Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Too euphoric too soon. He's still here.

He's still here.

We don't know when he's going or, importantly IMHO, if he's going to retain some interest in the Valley.

I'll be the first to drink the pubs of SE7 dry of white wine when he's gone BUT he's not gone.

ROLAND OUT AND COMPLETELY OUT

Comments

• Same as not imminent
  • edited December 2017
    Yeah I'm 100% with you on this.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who have been on the ground fighting this fight against the regime for more than two years now. You all, we all, deserve a win, even if it's symbolic. I do not begrudge anyone their joy.

But for me, being a cynic, I'm not quite ready to celebrate anything. And moreso, I am worried about going into our most important January in years without a CEO or CFO (because I think that whatever power was localized will revert back to Belgium, and RD is both lazy and stingy when it comes to this club). Obviously KM was not good at her job, but in himself, I think Roland might have found the one man in the organization who could do worse.

I also worry that there are worse owners out there than Roland. I don't want to relitigate this debate, just to say that I will welcome new owners with cautious and perhaps slightly skeptical joy.
  • He's still here.

We don't know when he's going or, importantly IMHO, if he's going to retain some interest in the Valley.

I'll be the first to drink the pubs of SE7 dry of white wine when he's gone BUT he's not gone.

that's what she said
  • He's still here.

that's what she said
    Not humorous
    Not witty
    Totally unnecessary comment, which does you no credit at all @paulie8290
  • N01R4M said:

He's still here.

that's what she said
    Not humorous
    Not witty
    Totally unnecessary comment, which does you no credit at all @paulie8290
    Oh no I shall hang my head in shame
  • Sponsored links:

• We have known for a while that he intends to sell us, but that his price is unrealistic considering the damage he has done. The news is positive as the CEO is jumping ship, because we are about to be sold - in the regime's own words. What we have to do is work out exactly what stage the sale is at. If Duchatelet's unrealistic price is still an issue we have to put continued pressure on him. Money he is losing by owning the club ought to be putting pressure on him too.
  • We have known for a while that he intends to sell us, but that his price is unrealistic considering the damage he has done. The news is positive as the CEO is jumping ship, because we are about to be sold - in the regime's own words. What we have to do is work out exactly what stage the sale is at. If Duchatelet's unrealistic price is still an issue we have to put continued pressure on him. Money he is losing by owning the club ought to be putting pressure on him too.

I think he’s created his own pressure with the statements. Everybody now expects him to sell, even those who were sceptics or claimed it was a made-up story to sell fanzines.
  • Do the pubs of SE7 serve white wine?
  • edited December 2017

We have known for a while that he intends to sell us, but that his price is unrealistic considering the damage he has done. The news is positive as the CEO is jumping ship, because we are about to be sold - in the regime's own words. What we have to do is work out exactly what stage the sale is at. If Duchatelet's unrealistic price is still an issue we have to put continued pressure on him. Money he is losing by owning the club ought to be putting pressure on him too.

I think he’s created his own pressure with the statements. Everybody now expects him to sell, even those who were sceptics or claimed it was a made-up story to sell fanzines.
    Yes, if a sale was not imminent, it would seem a foolish statement to make. I would be more reassured were it not for the fact that most of his statements seem foolish.
  • I do believe it is the dawn of what we want to happen.

Roland is out....but not out out.

Completely right to not feel too excited and I admit, I was prematurely feeling the hype.
  • He is an impulsive (wont type the word). We need to find the right buttons to push where he just says sod it and does the deal. It seems to me that actions in St Truiden have really peed him off and he might need to be aware there is more to come. Embaressing him in his own backyard has led to him blatantly lying on Belgian TV to make himself look good and us bad so it has to effect him. If a price has been agreed and it is a question of completing due dilligence - fair enough, but if not, potential buyers can lose patience.

The balance is that our fight is with this plonker and not the good people of StTruiden so it is important to keep them on board throughout.
  • edited December 2017
    Each and everyone of us have been put inside an almighty pressure cooker that’s ready to blow its safety valve at any moment.
    It’s little wonder we are grasping at anything and everything to just believe that the moment has almost arrived.
    I am an impatient person by nature.....and not meaning to over dramatise the situation but these last few months have without doubt had a toll on my well being in various ways, whereas I really do need to be as relaxed and calm as possible.
    Fat chance.....get real SoundAs you dozy Old sod.......no ifs buts or maybe’s, you’ve supported the most basket case club in the country for the last 60years., WTF do you expect fella!
  • edited December 2017
    Beats me what all the worry is about, it’s not like we think the club is nowhere near being sold and we are being told there is no more money for the January transfer window (because the shit would really hit the fan then I guess and KM would no doubt bear the brunt of it as CEO as she attends the games. I guess the cynical would say the smart play then would be for KM to move on pdq and blame the takeover process coinciding with the January window but that’s obviously a load of bollox and that scenario can be instantly dismissed because we’ve been told there are interested parties and the takeover is near and KM’s got another job to go to and we can all trust what we are told or speculated upon on here). Surely it’s almost time to party like it’s New Year’s Eve followed by a hangover like it’s New Year’s Day, isn’t it ?
  • If it is happening, I can wait a month or two. But we do need to see some investment in the January window to make promotion a real possibility. I think Wigan and Blackburn will get the automatic slots and Shrewsbury will start to slide a bit, so we can actually give ourselves a decent chance. My worry is that with no quick deal, will the idiot who has cocked up every window since he took over and missed many an opportunity be any different when he has decided to get shot of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

The concern I have is that throughout his tenure he has had a Trump-like regard for the truth. I agree this a major battle won but the war remains far from over and the man at the heart of all our troubles is as much in charge as he was a month ago.
  • Do the pubs of SE7 serve white wine?

Not after @Curb_It , @suzisausage and I have been in them.