Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Charlton moment ever?

OK is it -
1. Back to the Valley
2. Playoff at Wembley v Sunderland
3. The CEO resigns and leaves at the end of December

Thoughts please.

Comments

• Winning the FA cup
  • Has to be number 3. There is now light at the end of the tunnel for the younger generation who were not around for the first two. It may be far off, but hopefully they too will eventually have great playing memories.
  • edited December 2017
    Wembley 7-6.
    But wasn’t the Upbeats pitch celebration absolutely magical........it will live with me forever.
    How is it possible to laugh and cry at the same time......well that was the day I found out.
  • Kim Grant double in the snow
  • I’m don’t really remember the play off final so it’s got to be yanns goal on the last day of the promotion from L1
  • it's good news but this is just silly : - )
  • Brian Cole getting his old job back.
  • Powell scoring in his last game aside from the normal obvious answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure this is the best moment ever, but I'd certainly go with best this century!
  • ROLAND OUT!
  • Meire leaving! Roland next!
  • The bit where he sees the Statue of Liberty and says “Oh my God. I’m back. I’m home. All the time, it was…........We finally really did it.”

Then he falls to his knees in the sand, punching the ground and screams “You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!”
  • Relegating the nigels
  • Shirtliff’s winner at Birmingham
  • Too young to remember 1, so 2.
  • iamdan said:

THD selling Bannan a dummy.

that injured the man.

Mine was the playoff final still.
  • CP returning the first time.
    CP returning the second time.
    CP returning the third time.
    CP returning the fourth time..........................................hopefully.
  • Aizelwood’s equaliser at Spurs in the FA Cup in 84, tied with Shirtiff’s winner at Birmingham against Leeds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has to be the playoff win for me. My first proper footballing memory (I was four). I distinctly remember, after Summerbee scored, asking if we'd lost there and then. But we hadn't!

Honourable mentions - sending the Palace down; Shaun Bartlett's volley; and Yann's volley against Hartlepool.
  • On the pitch....Peter Shirtliff's diving header at St Andrews.....by a mile.

Off the pitch......being saved from extinction in the High Court, March 1984.
  • Personal highlights from games I was at:

1) Hales' left foot volley v Hull City (ITV goal of the season)

2) Paul Miller's equaliser at Stamford Bridge that kept us up and out of the play offs.

3) Steve McKenzie's equaliser at Highbury.
  • Akpo Sodje v Leeds. Not the best moment ever but was a great atmosphere at the time.

Looked on YouTube to find it and came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYd0UttkBQ

Was taken aback at how full The Valley was and we were in League One at the time. Forgotten what a genuine full Valley feels like (not a fiver game or kids for a quid kind of game).