Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Konsa to Everton ?

124»

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

I still think it would be best for Konsa to play regularly over the second half of the season. I think he'd really struggle to make the step up. But with that said, with all of Everton's injuries they may just be desperate for cover there.

Tend to agree, SD. Ideally, the time to move for Konsa would be early in the summer - so that he gets a full pre-season with his new club, and time to adapt to a different locality without pressure. Like Gomez did.

The thing is, Everton would surely be buying him for the future rather than throwing him in their first team immediately
    No doubt that would be their intention. But things can get desperate.
    Last season, Lookman was involved with the Everton 1st team squad immediately.

It would be huge pressure and he could get ruined if he was ripped to pieces in the Prem, simply because he's not yet quite ready.
    Far better, IMO to make the move in the summer.

But, of course, there are times when you have to grab an opportunity simply because this your big chance, even if the timing is wrong.

• IMHO he is nowhere near a championship player let alone Premier. At times he has looked lazy and disinterested.
  • edited January 2018

IMHO he is nowhere near a championship player let alone Premier. At times he has looked lazy and disinterested.

Yeah, but I think what a lot of people are saying is that lazy and disinterested doesn't equal being a bad player.
  • edited January 2018
    Leaving aside the wider picture about our decimated squad, on the face of it Konsa is the first of our wunderkinds of recent seasons that i won’t particularly miss if we get a decent fee. Don’t see what all the fuss is about if I’m being honest.
  • A motivated Konsa would easily be able to play Championship football and will make 50+ prem appearances IMO.

But not in the same league as Gomez and I would be surprised if he ever gets a full cap. Although still plenty of time to develop and could yet turn into a Keane or Maguire.

The rumoured price is nothing for a prem club these days and Everton have got it right with their young defenders recently.
  • A motivated Konsa would easily be able to play Championship football and will make 50+ prem appearances IMO.

But not in the same league as Gomez and I would be surprised if he ever gets a full cap. Although still plenty of time to develop and could yet turn into a Keane or Maguire.

The rumoured price is nothing for a prem club these days and Everton have got it right with their young defenders recently.

£4m max is nothing really in the PL, even if a club like Hartlepool could go under for lack of a tiny fraction of that amount, but that's a different issue...
  • A very good player, calm on the ball and always seem to have time. Also has good pace which is essential in the Prem.

One can but hope that Robbo gets to loan him back.
  • Have we ever got any of our sold players back on loan?

• Have we ever got any of our sold players back on loan?

But we have Robbo in our corner now.
  • IMHO he is nowhere near a championship player let alone Premier. At times he has looked lazy and disinterested.

What times were they? He has had a few wonky moments which you would expect from a young player but and lazy and disinterested? I can't be having that at all-as far as I can see he has always given 100% despite being chopped and changed around the team. He would be a big loss to our already depeleted squad and I hope he stays until at least the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Konsa is half decent but I reckon Aribo is a better player.

Sshhhh - dont give the old scroat ideas.

And has more potential.

Completely different types of player.

How can you compare?
  • Konsa will certainly play ok in The Championship or higher but needs to do three things;

- Bulk up.
    - Learn to head properly (be more aggressive rather than letting the ball drop and having to turn).
    - Keep his hands down (he's always in the back of strikers and will give away far too many free-kicks)

He's raw but talented. Whether he can be a regular for one of the top 4 clubs remains to be seen but he should be able to get established at a very decent level. If Everton buy him, they ought to loan him out to a struggling Championship team (assuming the non-strugglers already have settled defences) to see how he shapes up.