Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer news: Charlton Athletic boss Karl Robinson has had 'clear and precise talks' with RD

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
Charlton Athletic boss Karl Robinson has insisted his transfer plans have not been affected amid the club's takeover talks.

After the 0-0 draw at Wigan Athletic on Friday night, Robinson told Sky Sports there will not be any disruption in terms of his proposed transfer activity as far as he is concerned.

After the announcement of CEO Katrien Meire's resignation, owner Roland Duchatelet confirmed he is speaking to interested parties about selling the club.

Charlton Athletic team 'only focused on the next game' says player/coach amid takeover talks

This seemed to throw Robinson's transfer plans into doubt but the manager said: "I have had clear and precise discussions and that doesn't change [transfer targets].

Comments

• Believe it when I see it. We also have to hope Konsa and Holmes remain Charlton players by February regardless of ownership.
  • edited December 2017
    Article title is very misleading
  • KR; "I need two strikers, a replacement for Konsa and one for Holmes, if you are selling him too and anyone else who is sold."
    RD; "Is there snow in London yet?"
  • I wonder if those clear and precise discussions contained rather a lot of the words fuck and off.
  • shirty5 said:

Vetokele, Ajose and Ceballos

Excellent!
  • Karl has never had a clear and precise discussion in his life. And for the avoidance of doubt, I quite line him.
  • Karl has never had a clear and precise discussion in his life. And for the avoidance of doubt, I quite line him.

Well that’s a lie
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Ceballos was sold, so he won't be coming back.

• dickplumb said:

shirty5 said:

Ceballos was sold, so he won't be coming back.

Whooosh
  • Can I be the first to welcome back roger, Diego and christophe
  • Duchatelet is all about the tidy. Vetekele to return, particularly as he no longer owns St Truiden. The new owners (STTV) may not wish to fork out on the wages, or Charlton need a striker & it is easier / cheaper to shift playing assets around whilst the takeover is sorted out.