Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin O'Connor

The Preston defender was bought an Irish lottery ticket by his uncle for Xmas.

Won €1m on the millionaire raffle!!

Bet he wasn't in training for 7am...

Comments

• The irony is he probably couldn't even afford to buy himself.
  • How would you feel if you bought someone else a Lottery ticket and they won a big prize like that? I'd be completely and utterly gutted, in fact I'd probably try and get it back! It's a really stupid thing to do.
  • I do it regularly. It's a quick cheapskate present when required. And always take a note of the numbers in case it goes missing en route, or in case the person in question should choose not to publicise their winnings
  • Should give him half.
  • I do it regularly. It's a quick cheapskate present when required. And always take a note of the numbers in case it goes missing en route, or in case the person in question should choose not to publicise their winnings

You're playing with fire mate!
  • I don't know about all Lotteries but if you win big (£10k plus) on UK Lotto or €uromillions on a ticket bought in a shop etc then you need to provide details of when and where you bought the ticket. This is stop people finding tickets in the street or stealing them etc. So if you do buy someone a winning ticket don't give them the purchase details!
  • edited January 2018
    Love it... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-42548339

He said he had "no immediate plans" for the money

Bet its like receiving £10 from your Nan on your Birthday... No rush to spend it, get on with life as normal

Although surprised his Uncle isn't the one far right going by his expression
  • It's a million pound ffs, he's not Eden Hazard is he.
    Still life changing and probably will help him relax and enjoy his football for the rest of his playing days without fear of paying a mortgage.

Good for him.