Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's not going to Wembley today?

Comments

• Just as well the way we've been playing, God knows what the score would have been!!!
  • Suppose getting battered 5-0 by spurs wouldn’t of been good for morale
  • We wouldn't have been the same ball number as AFC Wimbledon if we had beat them (as it's done Alphabetically). Because they draw Spurs means nothing. Had we won the round 2 game
    I expect we would have drawn Huddersfield or Oxford. Standard stuff.

Yawn, already been proved (many,many times) that we would have had the same number and therefore played Spurs.
  • We wouldn't have been the same ball number as AFC Wimbledon if we had beat them (as it's done Alphabetically). Because they draw Spurs means nothing. Had we won the round 2 game
    I expect we would have drawn Huddersfield or Oxford. Standard stuff.

Yes we would.
  • Magennis for starters.

• Maybe we would have lost to Oldham in the rearranged fixture.
    The league is a lot more important than a cup run.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Maybe we would have lost to Oldham in the rearranged fixture.

We're not talking about a Cup 'run' we're talking about a day out at Wenbley.
  • PopIcon said:

Maybe we would have lost to Oldham in the rearranged fixture.

We're not talking about a Cup 'run' we're talking about a day out at Wenbley.
    3 games in the same cup, is a cup run.
  • edited January 2018
    Spurs would field a weakened team and our players would have a great experience. The fans would have a jolly up, and as a L1 team, we would have expected nothing.

Sometimes, the experience is worth much more than the result. Our support base deserves a day out like that.

To say that the League is a lot more important than a day out at Wembley is a typical,laughable, Charlton fan response- especially after our last 9 'performances'.
  • The story of a Charlton fan, ifs and what ifs...
  • Ha ha. Your turn for a grilling now PopIcon. You need to get your point spot on if you're going to post on this thread!!

Don’t take it personally Eddie.
  • Bit of a kick in the nuts that one, at least we can concentrate on a mid table finish, and another season wasted in league one.
  • Think positive, we can still get to Wembley twice this season.

We can but we won’t.
  • Think positive, we can still get to Wembley twice this season.

We can but we won’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish we were there today fucking hate the bstds who have fkd our club

TBF if they hadn't have fkd us up so much we wouldn't have been playing Wimbledon in the 2nd round and therefore probably wouldn't have been drawn away to Spurs!
  • I am still annoyed, it would have been a fun day for us fans, a day we all deserve after the last few years of absolute soul destroying nonsense from our great club.
  • Doubt I would have got a ticket anyway.
    Not a season ticket holder, no purchase history, not valley gold.
    We took about 6/7k to poxy Fulham for gods sake.
  • Could be a tough game for West ‘Am.
  • MrOneLung said:

Doubt I would have got a ticket anyway.

Everyone would have been fine for a ticket, as they would have had to give us at least 13,500 tickets and likely would have offered us more as I can't imagine us being a big enough draw that the Spurs fans would have sold out the rest.

Lol, didn't hear you moaning yesterday when you was eating his French Fancies. ;)
  • MrOneLung said:

Doubt I would have got a ticket anyway.

No idea how many tickets Wimbledon were allocated but Spurs ones went on general sale despite tickets only being £10 so i'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to go would've got one