Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

DA9DA9
edited August 2018 in General Charlton
Club just tweeted

End of season loan

Comments

• Given up already?
  • Given up already?

Lol, edited
  • Didn’t see that coming,
  • Where is scarfy and could they not take a photograph with his face in it?
  • Redrobo said:

Where is scarfy and could they not take a photograph with his face in it?

Scarfy is being saved for the takeover
  • Championship here we come
  • Pretty happy with this especially as we've got it done very quickly. I didn't see him play last season for us, but the majority rated him in the limited games he played. Shame he pulled his hamstring only 5 games in.
    Judging by a quick glance of Preston's forum they don't rate him, seem to think he's too raw etc. However a 19 year old lad from London living in a hotel up north apparently with not much game time, then it doesn't seem too surprising the loan was not successful. He should be more settled here and can play anywhere across the front four, and crucially he can't be any worse than Reeves can he?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't mind Mavididi, and if we had more options up top and he was being brought in just to offer some different options and back up I would be happy.

However we are down to the bare bones and can't expect a 19 year with limited experience to lead the line.
  • edited January 2018
    The issue will be if he has to play and doesn't play well - When we have Fosu back he will have to fit in somewhere unless Robinson changes his approach! But definitely worth a punt. We have increasingly less to lose.
  • Mavididi didi dum didi doo!
  • Welcome back Stephy.
  • That is an optimistic hashtag
  • Good to see him back. Had something about him last time. Certainly an upgrade on Dodoo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Meh-vididi
  • edited January 2018
    Seriously though gives us more depth but feels more like a signing that'll help secure a mid table finish, rather than push us into the top 6 (or beyond).

Would love to be proven wrong but I see him doing a decent job in a few positions. Not convinced he'll be the main striker and go on a scoring run.

Robinson wanted a replacement for Clarke and a couple of strikers. Which one is Mavididi? More likely he'll cover 2 or even all 3 of those players we required.
  • In itself I’m more than happy with the signing but ultimately him alone is unlikely to turn the season around which is ultimately what we need and I have a feeling he’s all we’re gonna get unless the takeover happens quickly. Who is even negotiating now with KM gone? I imagine this deal would’ve been easy to sort with us already having him once but anything more complicated surely we’d be stuck.
  • similar to KAG, a winger more than a striker. still don't mind him being back just a shame he hasn't scored a first team goal.

think Hanlan is coming back as well in mid Jan? who at least has scored a goal.

unlikely that either are going to help us improve on a mid table finish but at least its gives more options.
  • Scoham said:

Seriously though gives us more depth but feels more like a signing that'll help secure a mid table finish, rather than push us into the top 6 (or beyond).

Would love to be proven wrong but I see him doing a decent job in a few positions. Not convinced he'll be the main striker and go on a scoring run.

Robinson wanted a replacement for Clarke and a couple of strikers. Which one is Mavididi? More likely he'll cover 2 or even all 3 of those players we required.

I don't think we need him to be the one to fire us to the Championship. Hopefully that signing is still to come (won't hold my breath), but what I think Madvididi offers is pace and directness with the ball that I'm not sure we have elsewhere, with maybe the exception of KAG. The fact that he can play up front or wide is, to me, an asset. And going on the little bits I saw of him last season he could make for a great impact sub.

If he is iur only signing, then yes that's a huge problem. But right now, I think he adds a bit of depth and a bit of quality. Low risk, high reward, and the type of signing I was hoping for in the summer.
  • It's an extra body up top, and in the current climate we aren't likely to do much better. Hope the lad does well.
  • That's the replacement for Clarke sorted. Who's the next one in on loan?