Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Home

13»

Comments

• edited January 2018
    @scottshearerGK replaces the injured Simon Eastwood, Mike Williamson comes in for John Mousinho, Ricardinho plays instead of Dwight Tiendalli, while in midfield @alex_mowatt starts in place of Josh Ruffels, who is rested. #OUFC

Ricardinho is able to play because Football League suspensions do not count in the Checkatrade Trophy. New signing Rob Dickie is cup-tied, having played in this competition for Lincoln City. Jack Stevens, recalled from his loan with Oxford City, is on the bench. #OUFC
  • Beardface said:

Beardface said:

CHARLTON | Phillips, Dijksteel, Konsa, Jackson (c), Dasilva, Kashi, Aribo, Marshall, Ahearne-Grant, Reeves, Magennis. #cafc

Jackson at Centre Half?

If only KR had the testicular fortitude to line up slightly differently with the same players to experiment in a worthless, insulting cup...

-------------------Phillips-------------------

Dijksteel ----- Konsa ----- Da Silva

------Jackson ---------- Kashi----------

Marshall ------Aribo ------ Reeves

---------KAG ------- Magennis--------

I doubt we will find out if that would work, but what an opportunity to start developing a plan B...
    F*ck that, looks like a suicide formation to me.
    Really? It's 2xDM sitting in front of the back 3, and wide players that will drop back to defend making 7 outfield players defending, whilst still having 2 up top and a creative player behind them to link midfield and attack. The weakness is the players, play Lennon and move Konsa to the right. Or we could just do the same thing that never works over and over again - WW1 style!
    One less defensive player than we play now, we're weak defensively as it is.

3-5-2 with 3 CBs and 2 wing backs would be interesting to see, but we don't have a natural right wing back.
  • And 7 subs named as well. Blimey, KR is taking it seriously.
  • And 7 subs named as well. Blimey, KR is taking it seriously.

Bit stupid really... Moaning about how thin the squad is and like the Portsmouth game he's risking the few experienced players we have in a competition which is still less important than other events
  • Scoham said:

Beardface said:

Beardface said:

CHARLTON | Phillips, Dijksteel, Konsa, Jackson (c), Dasilva, Kashi, Aribo, Marshall, Ahearne-Grant, Reeves, Magennis. #cafc

Jackson at Centre Half?

If only KR had the testicular fortitude to line up slightly differently with the same players to experiment in a worthless, insulting cup...

I doubt we will find out if that would work, but what an opportunity to start developing a plan B...
    Really? It's 2xDM sitting in front of the back 3, and wide players that will drop back to defend making 7 outfield players defending, whilst still having 2 up top and a creative player behind them to link midfield and attack. The weakness is the players, play Lennon and move Konsa to the right. Or we could just do the same thing that never works over and over again - WW1 style!

3-5-2 with 3 CBs and 2 wing backs would be interesting to see, but we don't have a natural right wing back.
    I agree, but I think a lot of our defensive problems lie with a lack of movement beyond CM resulting in hoofing to Mag and inviting pressure on ourselves constantly. 2 up top gives us better movement and width - in theory. This would be the perfect time to try something different out!
  • Do I sign up by paying 4.55 for a month? It doesn't continuously run does it ? It's just a one off payment ?
  • Do I sign up by paying 4.55 for a month? It doesn't continuously run does it ? It's just a one off payment ?

You sign up for a month and are contractually obliged to watch all Oxford games in January.

thats fine by me, probably enjoy it more.
  • Come one then, have we kicked off yet ?

• Mr President, try the match thread.

BTW you're not MrTrump are you? :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• OTher thread for commentary we are1-0 up with a great KAG goal after 20 minutes
  • Just in case it’s not above in the thread it is on iFollow.
  • OTher thread for commentary we are1-0 up with a great KAG goal after 20 minutes

A great KAG goal ??!! Was he attempting a back pass ??
  • Oggy Red said:

Mr President, try the match thread.

BTW you're not MrTrump are you? :smile:

Ah ok thanks.
  • Scoham said:

Beardface said:

Beardface said:

Jackson at Centre Half?

To be fair most sides that play 3 at the back usually have one fullback and one winger playing the wingback roles. I'm told it's for balance. I reckon JDS and Marshall would work.
  • Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting
  • wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

Where is Magennis... He aint being dropped
  • wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

No, he is just missing.

• wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

Need Kashi in there really. Too many midfielders who want to break forwards. Either we will leave ourselves exposed or we will not see the best of JFC/Aribo. I'd rather rotate them alongside Kashi. That's if we ever get more than one player fit and available for each position.
  • wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

I've never seen him play well, due to my boycott of the 16/17 season
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Will be a bigger crowd than last one in this comp.

Can almost taste Wembley.

I’m not sure about tasting Wembley, but I can certainly smell something.
  • HarryLime said:

timken said:

what is the current record low attendance?

741 v Fulham (U21/3?) in an earlier round eclipsing the 817 against Bradford but that was at Selhurst.
    And I was there. So was Elfsborg, but he didn't enter the stadium, so it doesn't count :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:

wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS

Fosu Mavididi KAG

Could be interesting

wmcf123 said:

Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce

Marshall JFC Aribo JDS