Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

We had 2 threads
1 was being used for Charlton
1 for non Charlton

The non Charlton has now beeen overtaken by Charlton news.

So as your regular thread starter, I thought I would start a non Charlton Transfer thread for confirmed deals.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Virgil Van Dijk-Southampton to Liverpool-£75 million

Adrien Silva-Sporting to Leicester-£22 million
  • Louis Moult- Motherwell to Preston-£500,000
  • Terence Kongolo-Monaco to Huddersfield-loan

Paddy Madden-Scunny to Fleetwood-undisclosed

Curtis Main-Portsmouth to Motherwell-Undisclosed

Billy Bodin-Bristol Rovers to Preston-Undisclosed

Peter Clarke-Oldham to Bury-Loan

Connor Ronan-Wolves to Pompy-Loan

Rafael Mir-Vslrncia to Wolves-Undisclosed
  • Portsmouth scored getting Connor Ronan, attacking midfielder from Wolves, on a loan. He is 19 but has made several appearances and got good reviews. The best academy player they have and most Wolves fans see him as a future captain. Darn, he would have added some nice depth, here. Even Kevin De Bruyne is impressed by him after Ronan did well against ManC in the League Cup.
  • Terence Kongolo-Monaco to Huddersfield-loan

Paddy Madden-Scunny to Fleetwood-undisclosed

Curtis Main-Portsmouth to Motherwell-Undisclosed

Billy Bodin-Bristol Rovers to Preston-Undisclosed

Peter Clarke-Oldham to Bury-Loan

Connor Ronan-Wolves to Pompy-Loan

Rafael Mir-Vslrncia to Wolves-Undisclosed

So much for us signing Bodin!!!
  • Ross Barkeley set to join Chelsea for £15m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42574404

Strange signing, Is Barkley any better than RLC?

Different style of player - some managers foolishly change their tactics sometimes. Everyone knows it's a fool's move, but they do it anyway.
  • Chelsea have a desperate lack of English or "local" players, and lets face it £15m is a potential bargain
  • Sponsored links:

• Bradford City have confirmed the League One club have made a "substantial" bid to sign Ipswich Town striker Kieffer Moore.
  • Substantial in Bradford is a tinny of 4X and a packet of fags. 20 deck mind, not one of the pathetic 10 decks.

Who the heck is RLC?
  • iaitch said:

Ruben Loftus Cheek, I had to look that one up.

Thanks.
  • Buffoon (Any) to Charlton undisclosed.
  • Connor Ripley has joined Bury on loan from Middlesbrough, g/k played for Oldham last season was good against us.
  • Connor Ripley has joined Bury on loan from Middlesbrough, g/k played for Oldham last season was good against us.

Man of match performance guaranteed next Saturday then.

Neither are great tbh - both mid/lower table mediocrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Ross Barkeley set to join Chelsea for £15m

Neither are great tbh - both mid/lower table mediocrity.
    I dream of those days... I'd take a 13th place premier league finish every season quite happily... so long as every now and then we got a 7th placed finish.
  • Jamie Walker of Hearts in talks with Wigan.
  • Jamie Walker of Hearts in talks with Wigan.

I was kinda thinking he would be nice for us.
  • They would probably not get that much money in the summer. Tough call, because they could now possible drop from top4, but I think one has to take the money and run, here.
  • edited January 2018
    Is it just me who thinks,
    £142 million for Coutinho

Go to Wenger and say we will give you £50 million for an out of contract Sanchez,
    great replacement it would be

Edit:sorry for my yoda impression on that last line
  • Is it just me who think,
    £142 million for Coutinho

Go to Wenger and say we will give you £50 million for an out of contract Sanchez, great replacement it would be

Wise words Yoda
  • Even in the crazy current market that football is, it’s actually a very good deal for Liverpool. They get £142mil for Coutinho, yes the lose a vital player midway through the season, but they could easily go out and get 3 top class players to help them overall.

Add Keita to them next season and whoever else they get in, they could be a better team from this, if spent wisely.
  • edited January 2018
    Hmmm, I don't see how getting another striker solves the loss of the PL's best midfielder for Liverpool.

At age 29, Sanchez is no spring chicken and why pay £50M for someone just a few months away from becoming a "free?" I have not heard any rumors about a transfer with him, so people are not beating down Arsenal's door for Alexis. 7 goals in 19matches in 2017-18 is okay but not mind-blowing.
  • edited January 2018

Hmmm, I don't see how getting another striker solves the loss of the PL's best midfielder for Liverpool.

At age 29, Sanchez is no spring chicken and why pay £50M for someone just a few months away from becoming a "free?" I have not heard any rumors about a transfer with him, so people are not beating down Arsenal's door for Alexis. 7 goals in 19matches in 2017-18 is okay but not mind-blowing.

Sanchez can play CAM
    Go 4-2-3-1
    Salah-Sanchez-Mane
    Firmino
    Sounds good to me.

Man City been linked with him,
    If liverpool wait till summer chances are the will be up against a few other clubs.

They have the money, get the deal done before City do, it will please the fans and Arsenal get a decent amount for someone they are about to lose for free
    Win Win