Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Here's the SLP article. 4m seems very low, especially when 3.5m was apparently on the table in the summer when we would have (theoretically) had time to spend money on a replacement.

Can only hope that if he's sold he's loaned back.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/everton-ready-to-push-through-4m-deal-for-charlton-ace/
  • At £4m we'll get more than we did for Gomez allegedly :open_mouth:
  • edited January 2018
    Posted this on the 'Sale / takeover' thread but also relevant here;

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increased spend on the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
  • edited January 2018
    RedChaser said:

Posted this on the 'Sale / takeover' thread but also relevant here;

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increasd spend in the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:

If there is an upside to Konsa being sold it would be the first time I genuinely genuinely felt a sale was close-ish. That said, "closeish" would really mean any time between now and the summer as this would be Roland's attempt to asset strip before selling and he really only has three more weeks to do that.
  • 3m for Gomez was a downright giveaway - I remember saying it at the time and being shouted down.

I was not a member here at the time but I'm sorry I was nor around to back you up and shout back with you. An absolutely obscene fee for a player with the tools to be the best English footballer of his generation.
  • edited January 2018
    Maybe some of that can go to KR! RD doesn't want to pee buyers off after all. Mind you the Lookman money was supposed to go on the training ground wasn't it?
  • edited January 2018
    Mrkinski said:

Cafc will not see a penny of any transfer money. It will go on 'operating costs'. Soon we will have trouble assembling a squad on matchdays.

KR said at the presser today only likely to be 5 on the bench Saturday at Bury.
  • Sponsored links:

• The thing is, now that KM is out of the equation, its clearly RM being orchestrated.
  • The thing is, now that KM is out of the equation, its clearly RM being orchestrated.

I kind of suspect that's been the case all along.
  • edited January 2018
    For me, if I was KR, I would walk now.
    How can you do your job if all the carpets underneath you are being pulled.?
  • Maybe Muir (D) has been brought in by RD - he was a guest of RM after all. He is know as getting value for the owners in one shape or another.
  • if i was a prospective buyer id tell the old cunt in Belgium u sell anyone and not only is any deal off u pay all costs for the wasted DD
  • Then again the Everton article is just re-printing the Newsonline one. Like the Daily Record only re-printed what we said on here.

Nothing new - move along.
  • Last one out please turn out the lights.
  • Then again the Everton article is just re-printing the Newsonline one. Like the Daily Record only re-printed what we said on here.

So, does that mean Konsa isn't being sold then?
  • He wants to go and sit next to Lookman on the bench. Go figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

He wants to go and sit next to Lookman on the bench. Go figure.

At least they'll be able chat over up coming England youth games and the good old times when they were the premier league stars of the future at the Valley :wink:
  • Last one out please turn out the lights.

Wont need to, the electricity will have been cut off.
    No need - Roland will have walked off with the bulbs

( unashamed fishing for LoLs as I posted the same joke (?) on the takeover thread)
  • edited January 2018
    CatAddick said:

Last one out please turn out the lights.

Wont need to, the electricity will have been cut off.
    No need - Roland will have walked off with the bulbs

( unashamed fishing for LoLs as I posted the same joke (?) on the takeover thread)
    Go on then I'm a sucker for a sob story :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Cafc will not see a penny of any transfer money. It will go on 'operating costs'. Soon we will have trouble assembling a squad on matchdays.

And our only fit recognised CH vs Oxford was???????
  • RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Jacko?
  • if i was a prospective buyer id tell the old cunt in Belgium u sell anyone and not only is any deal off u pay all costs for the wasted DD

Which leads me to believe there is not a serious buyer lined up.
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Konsa but Bauer should be back in the squad.
  • Konsa being sold? Really?

The Blues are ‘ready’ to push through a £4 million move for Charlton defender Ezri Konsa according to South London Press.
    Everton were reportedly looking at the 20-year-old in the summer but nothing came of it, the Merseyside outfit are looking to spark a deal this January.
    The England youth international has made 68 appearances for the Addicks and would become the second Charlton youngster within 12 months to depart for the Toffees after Ademola Lookman’s £11 million transfer last year.

Wishful thinking imo.

So, does that mean Konsa isn't being sold then?
    Genuine question - no answer so far.
  • we are literally getting to watch premier league stars of tbe future, its really has been quite a unique experience