Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan v Charlton - Match Thread

Evening to everyone who similarly has zero social life and will be following this game on line tonight :-)

Team news still awaited. Be getting a hat and a warm coat, and make your way to the nearest bunker. I expect us to be under sustained fire for the next couple of hours so strap yourselves in and administer the brace position!

Comments

• Is it normal for the team not to be known 12 mins before ko?

You on Central European Time?

Not normal at all. Luckily we have an hour until that may arise. ;- )

Feel it may be one of those nights - we get smashed or we smash and grab - all depends where Robbo and the players heads are at all with all going on, Robbo may be all but gone.
  • Can’t see anything less than 3-0 Home win.
  • Going to watch on the pretend you're in Germany thingy.
    Expecting a 5-0 defeat, anything less probably a bonus.
    The latest news will soften the blow to come.
    Oh, I realise that might be construed as an ooer matron phrase.
  • Me and @KillersBeard have made the looooong trip up north if anyone wants to tune in via Valley Pass at around 7.30pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• CHARLTON | Amos, Konsa, Sarr, Lennon, Dasilva, Kashi, Jackson (c), Aribo, Marshall, Magennis, Ahearne-Grant. #cafc
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Reeves, Holmes, Dodoo, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc
  • Recon a few have been rushed back- Kashi, Marshall , Holmes on the bench
  • There you go AFKA, 2 minutes after your kick-off :wink:
  • Reeves out injured as well now I assume.....couldnt make this up!
  • Kashi has already had a better game than he did at Southend.
  • TEAM NEWS | That's three changes for the Addicks, with Lennon, Jackson and Marshall coming into the side. Ricky Holmes makes it onto the bench after passing a late fitness test. #cafc
  • It's good to start the match thread off with some laughs as we're all expecting a beating tonight :wink:
  • Reeves on the bench I see, I assume he's being kept back for Gillingham. actually not that weak team in the circumstances. ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Reeves obviously crocked still, Holmes not fully fit. Kashi and Marshall rushed back so fully expect them to miss out at Gillingham. What a joke.
  • Which of these 3 players, Kashi, Jackson (c), Aribo, are playing DM and where is the other one playing. No please do not tell me we are playing 4-3-3

Ha, someone just put me to bed. Thought it was an hour later

One of the few things I prided myself on being able to do was tell the time. Now this is crossed off the list I'm basically left with 'joined up writing'
    Is this your application to be Katrien's replacement :smile:
  • ross1 said:
    Was it @Leuth that said player for player we were equal to that? Someone's still on the sherry.....
  • Can see us getting an absolute tonking tonight, however, after yesterday's exciting news I can't say I'll mind as much as I would have done.

Hoping for Marshall to finally show what he is capable and KAG to get back on the scoresheet
  • Fumbluff said:

ross1 said:
    Was it @Leuth that said player for player we were equal to that? Someone's still on the sherry.....
    Well, with both squads at full-strength there's virtually no difference between first XIs except up front. I think we might even have the edge in midfield. As it is...they're a little stronger, sure, but it's not the gulf some are making it out to be. We COULD surprise them if they all show up.
  • The subs bench looks better than the starting 11. I reckon a 11 v 7 match between the 2 sides would be very close.
  • I hope you are right about Marshall, but I don't think he is fit yet and do not expect to see the best of him (whatever that is), for at least another month. If we keep this below 5-0 we will have done well
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!