Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We won

It appears it can now be confirmed that we have got rid of Roland. The OS statement has told us enough to lead us to believe that the club will get taken over in the near future.

A lot of our fans played an enormous part in making this happen. I would like to say well done, thanks and it couldn't have been achieved without some amazing efforts.

Charlton Athletic football club is about to leave behind one hell of a problem.

A new chapter in our history is on the horizon.

Be positive and be excited for it. There is a lot of uncertainty but may as well just be relieved Roland the club soul crusher is on his way out.

Have a great new year!

Comments

• Guess we will never know how big a part the protests, CARD etc played in the decision to sell but very excited that he appears to be on his way.
  • Battles and wars.
  • Guess we will never know how big a part the protests, CARD etc played in the decision to sell but very excited that he appears to be on his way.

If there were no protests then the experiment would have gone towards a darker path.

Or he would have just completely forgot he was our owner altogether.
  • edited December 2017
    He’s not gone yet . I won’t celebrate until i see the Australian Chinese Nigerian Arab Owners & Richard Murray parading on the pitch
  • Sorry to put a dampener on things, but it's worthwhile perspective to go back to some of the threads from Dec 2013 to see how excited many of us were that the Slater/Jimenez/Cash period was behind us and a new exciting era dawned....

Fair point, but allow us a day or two of celebrations that these odious idiots have gone. I struggle to think that at any time many of us will hark back to the good old days of Duchatalet.
  • No takeover confirmation on OS all day.

Must mean it's all off.
  • Dave2l said:

Guess we will never know how big a part the protests, CARD etc played in the decision to sell but very excited that he appears to be on his way.

If there were no protests then the experiment would have gone towards a darker path.

Or he would have just completely forgot he was our owner altogether.
    That's not something that can be proved though. I suspect it made a difference and I am not taking anything away from the protests, I absolutely agree that something had to be done.

To be honest, there is no need to discuss how much impact they had on Roland's decision. The fact is he seems to be going and Meire is certainly off, let's just enjoy it :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Did we win? Not yet. Roland has been losing pretty much since day one though.
  • Stig said:

Sod all this caution, I'm enjoying the moment big style. If it all goes tits up later, so be it. But do you know what, those of us that celebrated will have had a good time whilst those of that didn't will have missed out.

Or you'll be all partied out by the time it's really time to celebrate !
  • It’s not so much as a change of owner but the beginning of removing a despot regime that fills me with relief.

#ROLAND OUT
  • It was the plastic pink pig throwing that tipped them over the edge.
  • Solidgone said:

It’s not so much as a change of owner but the beginning of removing a despot regime that fills me with relief.

#ROLAND OUT

Are you saying...
  • Sorry to put a dampener on things, but it's worthwhile perspective to go back to some of the threads from Dec 2013 to see how excited many of us were that the Slater/Jimenez/Cash period was behind us and a new exciting era dawned....

True dat.

If any club could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory then that club would be Charlton Athletic.

Caution.

• If he ends up owning the Valley will still be work to be done.
  • Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
    Winston Churchill
  • Sponsored links:

Some may have been excited, others were more cautious & concerned, the writing was on the wall from his history at Standard.
  • Doesn't feel like a win to me.
  • Either way when he does go CARD and/or the Trust need to get in there first and tell the press that we did indeed force him to sell, I'm sure Roland will like that ;)