Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchatelet - 4 Years Of Failure

Must be coming up soon? Rolands 4 year ‘charlton Birthday’ since he took over the club, sell up, just admit defeat and move on, we are going backward at a rate of knots.

Comments

• Was completed on 3rd January 2014.
  • Utter wanker
  • He attended 2 games in 4 years.

Why on earth did he buy something that cost him lots of money....he wasn't interested in the sporting side of ....he made other people disillusioned from an emotionally attached franchise that is supposedly unbreakable.....He received a lot of bad press and a backlash that would have angered him which caused an invasion of privacy and embarrassed him.....it was not a forward thinking normal rule playing active investment.

It was trying to achieve something by thinking outside the box and being arrogant enough to say "I can change football in England" via FFP rules, but without even having a hands on approach.

What was in it for him?

I think 6 months into it, he may have realized that he was not emotionally invested in us and regretted that he may not get the return on his money that he wanted.

So he kept us and just made both parties more miserable.

It was a huge uncalculated mistake on his part.

His personal f*ck up spread its wings and affected a lot of people.

Having said that, whoever is next to fill his boots...may also be really shit it sounds like.

Are we doomed?

We need a miracle.

Someone that genuinely likes Charlton....please win a billion in the next few days.
  • 4 years is a long time.

Too long for charlton to get so f*cked.

But we are still alive and come out the other end.

We will be back
  • Hello @Dennis_inthelastmin are you the Berwick Rangers fan who wrote the excellent article in yesterday's Voice?

I follow Berwick Rangers too as my 'Scottish' team and watched them live against Meadowbank Thistle (now Livingston) at the Meadowbank Stadium c 1976. I've yet to get to a home match at Shielfield Park but hope to one day.

Why did Darren Lavery leave earlier this season? Still in his twenties and a bit of a club legend as far as I can tell from a distance. Did someone better come in for him?
  • LenGlover said:

Hello @Dennis_inthelastmin are you the Berwick Rangers fan who wrote the excellent article in yesterday's Voice?

I follow Berwick Rangers too as my 'Scottish' team and watched them live against Meadowbank Thistle (now Livingston) at the Meadowbank Stadium c 1976. I've yet to get to a home match at Shielfield Park but hope to one day.

Why did Darren Lavery leave earlier this season? Still in his twenties and a bit of a club legend as far as I can tell from a distance. Did someone better come in for him?

It is the same person but I think he’s away at present so may not see your post.
  • Up until four years ago I had no time /couldn't understand people who had second teams. Because of Roland I now follow Berwick Rangers as a second team.

I was at Middlesbrough when Roland ordered SCP to drop Hamer and play Thuram in goal and couldn't believe what I was watching. At half time I texting others who hadn't gone to say I can't believe how awful this keeper is. That was just the genesis of the Roland disaster.

Hamer has now won the Prem with Leicester.

I now watch Berwick Rangers home and away and for my own personal reasons enjoy it, and now have a second team, something I never ever thought would happen. My dad took me to Charlton as a kid, I played in the sandpit on the east terrace , this was to be my one and only club for the rest of my life - the only constant in my life. So cheers for this Roland.

Now - insert swear word

Good choice, supporting the only English team in the Scottish set up.

What grounds have you done up there?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Beat Brighton 3-2 at The Valley about a week before that. Cracking game, two goals for Lawrie Wilson. Took a Gooner and a Southampton fan with me - they had a great time, both up for coming again if they weren't watching their own sides.

I wouldn't dream of taking a guest these days, unless it was someone that I genuinely and deeply disliked.

Piss off Roland, you senile old tosser.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how much I look forward to meeting your Mexican holiday companion, @MrLargo
  • IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

Beat Brighton 3-2 at The Valley about a week before that. Cracking game, two goals for Lawrie Wilson. Took a Gooner and a Southampton fan with me - they had a great time, both up for coming again if they weren't watching their own sides.

I wouldn't dream of taking a guest these days, unless it was someone that I genuinely and deeply disliked.

Piss off Roland, you senile old tosser.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how much I look forward to meeting your Mexican holiday companion, @MrLargo
    Haha, whilst she fully deserves to sit through a Check-A-Trade Trophy match against Swansea U21s, there's no way I'm sitting next to her for 2 hours.

I might send her some videos of Karl Robinson's most memorable press conferences, that would seem like an appropriate punishment for all the sweary gangster rap she inflicted on me.
  • Feel your pain fam