Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January transfer window

Comments

• Moore is a 6ft 3 target man.....really don't think he is the player KR is referring to when he says tomorrow's loan signing can play out wide etc.

Isn't Aneke also 6'3" and KR knows him? I thought I heard his name bandied about as well.
  • Mavadidi? A signing to get the pulses racing and us climbing the league, not.

This window will be like all the windows under RD, a disaster.
  • Moore is a 6ft 3 target man.....really don't think he is the player KR is referring to when he says tomorrow's loan signing can play out wide etc.

Isn't Aneke also 6'3" and KR knows him? I thought I heard his name bandied about as well.
    It's not permanent, but a loan. I suspect we would only sign Aneke if Robbo was given significant funds during the window.
  • I feel underwhelmed by Mavididi.
  • Mavadidi? A signing to get the pulses racing and us climbing the league, not.

This window will be like all the windows under RD, a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsIgy9yqNCA
  • edited January 2018
    FAVADDICK said:

Moore ??

@FAVADDICK Kieffer Moore Ipswich, been on loan at Rotherham this season scored 13 in 20.
  • Mavididi
    Been on the bench for preston recently not even on bench today

Not been getting gametime so Wenger wont be happy
    Preston just signed Moult so even less likely to play now.

Think its guarented to be him, TBH i liked him he had pace and looked decent until his injury then we lost him
  • must be Mavadidi as bullshit Robbo says he's proven at this level.
  • edited January 2018
    R Cawley on twitter saying its Mavididi. Hardly proven at this level, hardly going to excite the fans
  • Sponsored links:

• #cafc set to sign Stephy Mavididi on loan from Arsenal tomorrow - second loan stint for the 19-year-old at The Valley https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-agree-loan-deal-for-arsenal-striker/
  • edited January 2018
    Was he any good first time round at Charlton,I never got to see him play?
  • Was he any good first time round at Charlton,I never got to see him play?

In my opinion no.

He has potential. He is certainly not 'proven'.

Hope KAG is still given opportunities as well. Gutted about Best because in his recent cameos he looked dangerous. Unfortunately, his injuries probably have now ended his spell with us.
  • edited January 2018
    Mavididi is not going to be to many fans liking but I'm not sure how he can be judged on 5 appearances only two three of which he started and the last one of those he had the season ending injury at the Valley. I saw him in that game and in his cameo at Rochdale away and thought he was ok. However I saw DoDoo make his debut at Oldham and score what turned out to be the winner and first impressions were good but can be misleading :open_mouth: .

If we are realistic it's unlikely RD is going to splash the cash and resign ourselves to a youth loan signing from a Prem team or two (the young Belgian winger at Palarse also linked). Whether his injury has affected his ability I don't know but obviously he hasn't done enough to get much game time at Preston which doesn't auger well but let's give the lad a chance before he is written off.
  • RedChaser said:

Mavididi is not going to be to many fans liking but I'm not sure how he can be judged on 5 appearances only two of which he started and the last one of those he had the season ending injury at the Valley. I saw him in that game and in his cameo at Rochdale away and thought he was ok. However I saw DoDoo make his debut at Oldham and score what turned out to be the winner and first impressions were good but can be misleading :open_mouth: .

If we are realistic it's unlikely RD is going to splash the cash and resign ourselves to a youth loan signing from Prem team. Whether his injury has affected his ability I don't know but obviously he hasn't done enough to get much game time at Preston which doesn't auger well but let's give the lad a chance before he is written off.

I think what I find strange is that if it is Mavididi, the comment from Robinson saying that the player is proven at this level and how Robinson has regularly spoken about our need for a goalscorer. To me Mavididi is neither of these things!
  • edited January 2018
    mart77 said:

RedChaser said:

Mavididi is not going to be to many fans liking but I'm not sure how he can be judged on 5 appearances only two of which he started and the last one of those he had the season ending injury at the Valley. I saw him in that game and in his cameo at Rochdale away and thought he was ok. However I saw DoDoo make his debut at Oldham and score what turned out to be the winner and first impressions were good but can be misleading :open_mouth: .

If we are realistic it's unlikely RD is going to splash the cash and resign ourselves to a youth loan signing from Prem team. Whether his injury has affected his ability I don't know but obviously he hasn't done enough to get much game time at Preston which doesn't auger well but let's give the lad a chance before he is written off.

I think what I find strange is that if it is Mavididi, the comment from Robinson saying that the player is proven at this level and how Robinson has regularly spoken about our need for a goalscorer. To me Mavididi is neither of these things!
    I couldn't agree more but our esteemed manager has a habbit of spouting off (bullshitting) now and again and the goalposts have since moved behind the scenes I expect.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    iamdan said:

Yeah but he nearly scored a goal at Rochdale though.

He did and changed the momentum of the game in our favour, you would agree with that wouldn't you?

Edit: and he was man of the match in the Statbank :wink:
  • Didnt Robinson say that if we sign a Striker he wants it to be someone who can score 20-goals not just in League One but the Championship too.

That obviously aint gonna be Mavididi

Nor am I confident that he (like Ahearne-Grant) can lead the line in a 4-2-3-1 formation on his own
  • Don't worry about what KR said FA you have take all that stuff with a pinch of salt, it's all about able bodies now :wink:.
  • If its Mavadidi then Robinsons a big fat liar & needs to leave NOW. He has said on a couple of occasions recently that the signing would be "on form" and scoring regularly.

Not just underwhelmed but fucking furious.
  • Didnt Robinson say that if we sign a Striker he wants it to be someone who can score 20-goals not just in League One but the Championship too.

What kind of crack is he on?

Any 20-goal strikers, even in League Two, can write their ticket straight to The Championship and bypass League One, altogether. Ask the last two L2 strikers who lit up the division, Ollie Watkins and Keemar Roofe.

I can't even think of a single striker rumored as available this window who scored 20 last year in ANY league other than Godden.

In my opinion no.

Good thing that's just your opinion then, the kid showed tremendous potential. Hopefully he steps up to the plate

• He was interviewed less than 24 hours ago, the player he described is not the Arsenal loanee. Not that I mind him returning at all, he looked to have potential and pace a plenty but he’s far from proven at this or any level and is not the goal scorer we so desperately need.
  • Redrobo said:

Who said this is the in form striker that Robbo was talking about?

Surely this is the young player on loan from a Premiership club that was talked about?

I think some knickers need untwisting.

Exactly, so we’ll see who comes in this week, KR said he’d be in and training by Thursday hopefully, you know the player proven at this level, fingers crossed.