Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options

londonowl said:

Last time I read Owlstalk, when we last played them, they couldn't stand us, and were unsympathetic, to say the least, about the damage Roland and his former niece were doing to our club. So as far as I'm concerned she's gone now, end of story. History.

Like all forums, we have idiots. Anyone who cares about football doesn’t want to see any club being run into the ground. Even Sheffield United!

But yes, it is end of story. I only kept posting because some people seem genuinely interested.
    Do keep posting mate. I genuinely will be fascinated to learn first hand how this plays out at your club.
    Me too.
  • Options
    Ditto.
  • Options

Cheers for the heads up about all of this lads. I can't believe how quickly things have turned from a dream into a nightmare for us. Just at the end of last season I was still confident about our chances of getting to the Prem. The chairman could do no wrong. However, the summer was a disaster and the start of a slippery slope. Now this. Even on the pitch we've turned into a shambles. A whole medical team sacked in the summer as we had too many injuries last season then now we have 12+ first team players injured. The chairman has had enough of the mild criticism and has blamed the fans for pretty much everything including his best mate Carlos leaving even though Swansea have had him tapped up for over 12 months. Now the chairman seems to blame us and has employed a the best person to exercise this blame on the fans.

Ahh well it's only a game.

What do you feel was the turning point?
    Hard to say but it had a lot to do with the fact our squad was crying out for a change of manager and tactics. The whole summer was a miserable play off hangover. If you had watched us at all in the play off final of 2015 and semis of 2016 we play very slow, possession football. Sit back and soak up pressure. A lot of fans wanted Carlos to go but Chansiri showed incredible loyalty to him. The fans were surprised and shocked to see we had not signed anyone else but more old, expensive crocks and the team got older, slower and more expensive to add t our huge squad. Our recruitment in the summer was a shambles. We only had 2 centre backs until August because apparently we'd assessed 200 targets and none were good enough for us. Then there's the George Hirst scandal. The son of our legend David Hirst plays in our academy and has been scoring for fun and looks like one of the biggest talents we've produced for decades, now at 18 years old he should be ready to make the step up but he seems to have picked up a 3rd party agent which Chansiri hates. He demanded more wages and so now we've practically frozen him out and refuse to play him at all, even when we have injury problems. Yet we refuse to sell him too. The chairman will happily freeze out players. Foresteri was never going to be sold ever. We'd have put him in our academy. We haven't sold a single key player to refresh the squad in 3 years, the squad is stagnant and Chansiri refuses to sell anyone. They're like prisoners if they want to leave and it's demotivated the whole playing squad who don't look arsed anymore. Well the ones that are fit. Maybe he now has a women in that will happily sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheers for the heads up about all of this lads. I can't believe how quickly things have turned from a dream into a nightmare for us. Just at the end of last season I was still confident about our chances of getting to the Prem. The chairman could do no wrong. However, the summer was a disaster and the start of a slippery slope. Now this. Even on the pitch we've turned into a shambles. A whole medical team sacked in the summer as we had too many injuries last season then now we have 12+ first team players injured. The chairman has had enough of the mild criticism and has blamed the fans for pretty much everything including his best mate Carlos leaving even though Swansea have had him tapped up for over 12 months. Now the chairman seems to blame us and has employed a the best person to exercise this blame on the fans.

How do you mean about Carlos being tapped up by Swansea for the last 12-mths, didnt your Chairman sack him or do you think it was partly because he was fed up with Swansea?

Swansea wanted Carlos last year before they got Clement but we were doing well so were happy he stayed. Chansiri and Carlos were big mates. Carlos left by mutual consent he wasn't sacked, pretty clear now that it's because he had the Swansea job lined up. The worst thing is the Chairman pretty much blamed the fans for this stating that Carlos was welcome back anytime he wanted. It's been this fan blaming agenda from the club all year now. The last few months of carlos has been blame blame blame from the chairman and from him towards the fans as if we aren't pulling our weight when we are the ones spending top dollar to watch actual shiteball. So... Chansiri thinks we are evil fans.

It's the opposite of Meire with you in many ways. I wonder if our next manager will be treated with so much loyalty and patience after spending £35m+ on an ageing, boring, slow team that is scared to attack.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

What do you feel was the turning point?
    Hard to say but it had a lot to do with the fact our squad was crying out for a change of manager and tactics. The whole summer was a miserable play off hangover. If you had watched us at all in the play off final of 2015 and semis of 2016 we play very slow, possession football. Sit back and soak up pressure. A lot of fans wanted Carlos to go but Chansiri showed incredible loyalty to him. The fans were surprised and shocked to see we had not signed anyone else but more old, expensive crocks and the team got older, slower and more expensive to add t our huge squad. Our recruitment in the summer was a shambles. We only had 2 centre backs until August because apparently we'd assessed 200 targets and none were good enough for us. Then there's the George Hirst scandal. The son of our legend David Hirst plays in our academy and has been scoring for fun and looks like one of the biggest talents we've produced for decades, now at 18 years old he should be ready to make the step up but he seems to have picked up a 3rd party agent which Chansiri hates. He demanded more wages and so now we've practically frozen him out and refuse to play him at all, even when we have injury problems. Yet we refuse to sell him too. The chairman will happily freeze out players. Foresteri was never going to be sold ever. We'd have put him in our academy. We haven't sold a single key player to refresh the squad in 3 years, the squad is stagnant and Chansiri refuses to sell anyone. They're like prisoners if they want to leave and it's demotivated the whole playing squad who don't look arsed anymore. Well the ones that are fit. Maybe he now has a women in that will happily sell.
    Chansiri won't sell your best players? I know just the Co to sort that out!
    He thinks players are classic cars and you have to stock pile them up in a garage. She might turn it into a forecourt.
  • Options
    There is a wider aspect to this, namely KM's role at the FA.

Having moved to another EFL club she will presumably keep her seat on the FA Council, and hence on the FA Membership Committee, where hopefully she can do little harm. But we all know
    1. She is a very ambitious lady with a taste for the limelight
    2. By this autumn, the FA must have appointed 3 females to its board - so far it has 2 women, Rupinder Bains and Kate Tinsley http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/who-we-are/structure

I am sure that all football lovers, no matter which team they follow, are longing for improved leadership from the top.
    Our experience at CAFC of the incompetence of Katrien Meire means I will have an on-going interest in her career, currently at SWFC, until such time I feel confident she will play no significant role in the governance of the sport.
  • Options
    londonowl said:

londonowl , KM was held in such high esteem we even made a T-shirt in her honour. We have a few left so if you want one inbox me and I will send you one so you can spread the word

I love that but in time honoured fashion, I will give her the benefit of the doubt for now. She has no chances for me at Wednesday though. She's used them all up elsewhere. First sign of nonsense I will be having a reprint of those t-shirts done.
    That was our first mistake. When she and Roland turned up we all rolled over and had our tummies tickled.
    We were warned by Standard supporters what would happen but we refused to believe anyone would want to do what they said.
    I've only met her once, at a chosen few type supporters meeting. I found she was very selective with her answers and very good a defecting questions. Also found her to be quite pleasant in this meeting, which I wished she hadn't been. But she did study at UCL amongst other places so that makes her 10X more intelligent than me.
  • Options
    londonowl said:

londonowl , KM was held in such high esteem we even made a T-shirt in her honour. We have a few left so if you want one inbox me and I will send you one so you can spread the word

I love that but in time honoured fashion, I will give her the benefit of the doubt for now. She has no chances for me at Wednesday though. She's used them all up elsewhere. First sign of nonsense I will be having a reprint of those t-shirts done.
    Best get your order in now mate
  • Options
    Didn't someone say that hanging in her office was a sign that read 'Never apologise, never explain' or something like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Didn't someone say that hanging in her office was a sign that read 'Never apologise, never explain' or something like that?

That's because she could do neither
  • Options
    Greenie said:

That was a mantra that an old boss of mine used to use that I probably quoted as suiting her and RD at some point? That's not to say that she didn't have a sign saying that.
  • Options

brewery, arrange, piss, in, up, a, couldn't, a

Re-arrange this words to describe a South Yorkshire club.
    Is the answer Leeds?
  • Options

brewery, arrange, piss, in, up, a, couldn't, a

Re-arrange this words to describe a South Yorkshire club.
    It's started quicker than usual - *Opens popcorn*
  • Options
    Amazing.