Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton | Sat 13 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Redrobo said:

What odds are Bury?

Raiding the kids Christmas money tomorrow and going large on a home win.

Absolutely nailed on!

Good plan - but we are away!
    whoooosh.
  • You think we've reached the bottom and things can only get better but this week has proved otherwise. By the end of Jan Holmes, Konsa and probably Kashi will have all gone with unwanted loans or free agents taking their place. 50 points is essential so a win at Bury is imperative. I think we might just sneak a draw 1-1.
  • I think the impending departure of Holmes and Konsa will adversely affect the squad.

2-0 to a determined Bury fighting for their lives against a listless, unpenetrative Charlton Athletic I fear.
  • 1-2 to Charlton.
  • can't see past a 2-0 defeat here, they haven't won/scored for half a dozen games or something blah blah......nailed on

Lost their last 7 in all competitions, and failed to score in their last 6 home games. Oh dear.
  • Amos
    Djiksteel Bauer Konsa daSilva
    Kashi
    Marshall Aribo Mavididi Reeves
    Magennis

Phillips. Jackson. Reeco. Lapslie. Mascoll. Blumberg. Anderson or Doughty
  • can't see past a 2-0 defeat here, they haven't won/scored for half a dozen games or something blah blah......nailed on

Lost their last 7 in all competitions, and failed to score in their last 6 home games. Oh dear.
    We are doomed aren't we?
  • Bury will end their bad run but we must make sure it ain't us they end it against.
  • Must win game plus a lot of the top eight are all playing each other so chance to close some gaps.

• Amos
    Konsa Bauer Lennon
    Marshall Kashi Aribo Dasilva
    Reeves
    Magennis Mavididi

Or

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Lennon Dasilva
    Kashi Aribo
    Marshall Reeves Mavididi
    Magennis

Much prefer the 3-4-1-2 however.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

What odds are Bury?

Raiding the kids Christmas money tomorrow and going large on a home win.

Absolutely nailed on!

Good plan - but we are away!
    whoooosh.
    Double whooooosh.
  • Sage said:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Lennon
    Marshall Kashi Aribo Dasilva
    Reeves
    Magennis Mavididi

Or

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Lennon Dasilva
    Kashi Aribo
    Marshall Reeves Mavididi
    Magennis

Much prefer the 3-4-1-2 however.
    Yeah my issues with going three at the back were lack of a right wingback and the fact that it doesn't really accommodate Holmes. Still concerned by the former, but the latter is no longer a problem. I don't know that tomorrow is the game for it. I think it might make us a bit narrow and predictable. But I hope it's an option going forward. And if Marshall is going to be the righ wingback, I'd also liked to see us switch formations in game if necessary.
  • What's the point? Season over whether we win or not. I went last Saturday and after scraping a lucky win with a totally crap performance against a team who have sold their best players and were playing a load of youngsters I came out thinking so what? Almost past caring. Obvious point but we need the sale of the club to go through PDQ.
  • I’m predicting a dull, huffing & puffing attempt to win a game against a club we always struggle against. Bury haven't scored since gawd know when, but I bet the drought ends. Best I can hope for is a draw - we’re in a shambolic state of not knowing what’s happening, & dull Bury are just dull Bury.
  • If Jacko starts we'll win 2-0, if he doesn't we'll lose 2-1.
  • Hope it doesn't com to penalties.
  • Macronate said:

The sort of game we lose.

1-0.

Bury have lost their last six games so nailed on we will not win.

• 2-0 Charlton win , Jacko on the scoresheet .
  • addick05 said:

What's the point? Season over whether we win or not. I went last Saturday and after scraping a lucky win with a totally crap performance against a team who have sold their best players and were playing a load of youngsters I came out thinking so what? Almost past caring. Obvious point but we need the sale of the club to go through PDQ.

Season certainly not over if we win or not, very frustrating at the moment, but a couple of wins would push us back into top six, we've got a few players coming back from injury who are better than their replacements.
  • Macronate said:

The sort of game we lose.

1-0.

Bury have lost their last six games so nailed on we will not win.

It'll be a virtual trade mark team performance under the current regime - confused, disjointed, dispirited, tactically baffling (inept even), lacking in drive and guile, inconsistent, panicky and really quite dull - whatever the result.

But, as we are usually so generous to teams on a bad run, I fully expect that today's game will mark a change in fortunes, with the season being turned around, as Bury start picking up points in their efforts to avoid the drop.

We might get a draw...
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel like the next “rock bottom” moment is in store today, lose to a team that are rock bottom whilst your best and most exciting player is absent to tie up his future elsewhere and we drift further away from the play offs.

Apologies for the mood, bury 2-0 Charlton
  • Can those attending please let it be known that we are not happy.
  • Can those attending please let it be known that we are not happy.

Message received and understood :wink:
  • 0-3 Holmes double, Mag finishing things off.
  • Has Ricky arrived in Bury yet?
  • Bury....shortest name in the league, 2-0 to Charlton despite all the shit that's going on.
  • Just when you think things can't get any worse....if our players are as good as we think they are, surely.....surely we can do enough to take the 3 points today.
  • Can someone tell me when was the last time Charlton won at Gigg Lane ...Bury.

Seem to recall 3-2 win when Wright , Curtis ,Campbell etc back in 1968.

Point at best for the boys from SE7.
  • RedChaser said:

Can those attending please let it be known that we are not happy.

Message received and understood :wink:
    We're relying on you, RC !

A loud "She wants Roland out!" for Fanny, if you please.
  • edited January 2018

Can someone tell me when was the last time Charlton won at Gigg Lane ...Bury.

Seem to recall 3-2 win when Wright , Curtis ,Campbell etc back in 1968.

Point at best for the boys from SE7.

Didn't we beat them when we got promoted last?
    Just checked, we did 2-1 with Jacko getting the winner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!