Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Good commentary to be fair.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Interesting video of Roland on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Great spot, takeover can't be far away surely?
    Nice work
  • Options
    Scoham said:

You'd hope so. I'm never gonna give it up and hopefully any new owners wouldn't let us down.
  • Options

Scoham said:

You'd hope so. I'm never gonna give it up and hopefully any new owners wouldn't let us down.
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of when it comes to a new owner, not 1.5% of his time.

You wouldn't get this nonsense from any other owner.
  • Options
    £100 million. Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant.
  • Options

Probably first time she’s been back there since our QF
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    He's definitely selling alright, starting with our better players.
  • Options

Why no public statement as to where everything stands? What happened to media cover for Meire

Relocated to South Yorkshire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFC only 66 to 1 for relegation with Betway. Be VERY afraid.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I now have a very bad feeling about this, because it has very strong echoes of his sale of Standard. That too turned into a protracted affair of several months. The Standard Socios remain convinced that he "emptied the bank account of €30m before he left". I have admittedly had difficulty coaxing out of them the hard evidence that ought to exist for such a claim, although they did show that the Staprix accounts in 2014 showed very little cash in the company. He had previously taken a €20 dividend. In the run up to the final sale, (to a buyer with modest investment funds) several good players were sold, and the squad was so inadequate after the takeover that Standard initially sank to the bottom of a league they have never, ever, been relegated from.

I fear that when RD has spoken of showing people he can make a financial success of football, his only measure is whether he himself as the investor walks away with a profit. It is all he cares about and he probably thinks that is how his peer group will evaluate it too. He walked away from Standard with a tidy profit. I fear that what we are now seeing is a very similar process as players are suddenly sold. Quite what the potential buyers make of this, no one seems to know. Perhaps they should have called Bruno Venanzi in Liege and asked him.

Grim, grim times.

Apparently Venanzi didn't have the full asking price for Standard, so an agreement was struck whereby Duchâtelet received further payments over a number of years. He installed his friend Bob Claes to make sure the payments were met.

One of several tricks Duchâtelet was alleged to have pulled, was grabbing a couple of players from his mate (puppet?) Bart Lammens at STVV, taking them to Standard where they were sold on, thus ensuring Venanzi had the cash to pay the bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

This is a well travelled thread.

You've missed USA, which maybe should not be ignored from a whisper I heard today.
  • Options
    Oi Rolaaaaand - righto
  • Options
    I’m
    Smashed and willing to buy the club can someone give me the account details please
  • Options

I’m
    Smashed and willing to buy the club can someone give me the account details please

Not all hero's wear capes....
  • Options
    Nug said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Reading all this scary stuff about RD can people really worry about McLeish's consortium not being worthy. Get this cancer out of our club and let the jocks take control and give us back a united CAFC

Anybody who has football at the centre of their plans no matter how "minted" they are is a step in the right direction for me. Everyone goes on about they need to have this amount or that. Plenty of clubs have proved you don't need hundreds of millions to get on and plenty have proved even if you do it doesn't guarantee success. Football people trying to advance the team and keeping the fans on board is better than this.
    Absolutely this. In this very division, both Shrewsbury and AFCW prove your point.

• Options
    cabbles said:

Probably first time she’s been back there since our QF
    See - she has learnt from her mistakes - already employed (the woman sitting in front of her) a human shield/stunt double.
  • Options

I’m

Not all hero's wear capes....
    Is Geoff Capes involved?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!