Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its raining Iguanas.

Bloody cold here on the East coast of The U.S., but thought this might be of interest.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/iguana-florida-cold-weather.html

Comments

• Probably another shooting.
  • I used to think it would be great if we could sign that Dominic Lizard.
  • edited January 2018
    Had an enormous one of these on the dock of my rented villa on Marco Island a few years back. Reckon it was about 5' long, maybe a bit more. You certainly wouldn't argue with it. I've a photo somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. A colourful bastard but it didn't look like it would take any prisoners. You certainly wouldn't want it landing on your head!
  • It's -14c here in Maryland this morning, brass monkey weather.
  • Amazing animals. Had a mate who had one - really tame - much more so than most 'exotics'. Get really possessive around women, apparently - to the point where they'll attack anyone putting their arm round 'their' owner if they're female. My mate's one used to sit on the top/back of the sofa behind him and basically lord it over everyone and everything. Would love to keep one, but apparently they need a huge amount of space, and you they rip stuff up all the time
  • limeygent said:

Bloody cold here on the East coast of The U.S., but thought this might be of interest.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/iguana-florida-cold-weather.html

I can think of a few footballers who collapse into a coma when it gets cold as well!
  • I thought The Weather Girls had released a new single! :(
  • What's it like now Limey? Any warmer?
  • edited January 2018

What's it like now Limey? Any warmer?

A barmy 58F today, pissing down the rest of the day, and foggy. 12F tomorrow night. Snow and 17F Tuesday night. So if you're visiting do it today and bring an umbrella. Otherwise wait 'til April.
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

A barmy 58F today, pissing down the rest of the day, and foggy. 12F tomorrow night. Snow and 17F Tuesday night. So if you're visiting do it today and bring an umbrella. Otherwise wait 'til April.

Oh, I forgot, there's a thunderstorm warning for late afternoon today, and a gale warning from midnight'til noon tomorrow. Weather can be interesting here.

• limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Oh, I forgot, there's a thunderstorm warning for late afternoon today, and a gale warning from midnight'til noon tomorrow. Weather can be interesting here.

Are you down in Florida?

It was probably me being used to the ridiculously warm weather, but when I lived there and it got cold, it was maybe the coldest I've ever been. There is such a bite to the cold down there.
  • I'm still in Maryland, North of Baltimore, close to Pa. line.
  • limeygent said:

I'm still in Maryland, North of Baltimore, close to Pa. line.

Ugh mate that's some serious cold. Stay warm.
  • Amazing animals. Had a mate who had one - really tame - much more so than most 'exotics'. Get really possessive around women, apparently - to the point where they'll attack anyone putting their arm round 'their' owner if they're female. My mate's one used to sit on the top/back of the sofa behind him and basically lord it over everyone and everything. Would love to keep one, but apparently they need a huge amount of space, and you they rip stuff up all the time

That's women for you.
  • TelMc32 said:

I thought The Weather Girls had released a new single! :(

It wouldn't be before time......
  • Great eye work going on, if only I could do that driving round hyde park Corner.