Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• Talking his way to a nice payoff

My thoughts exactly.
  • well, winning games is the best way to secure your future - it may be futile, it may not be, but it's all you can do. And whilst he is here, we want him to win as many games as he can.
  • cafc999 said:

KR also said that he wouldn't be suprised if Holmes was sold.

This was all before the match

Ive now heard something on Holmes potentially going three times today from different angles
    This would be a hammer blow for me. Over the last year and a half I’ve really taken to him

I think he can play at a higher level and things probably haven’t worked out as he wanted, so wouldn’t surprise me if he now wanted out
  • cafc999 said:

Ive now heard something on Holmes potentially going three times today from different angles
    Oh bollox.

• seth plum said:

Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

No way will accept managers post under RD a coach yes but manager no way
  • Been quiet in here of late. Been reading everyone's thoughts and opinions and I haven't a clue where we are in terms of a takeover.

When KR was appointed I wasn't a fan. I'm still not in terms of his tactics and occasional boorishness.

But. If he has said all this today then good on him. I think it's great to hear such things from 'the horse's mouth'.

I respect him a little bit more after this.
  • Loose cannon that is ill equipped of what's known as an inside voice.

Good result today though

Overall I like him and hope he is long term.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

I wouldn't blame Holmes for pushing a move to Sheff Utd if they came in for him again, considering they're overachieving in the Championship.
  • Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

Remember at the time he gleefully joined he told us...

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
  • Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character
  • Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
    Oh dear...
  • Oakster said:

"A little bit....."

• Oakster said:

I would say whoosh but don't want any more people threatening to come round my house
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Duchatelet isn't going to sack him. He wants to sell, presumably has very little interest in what's going on at the club and definitely won't be up for incurring any unnecessary additional expenses by signing new players or sacking gobby managers.

If Robinson really did have any bollocks then he would have gone ballistic at the end of the last transfer window when, amidst rumours of signing Will Grigg and Matt Godden, we allowed Novak to leave and replaced him with Dodoo. He didn't though.

Now he's in a situation where the existing owner wouldn't sack him if he found him in bed with his missus whilst the new owner, whoever that may be, is highly likely to sack him. Step forward Robbo the fan's hero, standing up to our terrible owner.

It's meaningless. You signed up to work for the second worst football chairman in the country, bit late to start whining about it now.

This!
  • Thing is with a takeover why would RD have committed to any transfers, surely these were speculative targets in that sense?
  • Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character

Didn't clap the fans either when substituted.
  • ‘Unhappy camp’ is seeping out of every pore

There appears to be a lot of finger pointing in the side rather than players looking after their own game.

I mentioned on the match thread how Lennon had a right go at Magennis in the first half - when the forward moaned at the ball given to him, Lennon's response was words to the effect "why don't you fxxxxxx move then!".

In the second half Konsa and Marshall were having a running battle with each other - Marshall wanted the ball early and Konsa was saying that Marshall wasn't creating any space.

Team Mag and Team Konsa.

Did he not join in with the huddle ?? I wasn't looking at who exactly was in it but I stayed & clapped them off after the huddle & looked like the full squad to me.

• T_C_E said:

Oakster said:

I would say whoosh but don't want any more people threatening to come round my house
    Just get one of the staff to pull up the drawbridge Henry. ;)
    Good idea
  • edited January 2018

Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character

To be fair he had a pretty nasty collision with someone a few minutes earlier.

His form has dipped drastically over the last couple months. Obviously he's not the only one, and he hasn't had the quality around him with all the injuries. But maybe his head had been turned? I don't know I don't know how things like transfer offers or takeover rumors effect players.

All that said, it's worth remembering that Roland tried to sell everything that wasn't nailed down before he sold Standard.
  • SDAddick said:

Holmes was straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Thought it was a bit out of character

To be fair he had a pretty nasty collision with someone a few minutes earlier.

His form has dipped drastically over the last couple months. Obviously he's not the only one, and he hasn't had the quality around him with all the injuries. But maybe his head had been turned? I don't know I don't know how things like transfer offers or takeover rumors effect players.
    Also before the last couple of games if anything he was trying too hard, getting lots of possession and then wasting it, perhaps he's been told to get less involved but make it count (only it isn't working yet..)

He took a knock and probably just wanted to get off the pitch & rest up.