Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oldham - Match Thread

Afternoon everyone, trains are running today for once so currently looping round the Slade Green area of natural beauty where strangely enough we’ve just passed lambs and ostriches milling around a disused ice cream van.

Anyhow, today feels like a potential season-defining game despite its low key build up. A win and the downturn is arrested and we can start looking at the play-offs more positively, a defeat and, well, you struggle to think where the next win will come from.

Team new when it comes

Come on you reds!!

Comments

• edited January 2018

Thanks AFKA
  • Good to see Mav starting. Didn’t expect that. Hopes slightly raised.
  • Few changes there
  • edited January 2018
  • Ahearne-Grant should be ahead of Magennis
    Sarr should be ahead of Lennon

Happy with that else.
  • How the fuck Lennon is playing ahead of Sarr I'll never know, bloke has the turming circle of an oil tanker and the pace of a tectonic plate ffs
  • I knew he’d leave Sarr out on the basis of the poor second goal last week.... I can’t believe that more people didn’t mention it afterwards. I also couldn’t believe that every predicted lineup included him. I honestly want Sarr to do well, but it’s the right decision to leave him out today. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• @ross1 if you are going to post an image link, click on the monitor square with the green picture first and then paste your link in there. Will show better
  • ross1 said:

Gonna be interesting to see that No.24 - Fane today... Sounds like he changed the game when he briefly came on
  • edited January 2018

@ross1 if you are going to post an image link, click on the monitor square with the green picture first and then paste your link in there. Will show better

Thanks for the advice AFKA, but afraid, I do not know what you are talking about. What is the monitor square and green picture? Sussed it
  • edited January 2018

ross1 said:

Gonna be interesting to see that No.24 - Fane today... Sounds like he changed the game when he briefly came on
    If that's the fella who came on after 20 mins up there and started roughing everybody up he came in contact with someone needs to let him have a reducer early doors :naughty: . Trouble is who's our enforcer???
  • edited January 2018
  • I make Kashi the 7th captain we've used this year.

Jacko, Solly, Pearce, Bauer, Holmes, JFC, Kashi.

And that's just the league. I'm pretty sure we used Konsa/Aribo/one of the academy kids in the league cup or checked shirt.
  • Team looks good on paper. And that's where we've gone wrong all season, thinking we were going to be in the playoffs!
  • Wonder which one of Mag or Mav are shoved out wide. No chance is he playing 2 up top.
  • edited January 2018
    Exceptionally quiet walking up Floyd Road at 2PM.

Hopefully, we can get an early goal and get on the front foot, personally think KAG deserved to start.
  • Team looks good on paper. And that's where we've gone wrong all season, thinking we were going to be in the playoffs!

I remember before Christmas, when most players were fit and we all agreed what a good team and strong bench, and I think we lost, sorry cannot remember game, but thought to myself, if this is our best squad I do not hope we get any injuries. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know if this is going to be on iFollow?
  • After watching us play pompy and Gillingham I can't be arsed to go today.
    Hopefully we will get 6 points against Oldham and Bury and I will come to the Walsall full of fresh enthusiasm.
    Unfortunately I can't see it happening.
  • After 19 minutes, N/ton 1 Southend 0

And that's just the league. I'm pretty sure we used Konsa/Aribo/one of the academy kids in the league cup or checked shirt.

I think Aribo was captain against Fulham in Checkatrade Trophy.
  • edited January 2018

After watching us play pompy and Gillingham I can't be arsed to go today.
    Hopefully we will get 6 points against Oldham and Bury and I will come to the Walsall full of fresh enthusiasm.

Sorry to hear that mate anyway you can suffer on here with us exiles instead. If we win of course it was your fault all along so you'll be barred from going indefinitely :wink:
  • Bought Fane on last year's fifa and he was very good. No I'm not Tommy D!
  • N/ton1 Southend 1
  • Wild 'orses
  • After watching us play pompy and Gillingham I can't be arsed to go today.

Likewise. @Len\'s_little_girl and I are still getting over this bug and feel too drained to travel having returned to work.

Getting old I guess. Wouldn't have stopped me in the past.

I think Aribo was captain against Fulham in Checkatrade Trophy.
    That was it. Not sure it really counts but technically 8 captains used this season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!