Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will The Wigan Game Go Ahead?

Snow forecast tomorrow morning in Wigan, have they got under soil heating, and will the match go ahead?

Comments

• Sky News are bigging up all the travel disruption the weather is causing, ive got match tickets and a hotel booked ages ago before we went on a dodgy run, just wondered whether any addicts were already up there / up north and had the low down.
  • Televised = probably not cancelled :P

You nearly got me there, it’s Cardiff v Preston , on telly!
  • edited December 2017
    I’m actually giving going to this game serious consideration.
  • I’m actually giving this game serious consideration.

You mean going, or not going?
  • JamesSeed said:

I’m positive they’ll have undersoil heating. With a boiler and everything.

How ironic would it be if they had a boiler but no undersoil pipe work!
    Quite ironic, but incredibly unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m actually giving going to this game serious consideration.

I’m going to splash out and pay a fiver to watch it in my front room with the heating on and a fire roaring under the screen.

That is about as much consideration as I will be giving it!

You nearly got me there, it’s Cardiff v Preston , on telly!
    Wasn't intended whoosh, thought we were on TV :(

I’m going to splash out and pay a fiver to watch it in my front room with the heating on and a fire roaring under the screen.

This could be like swapshop, do you want to swap a match ticket for a place in front of your fire?
  • Have Sky shown any L1 games this season?
  • edited December 2017

Sky News are bigging up all the travel disruption the weather is causing, ive got match tickets and a hotel booked ages ago before we went on a dodgy run, just wondered whether any addicts were already up there / up north and had the low down.

Somebody call? I live about an hours drive from Wigan it's a white out up here but only a light dusting. The sun is up but it's not thawing yet and further freezing temps forecast overnight.

They do have undersoil heating if it's working. I'm sure they will have a pitch inspection before lunchtime tomorrow to save any unecessary journeys from the South East.
  • Have Sky shown any L1 games this season?

Have Sky shown any L1 games this season?

Portsmouth v Rotherham is the only one I can remember.

How/where can you watch it for £5?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

iFollow. But you need to be 'abroad'.
  • Me and dad are going
    Can't wait to see Bowyer come out of retirement for this game.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

iFollow. But you need to be 'abroad'.
    I assume there is away around the ‘abroad’ bit? As in you just register as being abroad?
  • I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...
  • I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...

Isn't it often the areas around the ground (or the stands themselves) that are considered dangerous which leads to matches being called off ?
  • 2nd away game of the season for me. The team are atrocious at the moment, but the banter on the coach will be free flowing as it’s a full house of our lot going, me, my dad, @The31YearMan and @j_lo

Strangely looking forward to it as I know we’ll be having a good laugh on the way up

Will also be popping into the Charlton museum in the morning as Cabbles Snr wants to have a look
  • se9addick said:

I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...

Isn't it often the areas around the ground (or the stands themselves) that are considered dangerous which leads to matches being called off ?
    As the show is more for the early part of the day, that should give enough time to clear the pavements around the ground?

The way we are playing at the moment, I imagine Wigan will be desperate to get the game on...
  • I cancelled my room at the Premier Inn Wigan yesterday, bargain 45 quid if anyone is looking to make a last minute booking!
  • Travelling down, got hotel booked so hoping it will be on. Its meant to change to rain in afternoon with temp of about 5 so I don't see it being a problem.
  • se9addick said:

I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...

As the show is more for the early part of the day, that should give enough time to clear the pavements around the ground?

The way we are playing at the moment, I imagine Wigan will be desperate to get the game on...
    We have called games off due to icy streets around the Valley rather than the assumed pitch reason.
  • Travelling down, got hotel booked so hoping it will be on. Its meant to change to rain in afternoon with temp of about 5 so I don't see it being a problem.

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

We have called games off due to icy streets around the Valley rather than the assumed pitch reason.
    Yes Wigan have undersoil heating and rain can melt snow and it say 5 degrees. There is not a lot of snow forecast and it should be straight forward enough to grit up around the stadium and surrounding areas so hopefully it should not be too much of a problem.