Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

167891012»

Comments

• mogodon said:

If he was assured his transfer plans would be sorted, it isn't really him who should be criticised if somebody has gone back on their word!

Perhaps so, but his judgement of who to trust would certainly be under scrutiny
    Whilst that may be true, every manager has to believe their owner will fund their transfer window if the owner says they will.

I don't for a moment believe that Karl expected the full planned budget he had in his head... but I do believe he expected A budget.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

I would like the north stand to be named the Alan Curbishley stand so that our two greatest managers in history can share the valley and face each other.

Can't we just rename the'north stand' as The Covered End ?

Seeing as the south stand (jimmy seed) is also an "end" & is also "covered" then it may not be truly accurate. A Covered End, maybe, but not The Covered End.

I'm probably alone in this but I'm not a great fan of naming stands. You generally only have 4 of them, so what happens when Lookman returns as manager in 2040 & manages us for 20 years, winning the Premier League 5 times & the Champions League twice & we find that all we have left to name is the scoreboard as by then we have, in addition to the Jimmy Seed stand, the Curbishley stand, The SCP Stand & the Andrew Muir stand.

As we all know - we don't need a stadium map if the stands are all known by their geographical names.
    Oh, come on, Golfie .... lighten up.
    My comment was just tongue in cheek.

Anyway, every supporter still called it the Covered End long after the Jimmy South Stand was built in 1979.
    And for most of us longstanding fans, it will always be the Covered End.

It's part of our history and tradition.

Am I missing something? The Jimmy Seed is the away end and was an open terrace until the 80s. The Covered End was the small ramshackle home end behind the goal which is now the North Stand.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

I would like the north stand to be named the Alan Curbishley stand so that our two greatest managers in history can share the valley and face each other.

Can't we just rename the'north stand' as The Covered End ?

Seeing as the south stand (jimmy seed) is also an "end" & is also "covered" then it may not be truly accurate. A Covered End, maybe, but not The Covered End.

I'm probably alone in this but I'm not a great fan of naming stands. You generally only have 4 of them, so what happens when Lookman returns as manager in 2040 & manages us for 20 years, winning the Premier League 5 times & the Champions League twice & we find that all we have left to name is the scoreboard as by then we have, in addition to the Jimmy Seed stand, the Curbishley stand, The SCP Stand & the Andrew Muir stand.

As we all know - we don't need a stadium map if the stands are all known by their geographical names.
    Oh, come on, Golfie .... lighten up.
    My comment was just tongue in cheek.

Anyway, every supporter still called it the Covered End long after the Jimmy South Stand was built in 1979.
    And for most of us longstanding fans, it will always be the Covered End.

It's part of our history and tradition.

Am I missing something? The Jimmy Seed is the away end and was an open terrace until the 80s. The Covered End was the small ramshackle home end behind the goal which is now the North Stand.
    Which was why I mentioned that the Jimmy Seed Stand was built in 1979.

• Karl's frustration is understandable. He was told he could sign players as planned and then days later told he couldn't. Any manager would be annoyed.

Should he have anticipated this after previous windows when he has been given very little to spend on fees despite the Lookman and Fox money? Of course he should but maybe he was too trusting. I don't think he's an idiot.

Should he have said what he did to @cafc999 and others in the car park? Not really but again he's frustrated and wants to make it clear what his side of the story is. He knows what he is saying and has a reason for doing so.

Never been his biggest fan but he's been poorly treated here I think. Yes, he shouldn't have been surprised but it's still a kick in the balls.

Just wish those that hate CARD would see that it's Duchatelet that is the problem here, not protests, not silly personal vendettas, not whether you like Robinson, just Duchatelet.

I'd have more respect if he said it to the press openly & not to half a dozen fans in the car park. If you got something to say, then say it publicly so it can be reported accurately & so that the whole world knows.

• The whole world does know now.

Or at least Charlton Life. That is the whole world, isn't it?

• cafc999 said:

KR also said that he wouldn't be suprised if Holmes was sold.

This was all before the match

Not long now then
  • Never really believe KR when he says he loves the club and cares about the club.

If by any chance he actually did then that mettle is about to be severely tested.

I suspect he is just working his contract now and doesn't really give a flying ****.
  • Never really believe KR when he says he loves the club and cares about the club.

If by any chance he actually did then that mettle is about to be severely tested.

I suspect he is just working his contract now and doesn't really give a flying ****.

I thought this for a while but he's won me over in that respect. He talks a lot but listening to recent interviews I think he genuinely cares.
  • Where Robinson is at his best, and for many his worst, is when he is able to concentrate on the football related stuff. His ideas might be flawed, or they might be good, he may or may not have the players to implement what he tries, but at least he is trying to establish a team, and from that trying to establish a club.
    Can anybody watch the present events and suggest that Robinson is being exploitative, or a gobby chancer out to make a buck? He isn't. He is in a situation that he wouldn't choose to be in with the lack of support and direction, not to mention injuries and uncertainty, and he is trying to get on with it.
    Weirdly kind of like Theresa May.
    If his worst crime is that he should've known what he was getting into, then we have had other managers with failings too.
    I want to see Karl Robinson proportionately, but I admit his very association with this regime makes objectivity more difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did somebody say that the press will report stuff accurately