Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PPI

Hi guys,

We are thinking about looking into our PPI history and was wondering if any of you have done it and if so what company did you use? I know you will say do it yourself but far too busy for that so happy to pay a percentage to a company to do the leg work for us.

Many thanks

Comments

• Gladstone Brookes are one of the better ones I have heard.
  • I will use MSE and do it myself. By the time you've passed basic information to an intermediary for them to act for you, i guess you may as well have done it yourself. MSE have guidance and template letters and it looks pretty straight forward;
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • Go through your bank all you have to do is fill out a form. No fees to pay.
  • blimey - have you not got them calling you ??? For the past year I must have got around 2 calls a day pestering me. The FCA have recently had adverts detailing when the deadline ends so you could start with them, Citizens advice or The Money shop..
  • edited December 2017
    Go on https://www.resolver.co.uk

Website is great, 2mins for PPI and you won’t pay hundreds or thousands away to someone else. The website is also great for things like delayed flights. I have not had need to use it yet but know plenty who have and can’t talk highly enough about it.
  • Nicholas said:

Go through your bank all you have to do is fill out a form. No fees to pay.

Exactly this. It’s not hard at all.
  • There are some templated letters available online, I sent a speculative one off to Mr J Sainsbury and got a settlement of about £4k a few year back...
  • In case anyone's not aware you can get a tax rebate on the tax paid on your ppi claim.
  • I didn’t bother applying until not far off the deadline as I hadn’t had loan/credit card for years and thought the ones I’d had were too far back. Glad I did as I ended up with over £20k in payouts. Admittedly I’d had a few larger loans in the past and a couple of cards that had fairly large amounts on them but never thought I’d get that much. Currently have a claim for the tax going through.
  • In case anyone's not aware you can get a tax rebate on the tax paid on your ppi claim.
    What tax is paid on a ppi claim ??????

IHT  ??
    CGT ??
    Income tax  ??

Intrigued much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope this helps golfie.