Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• JaShea99 said:

Did no one film this alleged conversation?

Is that a whoosh?
  • edited January 2018
    If any of us repeatedly called our boss an idiot (as is claimed he said) then suspect we'd be looking for a new job on Monday. Perhaps he did, in which case well done but I'd advise him against starting to plan when to hold the end of season dinner. Or perhaps he's looking to get the fans onside/make excuses for the dire recent form, or even embarrass (if possible) Duchatalet into opening his cheque book. The next few days may tell us which.
  • JamesSeed said:

JaShea99 said:

Did no one film this alleged conversation?

Is that a whoosh?
    No, I haven’t read the whole thread. Is there a video then?
  • mogodon said:

If any of us repeatedly called our boss an idiot (as is claimed he said) then suspect we'd be looking for a new job on Monday. Perhaps he did, in which case well done but I'd advise him against starting to plan when to hold the end of season dinner. Or perhaps he's looking to get the fans onside/make excuses for the dire recent form, or even embarrass (if possible) Duchatalet into opening his cheque book. The next few days may tell us which.

Hmmm.

Funny you should mention that, @mogodon....
  • mart77 said:
    So, 2 players he says we were planning on signing, one was another ex MK Dons player (surprise, surprise) and the other one (Cullen) is on loan at Bolton and according to KR was now going to stay there.

Is that the same Cullen who is now playing for W.Ham at Shrewsbury this afternoon ?? I wouldn't believe anything that KR says anymore. I do believe that he feels for the players & the fans, but he would be better not naming players to either the media or to fans that are currently with other teams.

I once said that it wouldn't surprise me if during a transfer window that manager/owner of Club A & manager/owner of club B concoct a story that says that a bid had been put in for player C and that the bid had been rejected. This makes the chairman A look good as it looks like he is trying to sign a player & chairman B looks good as he can say that he is resisting such a deal. KR can say anything to fans in a car park & no-one can say if it is actually true or not. For all I know KR could have rung Liverpool to see if Courtinho as available............
  • I don't know cafc999 but his name get the alarm bells ringing. We have entered a period of smoke and mirrors by Robinson and the truth in every war is the first casualty. I believe 99.9 % the messenger but for the orator to say he swore at Duchatelet sounds like Scouse talk. Would Karl jeopardize 18 month's pay off by being sacked for verbal abuse of the owner. I think not.
  • I don't know cafc999 but his name get the alarm bells ringing. We have entered a period of smoke and mirrors by Robinson and the truth in every war is the first casualty. I believe 99.9 % the messenger but for the orator to say he swore at Duchatelet sounds like Scouse talk. Would Karl jeopardize 18 month's pay off by being sacked for verbal abuse of the owner. I think not.

Duchatelet would need to prove it wouldn't he?
  • seth plum said:

I don't know cafc999 but his name get the alarm bells ringing. We have entered a period of smoke and mirrors by Robinson and the truth in every war is the first casualty. I believe 99.9 % the messenger but for the orator to say he swore at Duchatelet sounds like Scouse talk. Would Karl jeopardize 18 month's pay off by being sacked for verbal abuse of the owner. I think not.

Karl left the message on Roland's answer phone !
  • seth plum said:

I don't know cafc999 but his name get the alarm bells ringing. We have entered a period of smoke and mirrors by Robinson and the truth in every war is the first casualty. I believe 99.9 % the messenger but for the orator to say he swore at Duchatelet sounds like Scouse talk. Would Karl jeopardize 18 month's pay off by being sacked for verbal abuse of the owner. I think not.

Duchatelet would need to prove understand it wouldn't he?
    Corrected
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

The burden of ‘proof’ is ‘genuine belief based on the balance of probability’ - reliable people on here are on record as recounting the conversation. Proof as in beyond reasonable doubt is not required.

There is also (and I’ve said it before on here) the belief that the payoff is always the remainder of the contract - it isn’t. There will be a termination clause in the contract that might be for example 6 months, or indeed if it was ‘gross misconduct’ i.e. slagging off your employer in public resulting in bringing the employer into disrepute resulting in an irreparable breakdown in trust and confidence (a repudiatory breach) then the contract could be terminated with immediate effect.

Moreover, he has less than two years’ service and does not qualify for employment rights.

Probably the only reason he hasn’t been dismissed is because RD couldn't give a shit.

• se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

OK I think he looked it for some of last season and at the beginning of this season, but something has changed. All aspects of his game have suffered. To me he doesn't look like a good championship player. I'd love to be wrong, as at his best he's great!
    To be honest I agree with you, I don't think he'd cut it in the Championship.
    JBG comes to mind a bit.
  • JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

It's a shame but this is true

He didn’t swear.
  • edited January 2018
    The amount of times we have been told under this regime that deals just didn't make it over the line before the deadline closed. It is always the one that got away. Roland now has a decent excuse for not supporting the manager, but I know that even without the excuse we would have been disapointed - why - because every window is a dispointment!

What Robinson has to do now, is try to make what he has got work. It is my belief that a fit Fosu - although still raw - is as good as any player in this league. Holmes is up there too. Most league one clubs would have Magennis, even though he is not doing it at the moment. There are a few more - we just need to maximise what we have which may mean working on a style of play that suits the players we have and developing an alternative when it isn't working.
  • I’m a tad perplexed as to how ‘Gobinson’ who has been pilloried as the owners patsy has overnight become a hero of stage and screen based on claims of a few blokes in a car park .... funny old thing.
  • I think the term "found out" is becoming the new "no plan B"

Both meaningless football clichés.. Pep has only a plan A. (A+) Sean Dyche only had a plan A, which was 442 home or away until this season. The question is, if Charlton had any strikers would Robinson play two up front ? He would be a crazy fool not to in League 1. Our striker cupboard is empty so how to get our midfielders/wingers to score is the A to Z plan we should work on.

• With no Night Meire, who would tell him about it anyway?

I guess that straight after watching the Oldham game on his live feed in Belgium Duchatelet would want to rate each of the players on a scale of one to ten. He may perhaps want to add who he thinks was MOM or a short sentence like ‘much improved on last week’ or ‘this lad is beginning to grow on me’ or ‘total gash’.

He would need an outlet to do this and so would go to Charlton Life to the ‘Players’ marks’ thread, which is usually a sticky at the top of the message board. As he goes to add his comments he also sees a thread called ‘KR calls out RD’ which might well grab his attention enough for him to read.

I don’t think KR considered this when he started discussing: people I’ve called an idiot this week.
  • JonnyK said:

I’m a tad perplexed as to how ‘Gobinson’ who has been pilloried as the owners patsy has overnight become a hero of stage and screen based on claims of a few blokes in a car park .... funny old thing.

....because what those blokes failed to report was Robinson pointed at the ground and vowed to sort out the potholes before the January transfer window is done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Allegedly.
  • edited January 2018

Robinson was deflecting fans anger after our awful but lucky win by blaming the poor game on the slow take-over and lack of new players to the press. Fair enough I think. But then he goes way over the top in the car park by calling the owner an idiot! By doing this Robinson was very, very unprofessional! Why did he feel the need to gain a group fans' sympathy in the car park? I think he was also an idiot for this disclosure. Obviously Robinson's passion gets out of hand but as our well paid manager he should keep his feelings about Duchatelet to himself - even though most of us completely agree with him.

I think this conversation between Robinson and fans took place before the match.
  • One other point around this conversation between KR and fans, I do wish that Robinson would stop naming other teams players as transfer targets, it isn't very classy.
  • bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

The burden of ‘proof’ is ‘genuine belief based on the balance of probability’ - reliable people on here are on record as recounting the conversation. Proof as in beyond reasonable doubt is not required.

There is also (and I’ve said it before on here) the belief that the payoff is always the remainder of the contract - it isn’t. There will be a termination clause in the contract that might be for example 6 months, or indeed if it was ‘gross misconduct’ i.e. slagging off your employer in public resulting in bringing the employer into disrepute resulting in an irreparable breakdown in trust and confidence (a repudiatory breach) then the contract could be terminated with immediate effect.

Moreover, he has less than two years’ service and does not qualify for employment rights.

Probably the only reason he hasn’t been dismissed is because RD couldn't give a shit.

Typical is up to a year as I understand it. Sounds to me like KR would walk but is angling to achieve the same outcome with wonga in his pocket. Must be soul destroying to know you publicly bought into the liar.
  • rikofold said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Typical is up to a year as I understand it. Sounds to me like KR would walk but is angling to achieve the same outcome with wonga in his pocket. Must be soul destroying to know you publicly bought into the liar.
    Can't say he wasn't warned.
    It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people who work in football are. You would assume anyone taking a job at Charlton or doing media work on the club would do a bit of research but invariably they do not.

Listening to KR or any of the ill informed goons on Talkshite talk they seem to rely on what some mate told them. All a bit lazy...
  • Carruthers and Gleeson. How many short-arsed number tens can we shoehorn into our side and still find a place for Fosu, Maldivivi Reeves, Marshall and Holmes? Or will he rotate until he finds a version of 4-2-3-1 that works? Taxi for a fat scouser.

Gleeson is a central midfielder and Carruthers is a wide player neither are "number 10's".
  • edited January 2018