Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• Just caught up to real life time. Brought Dany N’guessan back to the club on a free as well as Dorian Dervite. Sold Jason Pearce and with that money bought Mariappa from Watford. I play 4231, Dasilva and Solly or Mariappa as DFB, JFC as deep playmaker, Konsa as ball winning midfielder (Kashi’s on the bench) and Holmes and Fosu as IF. Holmes is my top scorer and Clarke has the most assists. I’m currently 3rd due to conceding too many goals. Any recommendations on players I could sign in the January transfer window to prevent me from conceding so many?
  • Ross said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Ross said:

Takeover completed!

Roland, Katrien and Murray have left the building!

Who’s bought us? Lol
    Alan Bowkett. Former Norwich City chairman who is apparently ‘a local businessman and fan’.

No increase in transfer or wage budgets for this season though. Fingers crossed he gives me some more money when I get promoted.

Oh and Rangers don’t want to extend my loan of Dodoo as they don’t want him playing lower league football in a foreign country, and Dodoo doesn’t want to join us permanently as he thinks the club is beneath him.

You’re already playing for us mate!!!!!
    Exactly the same for me. I'm currently 10 points clear at the top with 7 games left
  • Managed to get Dodoo on a permanent deal eventually, as well as Akpom on loan till the end of the season.

14 points clear with a game in hand. Still unbeaten in the league.

Lost to Watford 2-1 in the FA Cup 4th round. One more game to go and then I’m in the Checkatrade Trophy final.
  • Been playing on my phone, keep getting sacked about Oct/ Nov, it’s the Roland way.

Did manage to sell Konsa for £9.25m in one game.
  • Red_James said:

Won League 1 in my first season with Charlton with 101 points and Mag scored 28 in the league!
    I Played 4-2-3-1
    Brought it Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool was brilliant on the right as an IF
    Club got brought out by an american in the summer and given me £93m to spend as my budget!!

93 million, you dont win the league you should be fired and never work again lol
    I won the Championship first time round and back in the PL
  • Sold KAG for 1.1m Kashi to Barnsley for 3.8m and a few others to bring in 10 million.Bought Chuks Aneke from Mk dons who is tearing it up.

Lost 1-0 at home to Man City in the Carabao Cup, then got tonked 4-0 at Home, just had Pearce and Bauer sent off , injuries starting to bite as well.
  • edited January 2018
    17th March and I’m already promoted! Beat Fleetwood 4-1 at home who are 2nd, 22 points behind me!

Finally lost in the league too, 2-1 away at MK Dons who are 3rd. Got the Checkatrade Trophy Final coming up too.

The board have set the initial budgets for next season too: £220k a week for wages and nothing for transfers (subject to change). They better bloody change!

Update: went into adjust budgets, and by moving the wages to £158k a week (£10k more than I’m currently spending) I get just over £3m transfer budget. Phew!
  • edited January 2018
    Just started my Charlton career, 100k budget obviously so I've gone on the Lookman and Gomez add ons and settled to get money now. Gomez got me 2.8mill settlement and Lookman I think about 700k. Board allocated me just over 800k, might get Moore and play 4 4 f***ing 2

• This game is very very realistic.

- Reeves got injured, recovered for a week and is now injured again
    - My strikers ain't scoring, I'm playing 4231 and leaking goals in very early
    - My current form stands at 2 cup wins, 1 loss and my league record 3 draws 4 losses 0 wins!
    - There was takeover talks ongoing, the bad news is they fell through. Hopefully this isn't also the case in reality :)

Alan Bowkett was the potential buyer
  • Sponsored links:

• i got a kid from man utd, an amc on loan and he was like paul scholes in his prime for 4 games and then got charltonised and started playing as shit as the rest of the squad. Anyone had a save when a tycoon took over charlton and willing to share the save game?
  • i got a kid from man utd, an amc on loan and he was like paul scholes in his prime for 4 games and then got charltonised and started playing as shit as the rest of the squad. Anyone had a save when a tycoon took over charlton and willing to share the save game?

As i mentioned few weeks (see past pages) ago i got taken over in the champ by an american billionaire haha
  • Red_James said:

i got a kid from man utd, an amc on loan and he was like paul scholes in his prime for 4 games and then got charltonised and started playing as shit as the rest of the squad. Anyone had a save when a tycoon took over charlton and willing to share the save game?

As i mentioned few weeks (see past pages) ago i got taken over in the champ by an american billionaire haha
    Got an update on that? Very curious to see who you signed etc.

Gonna start a Charlton FM tonight, struggling to get into this FM though.
  • Red_James said:

i got a kid from man utd, an amc on loan and he was like paul scholes in his prime for 4 games and then got charltonised and started playing as shit as the rest of the squad. Anyone had a save when a tycoon took over charlton and willing to share the save game?

Yeah won the championship on the last day of the season by 2 points in the first season back in it, i brought:

Carl Jenkinson
    Danny Ward
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker (loan)
    Jordan Cousins
    Davante Cole
    Steven Mounie

then in Jan i had an injury crisis so added:
    Marcus Maddison (was brilliant and got an award as signing of the season)
    Lucas Piazon (waste of money)
    Mario Palasic
    Nahki Wells
    Matthew Targett

Currently 10 games into the PL and I'm 12th drawn about 5 games.

I have added:

Jack Wilshere
    Wilfried Zaha (didnt really want to but was the best LW that would sign for me as palarse went down)
    Ben Mee
    Peter Gualsic (GK from RBL)
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker
    JBG

Charlton are easy to start out as, as we have a good team already just need a bit of depth and another good striker
  • Jack Wilshere is an outstanding signing in the 3rd season billionaire or not! Ben Mee is very good aswell!

Yeah just struggling to get involved in a game but hoping i can with this file.
  • Work is very slow, so ive played quite a bit of FM17 in the office this week.

just finished first season as Champions. Unbeaten for the last 25 league games!

Mavididi got 24 goals and Holmes 20 assists.

Limited budget from RD, mostly going on increasing wage budget. Signed George Moncur and Bally Cargill. Can see me really struggling in Championship as my attacking tactic worked so well in L1, I'm having a bit of a Robinson moment and dont know what to change it too.
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Yeah won the championship on the last day of the season by 2 points in the first season back in it, i brought:

Carl Jenkinson
    Danny Ward
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker (loan)
    Jordan Cousins
    Davante Cole
    Steven Mounie

Mario Palasic
    Nahki Wells
    Matthew Targett

I have added:

Jack Wilshere
    Wilfried Zaha (didnt really want to but was the best LW that would sign for me as palarse went down)
    Ben Mee
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker
    JBG

Charlton are easy to start out as, as we have a good team already just need a bit of depth and another good striker
    You keep signing Da Silva on loan, he must have spent more time with u than Chelsea, cant you just sign him lol
    I mean you do have a billionaire owner
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Carl Jenkinson
    Danny Ward
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker (loan)
    Jordan Cousins
    Davante Cole
    Steven Mounie

Mario Palasic
    Nahki Wells
    Matthew Targett

I have added:

Jack Wilshere
    Ben Mee
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker
    JBG

You keep signing Da Silva on loan, he must have spent more time with u than Chelsea, cant you just sign him lol
    Haha to be fair i re-signed him up to a 2yr loan when i got promoted to the champ so just kept him for now.
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Carl Jenkinson
    Danny Ward
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker (loan)
    Jordan Cousins
    Davante Cole
    Steven Mounie

Mario Palasic
    Nahki Wells
    Matthew Targett

I have added:

Jack Wilshere
    Ben Mee
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker
    JBG

Haha to be fair i re-signed him up to a 2yr loan when i got promoted to the champ so just kept him for now.
    Conte wanted 40m for him when I tried to sign him after winning L1
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Carl Jenkinson
    Danny Ward
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker (loan)
    Jordan Cousins
    Davante Cole
    Steven Mounie

Mario Palasic
    Nahki Wells
    Matthew Targett

I have added:

Jack Wilshere
    Ben Mee
    Jay DaSilva (loan)
    Lewis Baker
    JBG

Conte wanted 40m for him when I tried to sign him after winning L1
    This game is broken for transfers. Everton finished 12th in my Arsenal game, so I went in for little Tom Davies as I needed a back-up deep midfielder. Got quoted £102m and a 40% sell on fee. They wouldn't negotiate.

For fuck's sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do find it frustrating at times signing players on there. I had a Southampton season and tried signing some of the top Championship players like Tom Cairney and Ruben Neves but they weren't interested... this was the second season in after I had finished 4th in the Prem.

• Played 3 and won 3, beat Newport in the league cup 1-0 with a weak team, got Brentford at home next. Magennis has scored in every game so far and Doodo is playing well alongside him.

I’ve loaned Riley, Glesson and signed a GK on a free. I’ve decided not to seek funds from Lookman and Gomez as I’m hoping to do this if I get promoted or if I get a lot of injuries by January.

Just out of curiosity when did talks start with takeovers? I’m currently waiting for this to start lol
  • Also started yesterday, Signed a RM from St.Johnstone who was highly rated. Didnt manage to play any games just yet but missus is out tomorrow evening and most of sunday eorking so a big sesh is in order! I kept Dodoo so see how he does!
    Loaned a striker in from Norwich purely for back up but his stats look decent so hopefully he works out.
  • Got us up to the championship easy! Then had nowt to spend and only an increase of 10k on the transfer budget ( with Alex Bowkett ) 10 games in the championship lost 8 drawn 2. Starting to hate Magennis, sarr and holmes, all they seem to do is bitch about me.

Oh and the Charlton fans calling for my head. Happy days.

Feel like sabotaging us at the moment
  • Got us up to the championship easy! Then had nowt to spend and only an increase of 10k on the transfer budget ( with Alex Bowkett ) 10 games in the championship lost 8 drawn 2. Starting to hate Magennis, sarr and holmes, all they seem to do is bitch about me.

Oh and the Charlton fans calling for my head. Happy days.

Feel like sabotaging us at the moment

This did make me chuckle Ad :smile:
  • I must be a right saddo in that I read this thread yet dont even play the game.

Is the iPhone version worth playing or is it all a bit too small and fiddly to bother with?
  • MrOneLung said:

I must be a right saddo in that I read this thread yet dont even play the game.

Is the iPhone version worth playing or is it all a bit too small and fiddly to bother with?

I play FMH(on amdroid) its good and enjoyable, this year they even added a number of reserve players.
    A coupple of things
    1-Maximum 30 years
    2-40 Players max first team squad and 40 in reserves(80) is more than enough
  • Signing players is a right pain, majority you go for have agents who require a silly sign on fee and some players you go for aren't happy to go cause they have just signed a recent contract.

I managed to sign Matt Godden for 240k, Danny Rose from Pompey for 75k and I got Kieffer Moore for 85k but he still stayed on loan at Rotherham, played them and they won 2-0, he got both goals. Nightmeire