Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• i know FM can be quite realistic, but how is this for spooky, i'm currently playing right now as you do, and this is currently happening in my game.....
  • CAFCDAZ said:

i know FM can be quite realistic, but how is this for spooky, i'm currently playing right now as you do, and this is currently happening in my game.....

You say realistic.

But it says Duchatlet is worried that it might hurt the club with a lack of transfer activity, like he cares lol
  • MrOneLung said:

I must be a right saddo in that I read this thread yet dont even play the game.

Is the iPhone version worth playing or is it all a bit too small and fiddly to bother with?

I play FMH(on amdroid) its good and enjoyable, this year they even added a number of reserve players.
    A coupple of things
    1-Maximum 30 years
    2-40 Players max first team squad and 40 in reserves(80) is more than enough
    Is that the one that costs £9 in playstore? Can you play it without spending any more money?
  • CAFCDAZ said:

i know FM can be quite realistic, but how is this for spooky, i'm currently playing right now as you do, and this is currently happening in my game.....

You say realistic.

But it says Duchatlet is worried that it might hurt the club with a lack of transfer activity, like he cares lol
    good point, i retract my previous comment! ;)
  • Uboat said:

MrOneLung said:

Is the iPhone version worth playing or is it all a bit too small and fiddly to bother with?

I play FMH(on amdroid) its good and enjoyable, this year they even added a number of reserve players.
    A coupple of things
    1-Maximum 30 years
    2-40 Players max first team squad and 40 in reserves(80) is more than enough
    Is that the one that costs £9 in playstore? Can you play it without spending any more money?
    Yeah FMM18

You can play without spending money
    The only things u can buy is
    1-Become Unsackable
    2-Editor
    3-have a gold coaching badge
    4-get your son in the game
    5-1 board request accecpted
    6-all the challanges if you dont play actual game
  • MrOneLung said:

Kills a bit of time on the train tbf. You travel on south eastern right? - You could probably squeeze a full season in on the way home!!!!

• Got sacked. What now? Anyone else been sacked? Applied for these jobs, not getting anywhere.
  • Ended up winning the title on 110 points, 25 points clear of MK Dons in 2nd. W33, D11, L2 with a GD of 57. I also won the Checkatrade Trophy so a nice double for the season.

Liverpool won the Premier League and Brentford won the Championship.

Now planning for life back in the Championship!
  • Something isn’t right about this game. Magennis has 9 in 6, beat Brentford 2nd round of the league cup and won all 9 games.

I should’ve been a manager in real life lol
  • Sponsored links:

• DiscoCAFC said:

Something isn’t right about this game. Magennis has 9 in 6, beat Brentford 2nd round of the league cup and won all 9 games.

I should’ve been a manager in real life lol

Started again, got mousset on loan from Bournemouth and I’m in jan and he’s already got 23 goals in the season, magennis has 18 for the season. Just sold konsa to Leicester for 3 mil up front and some add ons.
  • edited January 2018

Shamir Vernon you got something to say to me? Show yourself.

I like to think that the FM version me got a real talking to from @ElfsborgAddick before I got sacked.

Would also back myself to get into a RoJo "If you don't like it, don't f***ing come" spat with fans at some point as the pressure gets too much. Go out as a real villain.

Shamir would be getting an uncomplementary, merlot-fuelled, late night Twitter response - that's for sure.
  • edited January 2018
    Ross said:

Ended up winning the title on 110 points, 25 points clear of MK Dons in 2nd. W33, D11, L2 with a GD of 57. I also won the Checkatrade Trophy so a nice double for the season.

Liverpool won the Premier League and Brentford won the Championship.

Now planning for life back in the Championship!

Havent actually played this of late, but he has ridiculous goalscoring stats in mine. Think its in Feb and has over 30 goals will need to at least finish the season. Bought on my phone as easier to play, this thread has given me a nudge to play maybe on lunch :)

Edit- not sure why i have quoted you Ross was meant for Magdennis
  • Ross said:

Sunderland came in for Konsa for £3m back in January, which I rejected as I gave him a new contract which included a £6m release clause.

He then got arsey with me because I rejected the offer. YOU'VE GOT A MINIMUM RELEASE FEE WHICH HASN'T BEEN MET!!!!

Thankfully I asked Solly to speak to him and he backed down!

Chris Solly, Solly, He's only 5ft3 hes better than John Terry, Chris Solly.....Solly lol
  • Just started my second season, and the first back in the Championship.

Lennon, Kashi and Turnbull all left when their contracts expired, plus a few yougsters. Akpom, DaSilva and Amos returned to their parent clubs, and I also managed to sell Ajose, Vetokele and Clarke. Phillips, Dijksteel and KAG have gone out on loan. I've brought in the following players:

Matt Macey (Arsenal GK) - free
    Mark Bunn (Aston Villa GK) - free
    Oscar Threlkeld (Plymouth RB) - £300k
    Harry Toffolo (Norwich LB) - free
    Tom Naylor (Burton DM/MC) - £250k
    Liam Henderson (Celtic MC/AMC) - free
    David Cotterill (Birmingham RW) - free
    Alex Jones (Bradford ST) - £350K
    Liam Mandeville (Doncaster ST) - £975k

Won my first 5 pre-season games but lost the final 2 (Sparta Prague 4-3 and Red Bull Leipzig 1-0). Won my first league game 2-1 against Fleetwood and my league cup game 4-0 against Stevenage. Liam Mandeville has 3 in 2 for me so is proving a good signing so far (15 finishing and 13 composure).

I thought I had enough money to buy a winger and send Holmes packing, but then I found out that nearly all my players had promotion wage rises of between 10-25%, so that knackered my wage bill, and I've had to adjust my transfer budget to sort it. Now we're in a financial crisis apparently, even though I'm under my wage budget (just), but we are £4m in debt. Fingers crossed no one leaves as I'm seeing 0% of transfer revenue made available!
  • Very much addicted atm, I've never really played fm just fifa career and it's so much more in depth. Bet the missus wished she never told her mum fm was on my Christmas list.

Signed Gleeson for 120k, Matt Godden for 240k and Kieffer Moore for 63k. Won the league with a ton of draws, my whole back 4 made TOTY. When the title was won there was Charlton fans on social media saying how they were bored of the football etc. So far heading into the Championship I've picked up Zelalem on a free, DaSilva back on loan, George Byers for 125k with add ons, Phillip Kohn 30k and Tyler Forbes on a free.

• Should be starting a new file tonight as I just aint had the time to crack on with it!
  • Godden’s stats? Is he a decent goalscorer in the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Godden’s stats? Is he a decent goalscorer in the game?

27 goals last season, he was out injured for 2-3 months as well, so far in the championship he's had 5 goals 10 played. 3 star rating overall atm, I play him as a lone striker in a 4231
  • I know this is a bit of shameful plugging but I thought it was apt to post. This is an article I did on the how a Charlton takeover falling through made me despair with its possible realism.

https://t.co/I913PATy2N
  • Lost the fa cup semi final on pens against Newcastle. That’s after beating Watford and Man City (who played their reserves essentially) to make it there. Fosu and best combined for an incredible last minute counter attack in extra time equaliser. Literally went mental at my desk at home. I think Leon best may always be a legend in my mind for that goal.

Rob Elliott saved too many pens though.

Just about to wrap up the league one title against Blackburn at home, who are now managed by.. Chris Powell. Bit of a fairytale that!
  • Also waiting on a consortium of businessmen to take over after a local businessman deal fell through. Anyone else get a consortium takeover and how much money did you get in the transfer kitty?
  • Gave me sweet fa
  • Oh dear....

Oh no not Bury :wink:
  • Oh dear....

Oh no not Bury :wink:
    They were top but the mighty Magennis put a stop to that!
  • Just before Roland fucked off he reduced my share of transfer income down to 0%, first thing I asked the new owner was to increase it, but it only goes up in 15% increments! Missed out on a couple of signings whilst waiting. Signed chuks aneke from mk dons, gonna retrain as a centre forward as he’s strong etc and play as a number 10 next to lys mousset who I’ve got on loan for another season along with jay da silva and Callum gribbin who completely transformed the team into a league winning side.
  • So, then.

If you fancy yourself at Football Manager, the company I work for are putting on a Football Manager competition to be played at the UK's biggest gaming festival Insomnia62. This takes place in Birmingham at the end of March.

There is a prize pool of £25,000 and to be the assistant manager of Norwich City Legends against Inter Milan legends on the 20th May. Stars on show could include Zanetti, Materazzi, Figo and Crespo.

Register your interest on the link below and we will select 64 players to battle it out:

http://fmwec.com/