Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lennie Lawrence

Been watching Newport dump Leeds out of the cup. On the Newport bench was Lennie Lawrence, and it is a shame that he never returned to CAFC in some capacity. He would be a calming influence whilst others around him lose their heads, as seems to be the case with our current managerial incumbent. Have nothing but total respect for Lennie, especially the way he conducted himself when we were a whisker of going out of business.

Comments

• I for one would absolutely love to see him back at The Valley. Would be perfect as Director of Football.
  • I for one would absolutely love to see him back at The Valley. Would be perfect as Director of Football.

Might be second in Q behind Curbs ?
  • It's amazing that he's still involved in the game, considering he's now 70! It's interesting that he still wants to keep going, whether as a manager, DOF, assistant, coach or "consultant"
  • Our ex-players Frank Nouble and Paul Hayes featured for Newport. Leeds have a player called Grot, who was subbed.
  • Robinson could do with a bit of experience like that. I don't know why they don't make more use of Keith Peacock sometimes.
  • Been watching Newport dump Leeds out of the cup. On the Newport bench was Lennie Lawrence, and it is a shame that he never returned to CAFC in some capacity. He would be a calming influence whilst others around him lose their heads, as seems to be the case with our current managerial incumbent. Have nothing but total respect for Lennie, especially the way he conducted himself when we were a whisker of going out of business.

Lennie beating Leeds with a late winner. Just like 1987 :smile:
    Interesting night that was to say the least