Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best or Messi? (Robinson Quote)

'Besty is an unreal player, I think everyone has seen that since he's been here.'

Comments

• He looked classy for all of four minutes today. Of course, he'll possibly never play pro football again
  • Well I voted him my MOTM.
  • edited January 2018
    KR really liked to transfer in players with a history of injuries. And then is shocked... shocked... when they get injured.

Best, who has not managed to bit fit enough to play more than 15 matches in a season since 2012.

Reeves, who can't seem to go a season his whole career without missing 10-20 matches.

Dodoo, who missed something like 2 months just last year at Rangers.
  • Not often that I defend Robinson but Best's injury looked to me as just a footballing one. I didn't get a good look as I'm sat in the East Stand, but it seemed to me that Best clashed with the keeper as he was trying to get a shot off. Anyone in the north able to confirm or give their views ??
  • I imagine we might transfer in less injury prone players if we weren't run by RD
  • Not often that I defend Robinson but Best's injury looked to me as just a footballing one. I didn't get a good look as I'm sat in the East Stand, but it seemed to me that Best clashed with the keeper as he was trying to get a shot off. Anyone in the north able to confirm or give their views ??

Yes. It wasn’t as if he pulled a muscle when by himself
  • It looked to me as if he pulled something when he stretched to make a shot, not sure the keeper touched him though was close as defending his post. Their keeper is massive, the other players looked like little boys standing near to him.
  • It looked to me as if he pulled something when he stretched to make a shot, not sure the keeper touched him though was close as defending his post. Their keeper is massive, the other players looked like little boys standing near to him.

Yes, also not entirely sure the keeper touched Best. He seemed to go down very heavily into the pitch on one knee as he got the shot away.

Yes, also not entirely sure the keeper touched Best. He seemed to go down very heavily into the pitch on one knee as he got the shot away.
    I think the defender crunched him just as
    he got the shot away. Robinson reckons anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul, so should have been a pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    My mate took a pic at the precise moment Best's game ended...

• You’ve got to feel for him. That looks a nasty one

However he was in his younger days, I expect he’s now at an age where he realises he’s on the downhill part of his career, just wants to get a run under his belt

Probably won’t see him in a Charlton shirt again
  • cabbles said:

You’ve got to feel for him. That looks a nasty one

However he was in his younger days, I expect he’s now at an age where he realises he’s on the downhill part of his career, just wants to get a run under his belt

Probably won’t see him in a Charlton shirt again

Seeing as we are unlikely to be signing anyone else I expect him to be given a contract to the end of the season.