Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHECKATRADE TROPHY | Charlton v Oxford United - MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Judging by the conversation coming through on the stream, I'm not sure the cameraman or his mate have ever seen a football match before.

Among other insights, one of them described our formation earlier as a 5-3-3, changing into a 3-5-3.
  • Not over the bar!
  • edited January 2018
    ross1 said:

82' Ledson shoots for the U's. It's off target and Charlton have a throw-in. #cafc

Bloody hell - he was a long way off target.
  • 83' Ledson finds Napa on the edge of the area. He steps over the ball before laying it back to Payne whose shot deflects for a corner. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC
  • 84' Charlton break through Mavdidi but Martin gets back well and the Charlton player's shot goes off him for a corner from which United break through Carroll. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC
  • Come on Charlton. Don't think I can deal with the tension of penalties...
  • didn't Oxford lose 7-0 to Wigan at home a couple of weeks back?
  • 86' End-to-end stuff as Charlton come forward and Martin makes a superb block from Marshall's shot. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC
  • 86' Close! Mavididi has a shot blocked inside the box, it falls for Marshall, he finds Reeves on the right and his effort flies off target from a tight angle. 1-1. #cafc
  • didn't Oxford lose 7-0 to Wigan at home a couple of weeks back?

7-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• why is it when accidently click I the comments box it won't clear

• Come on Charlton, don't deny us our only chance at Wembley for at least another 10 years.
  • 90' Dasilva skips down the left and crosses to the far post where Marshall heads wide. 1-1. #cafc
  • 90' Three minutes are added. 1-1. #cafc
  • Oh MARSHALL SO CLOSE
  • There's to be a minimum of 3 additional minutes for someone to find a goal before a penalty shoot-out. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC
  • Marshall should have scored.
  • ross1 said:

There's to be a minimum of 3 additional minutes for someone to find a goal before a penalty shoot-out. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC

It's like the play-off final all over again
  • 90+3' SO CLOSE! Mavididi shoots inches wide after collecting a pass from Dasilva! 1-1. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• 90+3 United with a late attack but Ledson's ball to Mehmeti finds the Albanian offside. #CAFC 1-1 #OUFC
  • The spot-kicks will be taken using the ABBA system. #cafc
  • wmcf123 said:

You just know we are going out

You feel it in your bones, don't you?

• edited January 2018
    ross1 said:

90+3' SO CLOSE! Mavididi shoots inches wide after collecting a pass from Dasilva! 1-1. #cafc

Pretty sure it was cm
  • Well now, this is interesting.
  • ross1 said:

The spot-kicks will be taken using the ABBA system. #cafc

The system where the winner t...

I can't do it
  • I have been convinced all my life that being shit is transient, good for a while, shit for a while and around it goes in a great big never ending circle... but THIS lot!
  • FT: @CAFCofficial 1-1 #OUFC. A much-improved second half from United who equalise through Wes Thomas and could have added to that before Charlton came back into it towards the end. Neither side finds the breakthrough and so we go to a penalty shoot-out.