Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation?

I would not rule it out..

Comments

• We are 9th after 25 matches now and were 11th after 25 last year, from a tweet I saw somewhere here yesterday. It got a little scary towards the end last year until we hit than win streak to finish out.

That said, I agree that it is extraordinarily unlikely. Anyone know the current odds?
  • 80/1 to be relegated
    14/1 to be promoted
  • Stupid post really. So you are saying we will not pick up 12 points in half a season? Bury who are bottom have 17!!

If we get relegated (excluding point deduction) I will get a tattoo of Roland on my bum

Since the 28th of October we have managed one league win.
    We don't look like scoring, we are as leaky as a Bangladeshis roof in monsoon season and half our xi are injured.
  • Whilst I don't think its likely, I would say its more likely that we will get involved in a relegation scrap than we will be getting into the play offs - seeing as we are 11 points off 5th & there are a number of teams looking at getting 6th spot.
  • 80/1 to be relegated
    14/1 to be promoted

That's what they are today, but presumably they've been moving in the wrong direction?
  • Extremely unlikely, need around 10 points for safety, 21 games to go so under 0.5 a game i'm sure we'll manage.

But as @ricky_otto says, Play Off's is a bigger concern, probably need to at least double our 37 points so at least 1.75 a game which doesn't look likely. the alternative is win 17-18 games of the last 21 and we might just sneak automatic.....
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

I would not rule it out..

get a grip
  • edited January 2018
    I'm fairly confident that we will finish higher in the league and with more points than last season.

I knows it nothing to shout home about but reckon we will definitely be in the top 12.
  • I'm fairly confident that we will finish higher in the league and with more points than last season.

I knows it nothing to shout home about but reckon we will definitely be in the top 12.

and so we bloody should be imo we have one of the 6 best sqauds ( when fit ) in the league we are underperforming massively is that a coaching issue?
  • I'm fairly confident that we will finish higher in the league and with more points than last season.

and so we bloody should be imo we have one of the 6 best sqauds ( when fit ) in the league we are underperforming massively is that a coaching issue?
    It’s an owner issue
  • Next two games are easily winnable so the six points we will get will put us back near the pack,easy.
  • edited January 2018
    doronron said:

Next two games are easily winnable so the six points we will get will put us back near the pack,easy.

If we fail to get three or four points from the next two homes I would start to be concerned. Lose one and draw one and the bell will start ringing. Much will depend on our January signings and exits too......
  • doronron said:

Next two games are easily winnable so the six points we will get will put us back near the pack,easy.

Which was also said about the games against Gillingham & Southend.

• If the January games pan out like the December games, it could be a bit of a worry.
  • January signings? I like your optimism!
  • Sponsored links:

• As things stand, I think we'll just moulder away like last season, pick up 2-3 wins and some draws which will probably be enough to finish mid table.

If Bauer, Pearce and Fosu came back we might do something - a few results, the confidence comes back and who knows.
  • If only someone had mentioned back in the summer that our squad was paper thin and that we were massively susceptible to injuries and suspensions.

Oh, wait...
  • We wont get relegated. We may not get play offs but certainly wont go down.
  • We’ll laugh at this thread when we are at Wembley in May....

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Theatre-Tickets/Shows-and-Awards/Harlem-Globetrotters-Tickets/E-2243164

Tickets going fast.
  • We'll laugh at this thread when we're not at Wembley on Sunday.

want to put money on it ?

want to put money on it ?
    Already pledged £20 to the upbeats if we get relegated, plus another £20 if Mavididi gets a season ending injury early on or is outscored by KAG from now until the end of the season.
  • Will be tight....too late for new owners to make impact...but will just about stay up
  • I think it's unlikely, but if we continue in the same vein of not being ble to score goals and leaking goals easily then we could find ourselves in a bit of a scramble towards the end of the season.
    As they say, there is always one team that has a disastrous run - why couldnt it be us?