Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 1-0 Oldham

many thanks to the 54 Lifers who gave marks, Ihave given the Assist to DaySilva as the "highlights" shows the ball going from his boot via an Oldham player to Mavididi

Comments

• Wow, thought Marshall was ok.
  • How is fosu still leading goalscorer?!! He’s been out half the season
  • JamesSeed said:

Wow, thought Marshall was ok.

Not outstanding. But he dug in and worked hard, every inch a team player.

• JamesSeed said:

He was pretty ineffective, I though he was much better in the Gillingham match, certainly in the second half
  • JamesSeed said:

He was pretty ineffective, I though he was much better in the Gillingham match, certainly in the second half
    Marshall has a very decent first touch, not easily knocked off the ball and pace to burn.
    People complain there's not much end product, but on the other hand there's very little direct service to him, and little offball movement to meet his crosses.

Against Oldham Marshall grafted, kept the shape of the team and quickly took up some decent positions.
    But by the time the ball eventually reached him, having taken half a dozen passes, he was by then invariably closed down with little space in front of him. Then, under pressure, he has to turn without momentum and with few options.

Our slow build up kills his effectiveness.

• Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

Marshall has a very decent first touch, not easily knocked off the ball and pace to burn.
    People complain there's not much end product, but on the other hand there's very little direct service to him, and little offball movement to meet his crosses.

Against Oldham Marshall grafted, kept the shape of the team and quickly took up some decent positions.
    But by the time the ball eventually reached him, having taken half a dozen passes, he was by then invariably closed down with little space in front of him. Then, under pressure, he has to turn without momentum and with few options.

Our slow build up kills his effectiveness.

Spot on. Just watched quite a bit of the Oldham match again (why why why) and I chance my opinion that he did ok. He actually had a goal bound shot blocked. A goal would do him the power of good.
    I was surprised to see that he came bottom of the match ratings tbh.