Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Joyes

Rumours he's resigned, on VOTV website.

Apols if already posted.

Comments

• Joyeux New Year
  • Just Tony Small bollocks, Tom Rubbershoe and the Perks to go.
  • edited December 2017

I have no idea who he is, whether we should be please or what that means in significance to the takeover

He is/was the Chief Financial Officer.
  • for KM and Joyes to depart now something is very close

I'm concerned it is maybe more messed up than that!
  • Scoham said:

Just Tony Small bollocks, Tom Rubbershoe and the Perks to go.

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Big Tone must stay, who else is going to warm up the pies for the increased gate at the next game.
  • Wonder how many CAFC staff (mainly SMT) will quit in the hopes that their pal KM will sign them up at whatever club she finds herself at?
  • sammy391 said:

Wonder how many CAFC staff (mainly SMT) will quit in the hopes that their pal KM will sign them up at whatever club she finds herself at?

I wonder if Sue Perks can change her tastes from voluvents to parmos?

• edited December 2017
    It does seem odd. Unless things are different in the football world, if a takeover is happening you sit tight and wait to get payed off by the new owners. Why leave now, unless Roly is cashing them out.
  • Scoham said:

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
    I'd have thought as long as Chris is employed they'll back any owner that ensures the bills are paid.
  • It does seem odd. Unless things are different in the football world, if a takeover is happening you sit tight and wait to get payed off by the new owners. Why leave now, unless Roly is cashing them out.

Think it’s similar to what others have posted on here, must be to do with the CV not wanting to say sacked as opposed to resigned
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.
    I'd have thought as long as Chris is employed they'll back any owner that ensures the bills are paid.
    Yes by he I was meaning Chris. Hard on him as I think he is a good guy but in my view sue has made his position untenable. They should both go under a new owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Ah, but she was the non executive food taster :wink:
    I heard it was full-time, unpaid, greedy chancer.
  • I have no idea who he is, whether we should be please or what that means in significance to the takeover

Finance Director under this lot and the Spivs.

Imagine how interesting being finance Director under the Spivs must have been especially after Kavanagh and Varney resigned.
    Possibly the resignation follows the recently published judgement?
  • Hope it doesn't mean he has to move house. I enjoy coaching his boy at cricket!
  • It does seem odd. Unless things are different in the football world, if a takeover is happening you sit tight and wait to get payed off by the new owners. Why leave now, unless Roly is cashing them out.

Roland paid them up, when our firm was going through a takeover a condition of the sale was for certain staff to be made redundant prior to the sale.
    Yep, I can confirm that when one of my old companies that I worked for was taken over by another organisation certain positions were paid off as part of the deal, before the final deal went through.....I was one of them and that was back in 2009, so I'm sure this practice still happens today.
  • I have no idea who he is, whether we should be please or what that means in significance to the takeover

Finance Director under this lot and the Spivs.

Imagine how interesting being finance Director under the Spivs must have been especially after Kavanagh and Varney resigned.
    It's really hard to keep a straight face and imaging that there ever was a finance director. Imagine having that on your cv and trying to get another job!
  • edited December 2017
    Reckon it will go through before 2018

EDIT: Well either that or they are expecting a real hammering at Wigan and are all jumping ship beforehand!

Roland paid them up, when our firm was going through a takeover a condition of the sale was for certain staff to be made redundant prior to the sale.
    Yep, I can confirm that when one of my old companies that I worked for was taken over by another organisation certain positions were paid off as part of the deal, before the final deal went through.....I was one of them and that was back in 2009, so I'm sure this practice still happens today.
    When you say paid off, being allowed to keep your tools is not really the same. Wally! ;)image
  • edited December 2017
    Who is running the show?
  • And imagine going into takeover and a transfer window with no FD and no CEO.

In football terms that would be like starting the season with only one striker.

This. I'm just hoping that something happens very quickly as next week is not going to go well with regard to any new signings.