Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

holidays 2018 ideas

Comments

• decided on mexico, riviera maya area @ValleyGary has given me a blinding recomendation anyone else been here, just they all look class.

I stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites on the Riviera Maya, couldn't recommend the place enough - fantastic time
  • Vegas booked,6 days and 6 nights deposit paid this week for May :) cant wait
    little trip to blackpool in June for a pool competition with my mates, so basically a messy one. should be a good couple of months.
  • New York in may
    little trip to blackpool in June for a pool competition with my mates, so basically a messy one. should be a good couple of months.

I did 5 days in Vegas once. Came back a broken man
  • Got two villas hired in Pefkos, Rhodes in July

10 adults, 6 kids including my wife's brother, sister in law and kids who live in Australia who we haven't seen for 3 years

• @johnnybev1987

done vegas 3 times

trip 1 with 3 mates
    trip 2 14 of us
    trip 3 with girlfreind my mum and my sister and her other half.

qaulity place and only getting better.
  • So far booked:

Amsterdam and Madrid in February
    Montenegro in April
    Amsterdam in July
    Valencia in September

Hopefully get another in at some point.
  • If anyone wants any info re Cape Town then PM me, I lived there for 5 years and go there 3/4 times a year to see my kids.
  • Anyone been to Norway before?

Trying to book a fly-drive to the fjords but it seems a bit like travel agents know that people don't really know where to start planning it so charge extortionate prices for them to do it for you.

I know Norway is supposed to be a bit expensive but we were quoted £2795 per person for 10 nights in average hotels ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• So far booked:

Amsterdam and Madrid in February
    Montenegro in April
    Amsterdam in July
    Clap Clinic in August
    Valencia in September

Hopefully get another in at some point.

• Malaga in April
    Bulgaria in August, never been before so nice to go somewhere different.
  • Caravan jobby somewhere on UK coast for a week in August
  • Newquay in March (something local so we can take the pooch)
    Orlando in Oct/Nov, big family holiday which should be quality!
  • taking the caravan a few places this year, Dorset at Easter, Kent coast May bank holiday and then South of France for 2 weeks in August

I did 5 days in Vegas once. Came back a broken man

@johnnybev1987

done vegas 3 times

trip 1 with 3 mates
    trip 2 14 of us
    trip 3 with girlfreind my mum and my sister and her other half.

quality place and only getting better.

I went approx 4-5 years ago with same friend, although at the time he was not single. we both are now...
    Last time we would wake up go watch football whilst drinking like 8 am or earlier, when finished would go play poker continue to drink throughout the day and play a few tourneys. Then after dinner go out until 2/3 am rins repeat, was so good. We did stratosphere and a couple of shows. Wasn't really fussed about Canyon and my mate had been before (Now twice as he proposed last time out there lol)

Will just be lots of gambling/ drinking, love a bit of hooters for the food ;)

Cant Wait!
  • decided on mexico, riviera maya area @ValleyGary has given me a blinding recomendation anyone else been here, just they all look class.

Playa Del Carman was good, but that was back in 98. Hired a VW Beetle and drove to Chichen Itza and Tulum, which was pretty good.
  • I'm hoping to spend a month in Puerto Pollensa in June/July watching the World Cup if my cryptos come in .

Trying to book a fly-drive to the fjords but it seems a bit like travel agents know that people don't really know where to start planning it so charge extortionate prices for them to do it for you.

I know Norway is supposed to be a bit expensive but we were quoted £2795 per person for 10 nights in average hotels ffs

Anyone been to Norway before?

Travel agents don’t charge you anything, they take a commission from the supplier of the services they provide. Tell them what your budget is and they’ll find something or tell you it’s not available at that price...
  • week on the Norfolk coast In May, a week off in July as a cousin is over from Oz and a couple of long weekends away probably.
  • Sponsored links:

• We did Center Parcs last weekend and are going again in May.

Couple of nights in Arras for a classic car show in March
    Paris for a few days at Easter
    Majorca for 2 weeks in August
    Goodwood Revival in September

We're also going away on the first bank holiday in May for my 50th. Not sure where yet, my missus is sorting it out. I had planned to stay in Manchester after the Rochdale game with mates but it's the only weekend we can get away as a family near my Birthday for 2 nights and days. Don't think I'm Mr popular with my mates at the moment.
  • I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Belgium specifically Sint Truiden?

I stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites on the Riviera Maya, couldn't recommend the place enough - fantastic time
    Stayed there for my 25th wedding anniversary almost 6 years ago. Was full of people on their honeymoon, so plenty to ogle at! Weather in May was continuously overcast, but a wonderful hotel, particularly recommend the Italian restaurant.

The bar man at the cocktail bar was an absolute legend, made up a wonderful whisky cocktail for me. One day he was absent and they put a young lad in there as a replacement. I asked for a large Jack Daniels - he served it half full in a pint glass. Don't remember the evening meal.

Despite being considerably older than most, I won the football and table tennis competitions.

Gran Bahia Principe. Very good value in my opinion and huge complex.
  • Solidgone said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Belgium specifically Sint Truiden?

You say that, but ST is a very nice town, and they have a tourist presence, especially in May when they have the bloom fest.
  • I was looking at Barbados or Mexico before my boys turn 2 at the end of November. Barbados was too pricey (I blame the missus) and Mexico almost had too much choice of great hotels to decide on. Plus an 11 hour flight with a baby on my lap didn't appeal!
    Opted to split it in the end and do a week in Halkidiki in July and a few nights in Dubai end of November for some late sunshine.

Mexico is great though. Going back a while but stayed in 2 hotels when there - Moon Palace and Azul Beach. Preferred the latter as smaller and more intimate but think you get good value for money overall.

Anyone been to Norway before?

Travel agents don’t charge you anything, they take a commission from the supplier of the services they provide. Tell them what your budget is and they’ll find something or tell you it’s not available at that price...
    Could always take your own car and a tent/camping equipment etc...as long as you go in the summer.

We're also going away on the first bank holiday in May for my 50th. Not sure where yet, my missus is sorting it out. I had planned to stay in Manchester after the Rochdale game with mates but it's the only weekend we can get away as a family near my Birthday for 2 nights and days. Don't think I'm Mr popular with my mates at the moment.

Wank3r.

Wank3r.
    I know mate, feel bad but L’s taking me away and it’s the only weekend we can do.
  • Just got back from Mexico playa del Carmen yesterday.
    Nice and sunny for 7 out the 14 days 2 of these days were of course the day we had trips booked.
    Cloudy with bits of rain the other 7 so wife was well rapped up for 7 days not what we expected.
    One bloke said can be hit and miss this time of year.
    Lovely people the Mexicans stayed all inclusive at one of the rui hotels and had access to a couple of other their hotels.
    Food was brilliant ,drink was decent enough.
    Have a week in Malta booked for May.
    Will be giving long haul a miss for at least a couple of years though spending a couple of days getting there and as well as a day getting over it too much for me.
    Probably do a cruise next year 2 hour drive to Southampton and the holiday begins.