Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£300m not enough

Undoubtedly my dramatically reduced interest in football in the last few years is heavily correlated with Charlton's demise.

But when you hear Mourinho complain that the £300m he's spent at Man U is not enough football makes itself difficult to like.

Comments

• I can’t believe I’m about to defend Mourinho but in full context I believe he meant in comparison to Manchester City.
  • I can’t believe I’m about to defend Mourinho but in full context I believe he meant in comparison to Manchester City.

Last 5 year gross spend:
    Man Utd: £612m
    Man City: £724m
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    I watched Oxford v Leeds from 80/81 MOTD on BT sport this morning and even felt a bit nostalgic for the hooligansim of the Leeds fans watching it (well maybe not quite that)! Things move on and football has improved in many areas and money is a positive until it becomes as stupid as it is now - It has reached that point now and my love for it has died a little. I suspect there is no going back. What is incredibly sad is that Mourinho is right - in the context of the top flight game today.
  • IdleHans said:

I can’t believe I’m about to defend Mourinho but in full context I believe he meant in comparison to Manchester City.

I'm not interested in context, I just want to moan at the madness of the modern world.

Though I think you're right. He pissed me off far more at chelsea, though in his defence (I cant believe I'm doing this) it was the arse-kissing media hanging on his every utterance that annoyed me the most, and I think he played them for idiots.
    I don’t disagree with modern football being mad.

But it’s important
    JiMMy 85 said:

I can’t believe I’m about to defend Mourinho but in full context I believe he meant in comparison to Manchester City.

Last 5 year gross spend:
    You’ve done the selective Man City stats before. Why the last 5 years and not since a trillionaire bought them?

I won’t detract from the original point of the thread, as I agree with that point completely.

Unfortunately tolerating Mourinho and the Barcelona’s whinging is going to be a necessary evil whilst state sponsored transfers at Man City and PSG are allowed unchecked.
  • Curtis Woodhouse has it right about José when he called him Big Sam with a cheque book.
  • To me, football was finished when Thaksin Shinawatra was considered a fit and proper person by the FA.
  • IdleHans said:

I'm not interested in context, I just want to moan at the madness of the modern world.

Though I think you're right. He pissed me off far more at chelsea, though in his defence (I cant believe I'm doing this) it was the arse-kissing media hanging on his every utterance that annoyed me the most, and I think he played them for idiots.
    I don’t disagree with modern football being mad.

But it’s important
    JiMMy 85 said:

Last 5 year gross spend:
    You’ve done the selective Man City stats before. Why the last 5 years and not since a trillionaire bought them?

Cos I’ve got an image on a what’s app group and don’t care enough beyond looking at that. You can work it out if you like.
  • I watched Oxford v Leeds from 80/81 MOTD on BT sport this morning and even felt a bit nostalgic for the hooligansim of the Leeds fans watching it (well maybe not quite that)! Things move on and football has improved in many areas and money is a positive until it becomes as stupid as it is now - It has reached that point now and my love for it has died a little. I suspect there is no going back. What is incredibly sad is that Mourinho is right - in the context of the top flight game today.

My love for the game overall died a long time ago.

If I didn’t continue to have a love for Charlton then I doubt I would even bother checking the scores. Even then my love for Charlton is not about football, if that makes sense.

I have the misfortune of living with a Premier League club on a daily basis and all it does is prove to me that the game is rotten to the core.

• To me, football was finished when Roland Duchatelet was considered a fit and proper person by the FA.

*sad face*
  • How much did Leicester spend when they won the title just two seasons ago? According to the link below £54.4m. Still crazy money I know but not quite what Mourinho is going on about.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2803406/leicester-squad-cost-compared-man-city-spurs-arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• The reason why he is butt hurt is because he is ultra competitive along with lacking a tiny bit of class...like sir Alex and wenger.

They are all mad. I don't think you can be squeaky clean and as passionate at the same time in the top flight of this game.

Mourinhos man united are so far behind Manchester city in quite a number of ways, I don't think any amount of money would change that at the moment.

He needs to just concentrate on building a more resilient team.

In the end, you create your own luck.
  • #againstmodernfootball
  • Whilst the comment is ridiculous and insulting to most fans, it's just been announced that Liverpool will pay £75m for CB Virgil Van Dijk, and suddenly it puts Mourinho's comments into perspective.
  • One Virgil van-dick or about 26 Joe Gomez's's's, go on Daisy do the maths :bawling:
  • Undoubtedly my dramatically reduced interest in football in the last few years is heavily correlated with Charlton's demise.

But when you hear Mourinho complain that the £300m he's spent at Man U is not enough football makes itself difficult to like.

I’ve historically been a Mourinho fan...but he’s been getting on my Erthas more and more since he’s been at United.

This latest little rant however makes him sound like an utter, utter prick.
    I always liked him but since his second spell at Chelsea he’s been a pain in the arse. The truth is if you gave him 3000 million he’d still produce a dull team.
  • edited December 2017
    "You're not special anymore, you're not special anymore" ..........He should avoid interviews after games have finished for a while until he comes back down to earth and joins everyone else in the real world and accepts the fact that he is not what he thinks he is. Can't stand the way he publicly slags off players such as Luke Shaw when he had just come back from a really bad injury and Mourinho slagged him off to the whole world.

He hasn't built that squad from scratch. He has added to it with £300m worth of signings. That makes his statement even more absurd.

Never liked him and his me, me, me attitude and I am so special arrogance. Wake up Jose, you've been sussed. You ain't special anymore!
  • Beardface said:

Whilst the comment is ridiculous and insulting to most fans, it's just been announced that Liverpool will pay £75m for CB Virgil Van Dijk, and suddenly it puts Mourinho's comments into perspective.

Celtic to receive £6m from the move as a result of a sell on cause.
  • 75 million well spent
    Instant hero