Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.

Plenty. Mangers are like London buses. Most don't care what gig they take. They'd sell their soul just to be in the limelight again.
    Wait a second... LONDON BUSSES HAVE SOULS!?!?

• Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.

Plenty. Mangers are like London buses. Most don't care what gig they take. They'd sell their soul just to be in the limelight again.
    Chris Wilder cared.

I think your statement applies to out of work/failed managers, which would be the drawer we'd be selecting from if we fired Karl.

I don't think Robinson is great, far from it, but we aren't going to get any better while Roland is in charge. Actually I think Roland has completely lost interest now and probably can't be bothered to sack the manager.
  • If only Robinson could be more flexible with the team formation and start picking up points we could then concentrate on the real problem.
    ROLAND.
  • I am no great supporter of Robinson, but take him any time over Luzon, Fraeye, Peters, Slade. Does anyone actually believe a different manager would have the freedom/resources to bring in a new squad.
    I also believe the comment thatRoland has lost interest, not that he had much before, other than mad concepts.
    Until Roland sells and the new owners get rid of KM and put able people in charge there is no hope of recovery.
  • JaShea99 said:

Yeah sack Robinson. It’s all his fault. Only having one striker, multiple injuries and a mediocre team are all problems that could be solved by getting rid of KR and hiring another average league 1 manager who is only available because he’s recently been sacked too. I vote we sack Karl and this time next year we definitely won’t be in the same position. We’ve learnt from our mistakes.

How far into Roland’s tenure do we have to get before people realise that the manager is not the problem? How many managers do we have to go through until people get it into their head that the person ‘in charge’ is completely irrelevant. Whoever is manager will have limited control, will be given an inadequate budget with which to buy a paper-thin squad that cannot compete. Aside from the standard ‘new manager bounce’ changing managers at this point will have about as much effect as changing the catering manager.

We. Will. Never. Progress. With. Roland. As. Owner. I don’t know how many ways that can be put until some fans get it. I know more and more do as time goes on but there still seem to be a portion who don’t and never will. We could be 10 years down the line, struggling in the conference and people would still argue it’s the manager’s fault.

Yes, we all want Roland gone, but he doesn't scout the players, take the training,select the team, decide the tactics, make the substitutions..........the manager does that. I do wonder if you go to matches & see the players in action. I've been to 18 games so far this season & can honestly say that a vast majority of those games we have been the worst team - and most of those have been with our first choice 11. I've seen us lose away to Plymouth & Gillingham and in both games we were crying out for a tactical change after an hour. But with Robinson its the same old same old.

My last word on the subject. We have 6 games in January and apart from the game at Shrewsbury they are against teams that are below us (some in the bottom 4) and should all be winnable. We should be looking at a minimum of 10-12 points, ideally 14-15 points if we are serious about getting back into the top 6, but with Robinson in charge & his reluctance to change anything I doubt if we will get much more than 7 or 8 points. If that is the case our season will be over & we can kiss goodbye to the play-offs.
    hmmmmm......
  • se9addick said:

Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.

I think your statement applies to out of work/failed managers, which would be the drawer we'd be selecting from if we fired Karl.

And which was the drawer we got Robinson from too
  • So i reckon the current standing of those who want Robinson replaced is roughly about 1 in 50.

What does that work out percentage wise?

:-)

No, surely not our old friend 2% again!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.

And which was the drawer we got Robinson from too
    Isn’t it very rare that managers are poached from other club? Certainly at our current level.
    Jimmy Seed was the last one I can remember
    ;-)
  • So i reckon the current standing of those who want Robinson replaced is roughly about 1 in 50.

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    I questioned her on this and she revised her estimate to 8,000,000%
  • Fumbluff said:

So i reckon the current standing of those who want Robinson replaced is roughly about 1 in 50.

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
  • JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

So i reckon the current standing of those who want Robinson replaced is roughly about 1 in 50.

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
    But still not as cruel as she is thick!
  • JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
    She's ill.

More to the point, how many would list Robinson as the right manager if we weren't a club no candidate with half a brain would want to get involved with? Suspect that answer would be 2%
  • mogodon said:

More to the point, how many would list Robinson as the right manager if we weren't a club no candidate with half a brain would want to get involved with? Suspect that answer would be 2%
    Around the time of the Bromley Addicks meeting I'd say more like 80%
  • edited December 2017
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
    She's ill.
    She might have been ill in that instance but that doesn't explain or excuse her other statements such as Finnish nurses shouldn't be recruited in Hackney as they wouldn't know how to treat Black patients. Not only was that offensive to the Finnish nurses and nurses, black and white, in general (don't get Sister Hayes going on this) but gave ammunition to other racists.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
    She's ill.
    She might have been ill in that instance but that doesn't explain or excuse her other statements such as Finnish nurses shouldn't be recruited in Hackney as they wouldn't know how to treat Black patients. Not only was that offensive to the Finnish nurses and nurses, black and white, in general (don't get Sister Hayes going on this) but gave ammunition to other racists.
    I don't me ill like a cold or flu.She's supposed to have early signs of dementia/Alzheimers.
  • edited December 2017

Just to be clear no-one is suggesting we get Al Capone to deal with Robinson!
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

Just asked Diane Abbott
    She said 15 %
    You’re all very cruel.
    She's ill.
    I don't me ill like a cold or flu.She's supposed to have early signs of dementia/Alzheimers.
    If so that is very sad and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but she made the Finnish nurse remarks in 1996.

And if she has dementia then maybe a front bench position isn't the best place for her or the opposition.
  • back to the thread title - might be sooner than anticipated

Me.
    Ha well im not sure the ability to wind people up would make you a good manager, don't get me wrong its a nice ability to have. An ability I have in spades but nah not so sure it would work out :wink:
  • Okay, it is reasonable to assume that Robinson will be out of the door. New owners invariably make a new appointment.

Bring back Powell to finish what he started. He is the man to galvanise the fans and the club, this is desperately needed as these clowns have divided the fanbase and we all need to get back to doing the important thing. Supporting the 11 on the pitch.

Sometimes going back doesn't always work, but if it did for anyone it'd be for Powell. The expectations on his shoulders would be very high, but no manager, ex or otherwise, would have more support from the fans than him.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Okay, it is reasonable to assume that Robinson will be out of the door. New owners invariably make a new appointment.

Bring back Powell to finish what he started. He is the man to galvanise the fans and the club, this is desperately needed as these clowns have divided the fanbase and we all need to get back to doing the important thing. Supporting the 11 on the pitch.

Sometimes going back doesn't always work, but if it did for anyone it'd be for Powell. The expectations on his shoulders would be very high, but no manager, ex or otherwise, would have more support from the fans than him.
    Curbs?
  • Depends on the new owners. If they have the money to give Robinson the players he needs to fit his system then I'd keep him, as he knows how to play up to the fans when things are going well. We all enjoy a victory that little bit more when the manager knows how to talk it up afterwards. If the new owners can't do that then we need someone more tactically flexible