Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Has there even been ONE rumor where we pay a fee to get a player this Jan?

The only time I have heard money being mentioned is in the sale of Konsa.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

People use the term "shadow striker" outside of FM?

Just quoting what I was told by my mate. I've never actually played FM.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

People use the term "shadow striker" outside of FM?

Only Thomas Driesen
  • Options
    Does no one feel like Holmes being re injured just before the transfer window and a potential sale of the club a coincidence?
  • Options
    I have come to the conclusion that with all of the injuries and the takeover, which will probably go through on February 1st, that we might as well sit back, try and enjoy the rest of the season, hopefully we will see some wins, and, as the last few years, dream of next season
  • Options

Shame. He started well there. Wycombe mates rate him highly. They said he had linked up well with Akinfenwa playing as a shadow striker. I think he is exactly what we could use if we want to go two up top.
    I think Hanlan would fit out system much better. But frankly I don't know that 20/1 year-olds with <20 league games to their names are the answer. Hopefully we'll get in enough cover to send them back out on loan (think Hanlan's loan ends mid-Jan).
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Listening to the commentary today 26 year old Swedish striker Robin Simović was mentioned. He is currently playing in the J-League for Nagoya Grampus 8. Other than that I know absolutely nothing about him.

6'6" but unlike our previous scandi striker, he can actually head the ball. Decent feet, mobility, and two-footed. Not quick but not slow either. Was linked last window. I'd like us to look at Soulyman Coubillay for who we'd have to buy out his middle east contract and Jonathan da Silva, a Brazillian in Korea.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Shame. He started well there. Wycombe mates rate him highly. They said he had linked up well with Akinfenwa playing as a shadow striker. I think he is exactly what we could use if we want to go two up top.
    I think Hanlan would fit out system much better. But frankly I don't know that 20/1 year-olds with <20 league games to their names are the answer. Hopefully we'll get in enough cover to send them back out on loan (think Hanlan's loan ends mid-Jan). </p>
    I assume we could recall Hanlan before then? With our injury crisis, it would be nice to have an additional option for the Oldham game on the 6th (I'm not sure he would be allowed to play on the 1st)
  • Options
    If he is thinking of selling the club, why would he be putting money in for transfers.
  • Options

If he is thinking of selling the club, why would he be putting money in for transfers.

This was my thinking. Unless he's been advised by potential owners they won't buy if the club starts dropping out of the play offs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe there is a clause in the contract that allows an agreed transfer budget added onto the sale price. Say they agree on £2m (made up figure) but only 700k is spent at the point of sale, the new owner pays an extra £700k. There would be no point not investing and staying in this league for another year
  • Options

Madz said:

This was my thinking. Unless he's been advised by potential owners they won't buy if the club starts dropping out of the play offs.
    Would the following be allowed to happen during a takeover where the new owners ask RD to buy a player for £5m with the new owners adding £5m on to the sale of the club
  • Options
    You mean we're not going to see Roland have a right good go in this transfer window after all?!

Gutted....can't believe he's gonna fail to deliver in yet another Jan transfer window.
  • Options

As long as the price for the club reflects the expenditure (and both sides agree with the expenditure) why not?

Indeed, as the first half of the season has shown, the weakness in one position has had a massive impact on the team. £1m on a decent striker last August might have increased the potential value of the club by much more than £1m now if it meant we were top 2 or 3 and not 9th.
  • Options
    Steven Caulker released by QPR. Was a good player once.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I can't see Sheff Utd giving us Hanson or Donaldson after what happened with Holmes in the summer. Both would be great signings but Chris Wilder was pretty pissed off about how the situation with Holmes was managed so I imagine we're bottom of his list of teams to want to deal with going forward.

Yeah, I mean how dare we tell Wilder he's not for sale and get him to sign a new, longer contract, and then still have to reject bids for him because he clearly didn't get the message
    Oi, cut it out son. Sheffield Utd came good, nuff said :smile:
  • Options
    #cafc boss Karl Robinson was keen on a January loan deal for Preston striker Eoin Doyle but current loan club Oldham are suggesting that he could now be out for an extended period of time www.londonnewsonline…
  • Options
    Kieffer Moore mentioned in today's SLP along with Doyle.
  • Options
    Preston are signing Louis Moult from Motherwell in the New Year, could Doyle be available or is he injured as mentioned above.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Oli Shaw from Hibs please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1 cap 1 goal for England.
  • Options

Carries a lot of baggage but was indeed a very decent player once.
    Depends if he is over his demons

• Options
    Pope, Shelvey, Gomez, Jenkinson, Arter all to return.

We'll spend 65m this January and fail to get promoted.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pope, Shelvey, Gomez, Jenkinson, Arter all to return.

We'll spend 65m this January and fail to get promoted.

Warned you that it would be dangerous to have both Messi and Ronaldo in the same team!! ;)
  • Options
    Not a rumour but how about Sami Szmodics striker for Colchester! ? He's been brilliant this season
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Not a rumour but how about Sami Szmodics striker for Colchester! ? He's been brilliant this season

Shorter than Solly. Fails the Height test.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Yeah I've thought about that one myself... Constantly hear his name during Goal Rush
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    “He’ll be coming back, that’s my view. We’ll see if he can score as many in the Championship. Unless of course someone comes in and offers a bonkers deal for him, I don’t know.”

with Meire gone can't see us offering a bonkers deal