or his interests) is beneficial owner of half of Xtrion. His dividends alone more than pay for any loses he makes at Charlton. He has other business interests too.

However attractive the concept of him taking a big financial hit might seem, the reality is very different. By the time he's organised a loss to set against tax, Charlton will have cost him no more than a small box of Godiva chocolates.

Post of the week, take a bow sir.

I have no evidence to back up what he is worth but I am sure he has a good accountant on board and by the time they offset any losses at Charlton against his other profits he will hardly notice.
  • Hopefully one day soon, he’ll be the richest man in his local care home. There he will be able to sit there and count his vast wealth and reflect on the fact he ain’t no better off than any of the other inmates.
  • FORD said:

Money is the only thing that douchebag appears to care about so I'm sure he'll find a way to gain a return on his "investment".

He will, or he'll find a way to make it look like he has - he doesn't do failure, so it cant be shown that he has failed himself.
  • Hopefully one day soon, he’ll be the richest man in his local care home. There he will be able to sit there and count his vast wealth and reflect on the fact he ain’t no better off than any of the other inmates.

People with his sort of money do not end up in care homes, they convert a part of their homes, have nurses and doctors on call 24/7 and stay surrounded by their loved ones. That is the whole point of being wealthy.

People like Roland don't end up in care homes. They live in perfect health until they're 104, inflicting bitter misery on everyone. It's what makes them feel alive!!
  • Sponsored links:

People with his sort of money do not end up in care homes, they convert a part of their homes, have nurses and doctors on call 24/7 and stay surrounded by their loved ones. That is the whole point of being wealthy.
    The loved ones I've upset
    I'll only need a 6x3 shed
  • He will not care - just go and look at what has happened to the share price of Melexis, the listed company which he controls, over the past year.
  • Amid the Duchatelet lead carnage at the Valley, when there is no good news anywhere, let's all hope that the delay in completion of a takeover and the ongoing encouragement towards other bidders, is because no-one is willing to pay more than what the club is worth. It offers us all the hope that when Duchatelet finally sells, he will take a massive double-digit million pound loss back to Belgium. I am thinking £20-30m so the asset stripping of the likes of Holmes and Konsa will be chicken-feed by comparison.

Pray for the last laugh.

He's a rich man. The loss will hardly make a dent, and I suspect he would take a financial hit to get one back at all those who have made his time owning Charlton so wretched. he may well give us one final kick in the balls as he departs.
  • clb74 said:

Hopefully one day soon, he’ll be the richest man in his local care home. There he will be able to sit there and count his vast wealth and reflect on the fact he ain’t no better off than any of the other inmates.

The loved ones I've upset
    I'll only need a 6x3 shed
    Are you taller than Elfsborg?

• mogodon said:

Amid the Duchatelet lead carnage at the Valley, when there is no good news anywhere, let's all hope that the delay in completion of a takeover and the ongoing encouragement towards other bidders, is because no-one is willing to pay more than what the club is worth. It offers us all the hope that when Duchatelet finally sells, he will take a massive double-digit million pound loss back to Belgium. I am thinking £20-30m so the asset stripping of the likes of Holmes and Konsa will be chicken-feed by comparison.

Pray for the last laugh.

He's a rich man. The loss will hardly make a dent, and I suspect he would take a financial hit to get one back at all those who have made his time owning Charlton so wretched. he may well give us one final kick in the balls as he departs.
    You're spot on I'm afraid.

It's now all about how much more pain he can inflict on us prior to accepting his financial loses (which he will of course recoup elsewhere).

His warped, egotistical and narcissistic personality is one that will ensure that he does whatever it takes to have the last laugh.
  • mogodon said:

Pray for the last laugh.

Presumably why he was desperate to sell Holmes and refused Robinson a player in part-exchange? Money-driven, it's why he acquired a network of clubs, to make money on FFP not because he gave 'two-shits' about any of them.
  • Personally I don't care what his personal loss will be when he sells.

My main concern is that he tries to keep some part off the valley or sparrows lane.
    I just want him out of our club 100%.
    The sooner the better.

In all honesty, I couldn’t give a toss about Sparrows Lane. If it means him fucking off he can have it as long as the Valley is part of the deal.
  • tbh , if Red Bull were to come along tomorrow and say, we've bought the club , but RD wont sell The Valley therefore we're moving to the Peninsular - then.....fucking great, bring it on.
  • Personally I don't care what his personal loss will be when he sells.

My main concern is that he tries to keep some part off the valley or sparrows lane.
    I just want him out of our club 100%.
    The sooner the better.

In all honesty, I couldn’t give a toss about Sparrows Lane. If it means him fucking off he can have it as long as the Valley is part of the deal.
    In some ways I agree with you.
    But.
    If he still owns sparrows lane he still owns a part of Charlton and I want the cnut completely gone.
  • Just move away from Sparrows Lane. There are plenty of other training facilities