Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Sell Holmes and we might aswel shut the club down .

Alright mate, put the ovaries away. This is no time for an overieaction. :wink:

Genuinely though i'd let him go if it means we can get someone who wants to try in.
  • Dazzler21 said:

cafc4life said:

Sell Holmes and we might aswel shut the club down .

Alright mate, put the ovaries away. This is no time for an overieaction. :wink:

Genuinely though i'd let him go if it means we can get someone who wants to try in.

We will not sign anyone regardless of whether we let him go. Roland is gonna try make as much cash before he sells up at a lower price than he really wants
  • edited January 2018
    Bubble said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/everton-chances-of-landing-charltons-konsa-summed-up-by-manager/

"The idea with Ezri was always that there would be that sale and we'd get him back on loan," said Robinson. "The good thing is about this situation [takeover talk, no CEO] there's nobody here for anyone to contact about it.

"It's almost like we've got into bunkers hiding and they can't catch us."

this has made me laugh.

its becoming like the last days of Rome. just watching while the last of duchetlets regime falls all around us.
  • Time to bring back the Protests ???
  • Time to bring back the Protests ???

For what ? He’s selling anyway
  • bobcafc7 said:

Time to bring back the Protests ???

For what ? He’s selling anyway
    Getting him to get a move on and sell up a bit fu#king quicker !!
  • Ajose ain't the answer especially as Robinson only plays one up front.
    Vetokele would be a much better option.

But whatever happens I don't think we will start going forward as a club until the takeover is complete.
    Probably have to wait until next season for a serious promotion push.
  • I fear any protests now would just get Duchatelet to slow it all down to spite the fans.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I fear any protests now would just get Duchatelet to slow it all down to spite the fans.

In reality there's not a lot we can do at the moment

Other clubs, e.g. Newcastle, are in the same situation
  • Sponsored links:

• I dream of a January where we don't sell our best players.
  • KR is already saying that will maybe only taking 16 players with us to Bury on Saturday - if they sell Konsa & Holmes we soon won't be able to put a team out.

fecking idiots.
  • Konsa and Holmes have both been fairly poor for months now. Other than the obvious bodies on the pitch I really can’t see us missing them much.
  • edited January 2018
    count yourself lucky, in the sub Standard tonight he says we are struggling along with no players
  • Ajose ain't the answer especially as Robinson only plays one up front.

But whatever happens I don't think we will start going forward as a club until the takeover is complete.

In Dublin on the pre season tour all the players acted immaculately. All were dressed in CAFC training gear and were seemed proud to be in the new clobber. On the last morning I saw Ajose heading to breakfast in a purple basketball shirt. He had a swagger about him and a proper billy big bollocks look on his face. He was glad to be going out on loan and wanted to make a show of it. I lost respect for him at that point (didn't have a lot tbf. I think he's a fucking terrible footballer) - out of courtesy to his teammates he should have just been professional for another hour or two rather than make a show of himself.

That said all I needed to know about him. He is not the solution

• To see the look on Robinson's face when Ajose's name was mentioned is classic.
  • Konsa isn't all that anyway . Nowhere near Gomez level
  • With Lookman I felt Everton slightly overpaid , but his potential did justify the price tag

I know 4 million is cheap these days but I wouldn’t have Konsa near that price
  • Swisdom said:

Ajose ain't the answer especially as Robinson only plays one up front.

In Dublin on the pre season tour all the players acted immaculately. All were dressed in CAFC training gear and were seemed proud to be in the new clobber. On the last morning I saw Ajose heading to breakfast in a purple basketball shirt. He had a swagger about him and a proper billy big bollocks look on his face. He was glad to be going out on loan and wanted to make a show of it. I lost respect for him at that point (didn't have a lot tbf. I think he's a fucking terrible footballer) - out of courtesy to his teammates he should have just been professional for another hour or two rather than make a show of himself.

That said all I needed to know about him. He is not the solution

I live in Peterborough and know a lot of Posh fans. Ajose has an attitude problem and they were glad to get rid of him and laughed when he signed for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

sammy391 said:
    I think we are closed to business at the moment.

We are open to all offers for any of our players.
  • redbuttle said:

Redrobo said:

shirty5 said:
    Polite answer to a question from Robbo. Did not sound enthusiastic about the prospect to me.
    Who would be enthusiastic about him coming back.
    Opposition defence's.
  • Oggy Red said:

shirty5 said:
    Maybe Bury have already contacted Charlton and said, "Do us a favour, can't you recall him .....please?

Reaction as Bury hear rumours that Charlton want to recall "striker"
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Konsa isn't all that anyway . Nowhere near Gomez level

Konsa's a good player. Not being as good as Gomez doesn't make him a poor player. All going well Gomez should go on to be the best player we've ever produced.
    Konsa will be a good premier league player and probably go on to play 100+ games in that league.

Gomez will be an England regular who will probably go on to play 100+ champion league matches.
  • If you don't want to be here then f*ck off. Simple.

No, not simple at all.

Why don't players want to be here?

What caused that?

Who was responsible?

How can that be changed?
    Hmmmm because the club is in slow demise.

Roland's maniacal mismanagement.

Roland.

Roland.

Get rid of Roland.

(It is simple after all)

• What is Richard Murrays role in all this? it seems he has truly become Duchatelet's lap dog, nodding benignly as our sparse squad is decimated further. What little respect I had for him has now all but dissipated. So sad.
  • shirty5 said:

Redrobo said:

sammy391 said:
    I think we are closed to business at the moment.

We are open to all offers for any of our players.
    Will the last one out the gate please lock up and hand the key over to the senile Belgium dancing fool who’s ruined our club
  • redbuttle said:

Redrobo said:

shirty5 said:
    Polite answer to a question from Robbo. Did not sound enthusiastic about the prospect to me.
    Who would be enthusiastic about him coming back.
    SHOULD be an upgrade on Karlan Ahearne-Grant in my opinion

Sadly either could easily replace Magennis yet the tactics will remain the same (i.e. hoof it up to Ajose or KAG rather than trying to thread a pass) - As neither of those two can jump their efforts will look less impressive
    No way is Ajose an upgrade on KAG - imho
    Ajose was awful with us.