Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I genuinely haven't felt this excited about Charlton since...

the Play Off Final!

Comments

• I'm in the middle of building a new PC and whilst I've got everything already screwed into the new case, I can't quite bring myself to turn off this PC to strip out the power supply and wire up the new one. I'm worried might miss some small piece of news in the time that's gonna take! Sad I know, but the new one can wait a few hours...
  • Just after Roland took over :0((
  • Since Scott Parker pledged his future (and undying love) to the club by signing a 5 year contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad she’s gone but I’m far from feeling excited. We’re a long way from having new owners and we’re dropping like a stone in the league .
  • edited December 2017

Glad she’s gone but I’m far from feeling excited. We’re a long way from having new owners and we’re dropping like a stone in the league .

Similarly, I remember this same excitement when Roland was mentioned and the Belgian takeover went through.

I'm incredibly happy that the daft old git may finally be leaving, but I'm also crapping bricks at the prospect of who he may deem a worthy replacement for himself.
  • edited December 2017
    Last time it meant anything for me was Jackson’s last minute winner at home to QPR.
  • The museum opened up.
  • edited December 2017

Glad she’s gone but I’m far from feeling excited. We’re a long way from having new owners and we’re dropping like a stone in the league .

This.

Meire has had her fuck ups, but the real problem has always been the instructions she has received from Belgium. Roland set the awful transfer policy of the first 2/3 years of his ownership, he appointed Mogwli, Fraeye etc. etc., he has continually set too low a transfer budget and blocked the assembly of a proper balanced squad.

Until he has gone, nothing will really change. It's encouraging to see official confirmation that he is trying to sell, and that people want to buy, but until a) he has actually sold, and b) we know what the new owners are going to be like, I will be reining in any emotion I have right now.

Once bitten, twice shy.
  • Promotion

• edited December 2017
    .....we signed Yohann Thuram.
  • .....we signed Yohann Thuram.

Blimey, I forgot about him. Erhhhh... Thanks for the reminder I guess. ;)

In all seriousness though, as apprehensive as I am about the whole affair - this is definitely the closest I've felt to the club in a long time.

To be entirely honest, I found the BTTV match thoroughly depressing. Football aside; standing in a half empty stadium realising "this is actually a bigger attendance for a special match", looking at the amount of paper clappers that were on every empty seat, and glancing over at the directors box.. I felt defeated and distant.
  • I heard that we had signed Tony Watt. Superstriker who had scored against Barcelona What could go wrong.........
  • Sponsored links:

• When guy Luzon started crouching.

Wow I thought, this guy knows what he's doing.