Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Glossary

How about an Administrator create a glossary of terms and cultural references which they can regularly update for the illumination of the ill-informed?

You know:

WIOTOS - when its on the official site
KR - Karl Robinson
Vol-au- vents - Nibble food often associated with Sue Parkes (Wife of Director Chris Parkes) and perceptions of her being on the gravy train of the unpopular Duchatelet.
Thanks Colin - an accolade directed to a member whose comment is considered self-evident, no longer newsworthy, or incorrect/fanciful (normally wildly so). Colin a once member of Charlton Life who was renown for such comments.

etc...

For me i still don't totally get how people are using "." - a single full stop. Is this a statement of boredom/ennui?

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I feel your pain re the penultimate sentence, can't see the point in it myself. :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

I feel your pain re the penultimate sentence, can't see the point in it myself. :wink:

It's on the end look.
  • Addickted said:

Cockwomble. Clear definition would be useful.

Clique. Reference to the hidden forum for admin and those with more than three promotes.

Dark Side. Another CAFC related forum.

Let me correct that - ‘three or more promotes’ ;-)

• bobmunro said:

Addickted said:

Cockwomble. Clear definition would be useful.

Clique. Reference to the hidden forum for admin and those with more than three promotes.

Dark Side. Another CAFC related forum.

Let me correct that - ‘three or more promotes’ ;-)

I agree with that ...
  • How about an Administrator create a glossary of terms and cultural references which they can regularly update for the illumination of the ill-informed?

You know:

KR - Karl Robinson
    Vol-au- vents - Nibble food often associated with Sue Parkes (Wife of Director Chris Parkes) and perceptions of her being on the gravy train of the unpopular Duchatelet.
    Thanks Colin - an accolade directed to a member whose comment is considered self-evident, no longer newsworthy, or incorrect/fanciful (normally wildly so). Colin a once member of Charlton Life who was renown for such comments.

etc...

For me i still don't totally get how people are using "." - a single full stop. Is this a statement of boredom/ennui?

Used when someone goes back and edits the post to remove what they typed as you can't just delete it.
  • Sponsored links:

• “I’ll look into it” as in @i_b_b_o_r_g can you look into this please

Your public are calling
  • Righto.
    I (tongue in cheek) agree with what you've written...
  • edited January 2018

How about an Administrator create a glossary of terms and cultural references which they can regularly update for the illumination of the ill-informed?

You know:

KR - Karl Robinson

etc...

Chris Parkes is the clubs fixture secretary, not a director.
  • CL badge - A mythical talisman
  • Sponsored links:

• "was you there"

used especially by one grammatically challenged poster to dismiss the opinions of other posters on player performance, team formations, or even their basic right to post an opinion on CAFC.

:-)
  • CatAddick said:

CL badge - A mythical talisman

Er, apart from the ones that were made...
  • How about an Administrator create a glossary of terms and cultural references which they can regularly update for the illumination of the ill-informed?

You know:

KR - Karl Robinson

etc...

Chris Parkes is the clubs fixture secretary, not a director.
    Thus proving the necessity for a glossary/encyclopaedia
  • Laundry basket - delort’s Dad - tunnel jump - customers
  • edited January 2018
    Ignore Mode: favoured by a particular museum curator and directed at CL members who have the temerity to disagree with him more than once.
  • Meh - not very good. Ingeniously and prematurely morphed by a recent poster to 'Mehvadidi'.
  • Heart and Soul of the club - the ripping out of: a catchall that can be applied to anything CAFC related from portions of chips to familial civil war over the renewal of season tickets.