Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• Shrew said:

SDAddick said:

Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character

Didn't clap the fans either when substituted.
    To be fair he had a pretty nasty collision with someone a few minutes earlier.

His form has dipped drastically over the last couple months. Obviously he's not the only one, and he hasn't had the quality around him with all the injuries. But maybe his head had been turned? I don't know I don't know how things like transfer offers or takeover rumors effect players.
    Also before the last couple of games if anything he was trying too hard, getting lots of possession and then wasting it, perhaps he's been told to get less involved but make it count (only it isn't working yet..)
    Yeah a good point, he was trying to do too much and sort of ended up doing nothing.

I don't know. I certainly trust AFKA and his multiple sources. I just wouldn't necessarily take this one snap shot as an indication that he's leaving. I also think if he thought a move was imminent that he'd have the decency to make sure he went around to clap the fans one last time.
  • Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character

Didn't clap the fans either when substituted.
    He took a knock and probably just wanted to get off the pitch & rest up.
    Yes, he got clattered quite badly near the end and looked quite groggy
  • Yes, I'm sure he just wanted to get treatment. He doesn't hide and if he tries to do too much himself when the team isn't clicking, that is a credit to him.
  • Yes, I'm sure he just wanted to get treatment. He doesn't hide and if he tries to do too much himself when the team isn't clicking, that is a credit to him.

He put in a real shift today and looked like he gave a shit. Wasn’t his best game by a long way, but he put everything into it.
  • MrLargo said:

“You're coming in at 8am and not leaving until 9pm. I met four agents last night - it’s just relentless at the moment.

“Everyone who’s phoned me up, I’ve told them we’re not trading at the moment.”

If we're not trading at the moment then what an earth is the point in meeting 4 agents on a Friday evening?!
    ... In the hopes that a takeover goes through?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

KR also alluded that all of the squad got told before Christmas that RD was selling and since then form has dropped off.

Slightly confused by this point. Why would form drop off because RD is selling? That makes no sense, surely most of the players would be delighted at the prospect of new owners, a few decent signings and a better atmosphere in the crowd
    I’m not so sure. It’s obvious Robinson isn’t a happy bunny and is very frustrated by not being able to sign his targets. That’s got to filter through to the players and I expect JJ and LB are equally concerned.

It’s a downward spiral once form drops and it’s obvious to everyone that the ship is currently rudderless. The club is in stasis and the situation needs resolving very soon otherwise it might well result in us looking over our shoulders which is ridiculous.

• edited January 2018

cafc999 said:

KR also alluded that all of the squad got told before Christmas that RD was selling and since then form has dropped off.

Slightly confused by this point. Why would form drop off because RD is selling? That makes no sense, surely most of the players would be delighted at the prospect of new owners, a few decent signings and a better atmosphere in the crowd
    Not necessarily.

New owners could mean a new manager who wants his own players so the current players could be dropped or sold.

Personally I think KR is using that as an excuse.
    He has the best excuse with the number of injuries we have suffered recently. It would be in the players interest to get a better calibre of player in as they no doubt have promotion bonuses in their contracts. Historically we have seen players drop there form to get managers sacked not because of a takeover and if they are playing poorly who would buy them?
  • cafc999 said:

I’m not so sure. It’s obvious Robinson isn’t a happy bunny and is very frustrated by not being able to sign his targets. That’s got to filter through to the players and I expect JJ and LB are equally concerned.

It’s a downward spiral once form drops and it’s obvious to everyone that the ship is currently rudderless. The club is in stasis and the situation needs resolving very soon otherwise it might well result in us looking over our shoulders which is ridiculous.

KR is frustrated because of the lack of takeover. If it had happened in December, he's probably be able to get a few signings quickly over the line now

The thing I don't agree with is that the prospect of the takeover caused the problem in the first place. If RD hadn't put the club up for sale, would he instead have given KR money to sign players in January? It's somewhat unlikely....
  • edited January 2018

Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

Remember at the time he gleefully joined he told us...

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
    Unfortunately he hadn’t spent the previous three years on CL reading all about it.
  • edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

Remember at the time he gleefully joined he told us...

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
    Unfortunately he hasn’t spent the last three years on CL reading all about it.
    A simple google search or a chat to any of his media mates may have get him fairly well informed what he was walking into
  • How much did we all know about Wednesday’s predicament before the Owl opened up on here!?!

Not the same situ of course, but I think it’s a bit unrealistic to think he’d completely delve into fan issues/concerns before taking a job.

And I’m sure they here bitching from players and mangers about x clubs all the time do possibly take it with a pinch of salt, esp when you need a job and the club fits the bill.

If I was taking a job, particularly manager of the football team, I'd make it my business to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

How much did we all know about Wednesday’s predicament before the Owl opened up on here!?!

Not the same situ of course, but I think it’s a bit unrealistic to think he’d completely delve into fan issues/concerns before taking a job.

And I’m sure they here bitching from players and mangers about x clubs all the time do possibly take it with a pinch of salt, esp when you need a job and the club fits the bill.

If I was taking a job, particularly manager of the football team, I'd make it my business to know.
    I think if you watch the interview when he joined the club he done his research and openly admits that.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

How much did we all know about Wednesday’s predicament before the Owl opened up on here!?!

I think if you watch the interview when he joined the club he done his research and openly admits that.
    Can't really moan now then, can he?
    Haven’t seen him moaning in the previous 13 months have you? Think he is an ambitious manager who wants to go up and is frustrated at the timing of everything
  • edited January 2018

ROLAND OUT
    Robinson OUT

We need a fresh start with all the smt gone

This 100%. Get rid of the whole fucking lot of them and start again. This long drawn out 'death by takeover' is really really pissing me off.
    Are you serious?

The takeover is what we've all been wanting for so long now. We've just learned that Roland does want to sell the club. It surely doesn't come as a surprise to you but it takes time to complete a multi million pound transaction.

You need to get real.

In a few months Roly will be gone. In the words of the great ex coach "be patient".

Ffs.
  • Slightly confused by this point. Why would form drop off because RD is selling? That makes no sense, surely most of the players would be delighted at the prospect of new owners, a few decent signings and a better atmosphere in the crowd

Not necessarily.

New owners could mean a new manager who wants his own players so the current players could be dropped or sold.

Personally I think KR is using that as an excuse.

Agreed, Robinson certainly knows he's off IMO, one way or the other.

Pretty sure players like Holmes, Kashi, JFC would welcome new funding and additions, others like Marshall and Lennon will know their playing time would be gone.

For the record, I believe Robinson has earnt a few months with some money (if that were to be the case) as he's certainly the best we have had for some time.