Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's up for a trip to Belgium?

Comments

• Roland has us by the throat. The result of another Belgian protest is unpredictable.
  • Roland has us by the throat. The result of another Belgian protest is unpredictable.

Agreed. A Belgian protest could be counter productive at this stage, as he might just dig his heels in to spite us.
    He wants to sell & should want to sell quite quickly, so I think we should wait for a good few weeks & see what develops.
  • Redskin said:

A protest in Belgium will neither advance nor delay a takeover.

It that a fact, or just your opinion?

The result of any protest is more or less unpredictable.

It is a moot point, but my opinion is that if a takeover hasn't happened by the end of this month, pressure should be applied in all possible ways.

A visit to Stayen would seem appropriate.
    Exactly. Wait a few weeks and see what develops, as by then due diligence will have been completed by the new party(ies) and offers should have been made.
  • If a takeover goes through in the early part of the week which is a good consortium fronted by Peter Varney which also take control of The Valley and Sparrows Lane and gives a hughe warchest to Karl to get the players he wants or they bring back Powelly with Roland completely cutting all his ties with the club then surely this Belgium trip can then just be a little holiday and a piss up in Brussels.
  • adrian said:

His last interview is very revealing. He still wants to syphon as much as he can from the sale.
    His wealth allows him to stall and prove a point. His attitude will lead to more delays so the takeover will definitely not be concluded in january.
    Whoever is sold, he will obviously not put in a single Euro for reinforcements.
    We are now very unlikely to go down, which suits him fine.
    He sold Standard only because protests had become violent. If we can put some sort of pressure on him
    he might get fed up and be less greedy.
    I enjoyed my trip last march, will gladly go again if I can be of any help.

This.

• adrian said:

His last interview is very revealing. He still wants to syphon as much as he can from the sale.
    His wealth allows him to stall and prove a point. His attitude will lead to more delays so the takeover will definitely not be concluded in january.
    He sold Standard only because protests had become violent. If we can put some sort of pressure on him

He sold Standard in the Summer of 2015, because STVV had just been promoted to the top tier, and it's forbidden to own two clubs in the same division. I believe the other clubs were due to have a meeting about it a few days after he sold.
  • I enjoyed the weekend last March too. Depending on dates I'd be up for another.
  • Hope he doesn't sell us to someone worse. And hope he doesn't retain control of the Valley and Sparrows Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• HarryLime said:

adrian said:

He sold Standard in the Summer of 2015, because STVV had just been promoted to the top tier, and it's forbidden to own two clubs in the same division. I believe the other clubs were due to have a meeting about it a few days after he sold.
    Wrong! - He'd "sold" STVV to one of his "friends" in July 2011. Although evidence suggests he still interfered in running of that club whilst at Standard, as far as the footballing authorities were concerned, this arrangement was acceptable .

Following threats of violence to him and his family, - including receiving a bullet in the post, Duchâtelet and those close to him had police protection.

He'd already engaged architects and was working on major plans to redevelop the Standard stadium Schlissen, (including a plastic pitch, hotel, retail etc.), so I think it can be reasonably accepted that it was the threats that pushed him to jettison Standard

He assumed control of STVV once again in May 2016, taking over from his buddy and fellow Open VLD member, Bart Lammens.
    I wasn’t aware of that. I’d assumed that the ‘threats of violence’ related to the video clip of some people getting into his office whilst he sat there shuffling some paper around.
  • Count me in, anything to help rid the club of this twat.
  • What again? FFS! Alright then, if I must ; )
  • Bump,

for those people I havnt responded to so far, don't worry, I've been inundated so give it til the weekend , and I will def get back to you in order that you can start to plan.
  • Hope he doesn't sell us to someone worse. And hope he doesn't retain control of the Valley and Sparrows Lane.

If he manages the first bit, you have to give him a lot of credit for doing the impossible!
  • Drove to Belgium for the protest last year. Enjoyed the weekend. Very happy to be involved again if required - subject to dates.
  • SX_Addick said:

Drove to Belgium for the protest last year. Enjoyed the weekend. Very happy to be involved again if required - subject to dates.

Good man SX - i'll PM you later today.
  • I don't quite get what the object is. The club is for sale, Roland wants out and looks set to get his wish, with 2 prospective buyers prepared to put him out of his misery. I enjoyed the last trip, which was intended to pi55 him off, and push him towards a sale. Are you worried he may change his mind?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't quite get what the object is. The club is for sale, Roland wants out and looks set to get his wish, with 2 prospective buyers prepared to put him out of his misery. I enjoyed the last trip, which was intended to pi55 him off, and push him towards a sale. Are you worried he may change his mind?

There are obviously sticking points, otherwise the sale would have happened by now. Whether it's price, the Valley, an ongoing interest or what we don't know. Any extra pressure that gets him to give in and finally sign is good for me.
  • I really don't think that now is the right time to go over there. It might make him dig his heels in.
  • For those that I havnt PM'd - apologies , I had French lessons last night and j'ai mal a la tete !.
    Nice leisurely night in tonight repeating les verbes, so , i'll get back to you all tonight.
  • For those that I havnt PM'd - apologies , I had French lessons last night and j'ai mal a la tete !.
    Nice leisurely night in tonight repeating les verbes, so , i'll get back to you all tonight.

What's French for tossas? :lol:
  • edited January 2018
    boggzy said:

For those that I havnt PM'd - apologies , I had French lessons last night and j'ai mal a la tete !.

What's French for tossas? :lol:
    Sign language works good for me mate :wink:
  • dickplumb said:

I really don't think that now is the right time to go over there. It might make him dig his heels in.

I think that when we are planning to go, if he hasn't sold by then then his heels will have already been well dug.
    My view is that he needs to understand that we aren't going away, and we will continue to make his life that little bit more uncomfortable in his home town.
    So if he has gone, you'll cancel or just go to give him one last farewell?