Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I would imagine his involvement would be to take over as manager OR Muir is using him in a consultancy role to tell him the state of the club on the pitch.

• https://amp.ft.com/content/e46add36-806f-11dd-99a9-000077b07658

This is from the FT and shows he has a track record in business of turning businesses round.
    Good article, and he seems to talk sense. But do normal business rules apply when talking about a football club? It takes blind faith to invest enough to get a club to the Premier League, rather than a sound business plan, doesn't it?
  • msomerton said:

May be it is a way for Rangers to get an EFL licence, then move us to Glasgow as Charlton rangers, this is how probable this speculation is.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlton-heading-up-to-glasgow?11823856
  • msomerton said:

May be it is a way for Rangers to get an EFL licence, then move us to Glasgow as Charlton rangers, this is how probable this speculation is.

I'd still go home and away....
  • Do they have any money behind them? If not this story is a waste of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do they have any money behind them? If not this story is a waste of time.

$64000 question, well actually a thousand times more at least :wink:
  • Donald Muir wont be pumping lots of money in. He's usually the person that gets businesses on an even keel and curtails purse strings in order to achieve that.

It may be a case of better the devil you know for this one.
  • Ex Rangers Boss Heads Consortium

McLeish was always shit in the air. Don't expect this to get very far.
  • Ex Rangers Boss Heads Consortium

I said to my wife last night “McLeish was always shit in the air”. Was amazed to see it posted here. Spooky.
  • Was this guy the boss before, during or after Rangers had all their financial troubles?
  • Donald Muir wont be pumping lots of money in. He's usually the person that gets businesses on an even keel and curtails purse strings in order to achieve that.

If only other owners of football clubs were to have this goal. ;-)

If only other owners of football clubs were to have this goal. ;-)
    Profit making is a very capitalistic venture and is extremely overrated :wink:
  • iaitch said:

Was this guy the boss before, during or after Rangers had all their financial troubles?

My
    I thought he worked for Lloyds bank who were a major creditor and demanded that he was put on the board mm
  • masicat said:

Ex Rangers Boss Heads Consortium

I said to my wife last night “McLeish was always shit in the air”. Was amazed to see it posted here. Spooky.
    @carly burn IS your wife and she is stealing your jokes!
  • edited January 2018
    Interesting that McLeish is still referred to as ex Ranger's despite managing south of the border, yet Martin O'Neil is always referred to as ex Leicester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does this mean haggis in the food outlets, and a bag pipe player at half time playing valley floyd road?
  • se9addick said:

iaitch said:

Was this guy the boss before, during or after Rangers had all their financial troubles?

My
    I thought he worked for Lloyds bank who were a major creditor and demanded that he was put on the board mm
    Correct. He also stopped the club from making any transfers during the first 24 months of his term there.

I believe he reduced the debt from £33M to £18M, when Lloyds removed themselves from the club.
    masicat said:

Ex Rangers Boss Heads Consortium

If I'd said “McLeish was always shit in the air” to my wife last she'd probably divorce me.
  • Does this mean haggis in the food outlets, and a bag pipe player at half time playing valley floyd road?

Bartram's will be renamed Balmer's
  • I wouldn't read too much into Ranger's fans bile for Muir. They would obviously hate anyone putting the brakes on their out-of-control spending and trying to stop the club teetering over the brink, going into Administration and being relegated several divisions. Shame he's not still involved with the Gers because they are heading back for more of the same due to poor financial management.

I saw a comment on twitter and jumped the gun in thinking another bunch of arseholes were on their way into the club.

Nothing has happened yet..so we'll wait and see. :smiley:

We’ve already improved Mull of Kintyre so we’re half Way there....