Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Scoham said:

shine166 said:

Scoham said:

shine166 said:

Sack

Bring in new

Dont back with funds

Repeat

6 years in a some fans still dont get it ??

6 years?
    How ever long it is.... same point applies, just wasnt wasting time googling how long roland has been here when it makes fuck all difference to the point im making
    Fair enough and I agree, although I'm not sure RD will even bother sacking Robinson. Hopefully that's a decision for a new owner to make soon.
    Correct, he won’t want to pay another contract up, And I doubt the SMT can be bothered to sift through 20 applications again!

I just hope Robinson has the opportunity to work under different owners. I think he deserves it. But please Karl, try changing to formation when it’s going tits up.

• edited December 2017

Scoham said:

shine166 said:

Scoham said:

shine166 said:

Sack

Bring in new

Dont back with funds

Repeat

6 years in a some fans still dont get it ??

6 years?
    How ever long it is.... same point applies, just wasnt wasting time googling how long roland has been here when it makes fuck all difference to the point im making
    Fair enough and I agree, although I'm not sure RD will even bother sacking Robinson. Hopefully that's a decision for a new owner to make soon.
    Correct, he won’t want to pay another contract up, And I doubt the SMT can be bothered to sift through 20 applications again!

I just hope Robinson has the opportunity to work under different owners. I think he deserves it. But please Karl, try changing to formation when it’s going tits up.

Only 20 applications? She really is winding down, still makes a change from 4 years of winding us all up :smirk:
  • DiscoCAFC said:

The injuries have put a downer on us. We have quite a strong 11 if all the players are fit but a weak squad and I put that down to the lack of investment with the squad. When we give Harry Lennon a first appearance of the season and have only 6 substitutes it really does tell you something.

It would be madness to sack Karl given the circumstances and for those who are calling for him to be sacked you’re criticising the wrong man. Roland really needs to put his money where his mouth is and back Karl in the window. If Karl is sacked or we bring in nothing then all then the protests will return again.

It doesn't matter how much money you gave Robinson to spend next month he'll still play the same way & so we'll still get the same results. We could have Harry Kane playing for us & we'd still not score as the ball will still spend 90% of the time being played around the back 5.
  • Dave2l said:

There is no manager out there that will want the charlton job...and replace Robinson under Roland's ownership, that will make any long term improvement for charlton.

Chris Wilder snubbed us for a reason. He saw the cracks. He is wise.

He also saw the pigs being launched onto the pitch which would have given him a clue that we are none too fond of our owner.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

You know what. We always play better when there's a protest.

That's a clue. Or a hint.

The missing 5000 season ticket holders were the core of the vocal protests.

Both will not return.
    We haven't lost 5000 season ticket holders since last season when there were protests aplenty. A few hundred more like.

The reason we haven't had any this season was the desire to give Robinson a chance. But had we been in the relegation zone after eight or nine matches you can bet your bottom cliche that the protests would have sprung up again.

As they may yet. All it takes is the building up of a head of steam; and you can sense that build-up on these pages.

However, perhaps the belief that a sale is on the way might be releasing some of that pressure. I'm pretty sure if Duchatelet had recently stated that the club was not for sale, then we'd be protesting already.
    Over the past two seasons we have lost 5000 season ticket holders.
  • dickplumb said:

The knee jerk reaction when we lose is to say sack the Manager. Don't let us get distracted. The problem is Duchatelet and his toxic regime. Changing the Manager has not worked. Without a change of owner we will not get out of this division.

We could easily get out of this division, downwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do feel it makes it more interesting to have a new manager to criticise every now and again. I think a lot of our fans are getting bored of KR - his act is wearing a bit thin and we could do with some new blood.

Nobby Vinegar surely deserves a chance now or failing that Fraeye could have another go?
    I feel the biggest mistake was to let Wim de Corte go - he was the one who made things tick.

All the managers under RD have brought different qualities and the regular rotation has kept things fresh.

A late bid for relegation would make the season interesting - can KR lead us there?

Remember, every new manager has improved our standing.
  • Got to keep Robbo and hopefully he will get a chance with new owners
  • New owners seem about as mythical as January window squad additions
  • only just looked at league table. in what is a shit league we are only 12 points off an automatic promotion place and only 16 points off top spot. don't know what the problem is.
  • edited December 2017
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

You know what. We always play better when there's a protest.

That's a clue. Or a hint.

The missing 5000 season ticket holders were the core of the vocal protests.

Both will not return.
    We haven't lost 5000 season ticket holders since last season when there were protests aplenty. A few hundred more like.

The reason we haven't had any this season was the desire to give Robinson a chance. But had we been in the relegation zone after eight or nine matches you can bet your bottom cliche that the protests would have sprung up again.

As they may yet. All it takes is the building up of a head of steam; and you can sense that build-up on these pages.

However, perhaps the belief that a sale is on the way might be releasing some of that pressure. I'm pretty sure if Duchatelet had recently stated that the club was not for sale, then we'd be protesting already.
    Over the past two seasons we have lost 5000 season ticket holders.
    We probably lost 5,000 in 2016 alone - allowing for churn. The club disclosed it had lost something like 800 last summer, from recollection, and gained fractionally more.
  • Just sell the club
    Our famous football club
    We just don't really want you here

Now fuck off you are seriously pissing me off
  • It’s the malaise in the club with RD and the useless KM that leads to the apathy regarding the club.
    Robinson is the manager we have and under the clubs circumstances we are unlikely to get any better.
    I am of the opinion the Plan A and Plan B arguement is a bit of a red herring. The best team usually wins. Under RD and KM we do not get the players to be the better team.
    Chris Powell worked wonders to create the League one winning team. But he bought in , I think, 18 new players. Robinson gets a few players and they are not the dregs from Belgium we have had. Teams are in the Division they are because that is their current level.we all want to be higher but it’s the players that gets you there. KM has no idea, RD does not care, until they go there is no hope of progressing.
  • I think the main reason they need to leave immediately is because of a huge toxic association with the club that just wont heal and It is all their fault.

Although Roland likes to refer to one of the clubs that he owns as his children (because he's weird and useless) Charlton Athletic and the fans of the club have minimal motivation to want to repair any damage with the regime.

We are not family. They came into our lives and f*cked everything up. We never asked for them.

Rolands analogy of Charlton being one of his children...

Lets say, as a child, our parent that was previously slater and jiminez or tony cash or whatever... said that they are going to abandonee us because they are shit.

We are desperate for a new "parent" to keep food on the table and we think anyone is better then nothing.

Roland randomly decides to adopt us even though we didn't ask him to but we should be grateful.

The problem is, he is never here and he has left an inexperienced weird woman in charge and it destroys our soul.

No thanks, would rather wait for a better owner and struggle on the financial side of things for as long as it takes until we have an appropriate owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    sm said:
    This.

I have been saying this forever. Injuries are not just luck. Especially when it is chronic.
  • JaShea99 said:

Yeah sack Robinson. It’s all his fault. Only having one striker, multiple injuries and a mediocre team are all problems that could be solved by getting rid of KR and hiring another average league 1 manager who is only available because he’s recently been sacked too. I vote we sack Karl and this time next year we definitely won’t be in the same position. We’ve learnt from our mistakes.

How far into Roland’s tenure do we have to get before people realise that the manager is not the problem? How many managers do we have to go through until people get it into their head that the person ‘in charge’ is completely irrelevant. Whoever is manager will have limited control, will be given an inadequate budget with which to buy a paper-thin squad that cannot compete. Aside from the standard ‘new manager bounce’ changing managers at this point will have about as much effect as changing the catering manager.

We. Will. Never. Progress. With. Roland. As. Owner. I don’t know how many ways that can be put until some fans get it. I know more and more do as time goes on but there still seem to be a portion who don’t and never will. We could be 10 years down the line, struggling in the conference and people would still argue it’s the manager’s fault.

Yes, we all want Roland gone, but he doesn't scout the players, take the training,select the team, decide the tactics, make the substitutions..........the manager does that. I do wonder if you go to matches & see the players in action. I've been to 18 games so far this season & can honestly say that a vast majority of those games we have been the worst team - and most of those have been with our first choice 11. I've seen us lose away to Plymouth & Gillingham and in both games we were crying out for a tactical change after an hour. But with Robinson its the same old same old.

My last word on the subject. We have 6 games in January and apart from the game at Shrewsbury they are against teams that are below us (some in the bottom 4) and should all be winnable. We should be looking at a minimum of 10-12 points, ideally 14-15 points if we are serious about getting back into the top 6, but with Robinson in charge & his reluctance to change anything I doubt if we will get much more than 7 or 8 points. If that is the case our season will be over & we can kiss goodbye to the play-offs.
    I have only been to one game all season.

Does it really matter what he, or any other bloody manager does?

IT GOES TO SHIT WHOEVER THE BLOODY MANAGER IS.

I don't know why you or anybody else gets so worked up about it. We're are f***** until the Belgians depart.

I hope the Southend game did not ruin your Christmas too much.
  • JaShea99 said:

Yeah sack Robinson. It’s all his fault. Only having one striker, multiple injuries and a mediocre team are all problems that could be solved by getting rid of KR and hiring another average league 1 manager who is only available because he’s recently been sacked too. I vote we sack Karl and this time next year we definitely won’t be in the same position. We’ve learnt from our mistakes.

How far into Roland’s tenure do we have to get before people realise that the manager is not the problem? How many managers do we have to go through until people get it into their head that the person ‘in charge’ is completely irrelevant. Whoever is manager will have limited control, will be given an inadequate budget with which to buy a paper-thin squad that cannot compete. Aside from the standard ‘new manager bounce’ changing managers at this point will have about as much effect as changing the catering manager.

We. Will. Never. Progress. With. Roland. As. Owner. I don’t know how many ways that can be put until some fans get it. I know more and more do as time goes on but there still seem to be a portion who don’t and never will. We could be 10 years down the line, struggling in the conference and people would still argue it’s the manager’s fault.

Yes, we all want Roland gone, but he doesn't scout the players, take the training,select the team, decide the tactics, make the substitutions..........the manager does that. I do wonder if you go to matches & see the players in action. I've been to 18 games so far this season & can honestly say that a vast majority of those games we have been the worst team - and most of those have been with our first choice 11. I've seen us lose away to Plymouth & Gillingham and in both games we were crying out for a tactical change after an hour. But with Robinson its the same old same old.

My last word on the subject. We have 6 games in January and apart from the game at Shrewsbury they are against teams that are below us (some in the bottom 4) and should all be winnable. We should be looking at a minimum of 10-12 points, ideally 14-15 points if we are serious about getting back into the top 6, but with Robinson in charge & his reluctance to change anything I doubt if we will get much more than 7 or 8 points. If that is the case our season will be over & we can kiss goodbye to the play-offs.

I don't know why you or anybody else gets so worked up about it. We're are f***** until the Belgians depart.

Not at all - there is usually something me & golfie Jnr can take away with us from a match. The first 10 min debacle & their awful pitch are just 2 I could mention, but the incident that will live in our memories has nothing to do with the game, but namely the weird experience we had with where we found ourselves parking. If there happens to be 2 ladies on here that drive a small white car (Fiat ??) then they may be able to shed more light on the situation.............otherwise it will always remain a wtf was that all about ?
  • Sack Robinson and the negative press comes back to the club, when that happens the more pressure there will be on Fuck face to sell the club.
  • Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.
  • Serious question let's presume we wack Robinson who do we replace him with. Realistically who is out of work and would sign on with us.

Plenty. Mangers are like London buses. Most don't care what gig they take. They'd sell their soul just to be in the limelight again.
  • JaShea99 said:

Not at all - there is usually something me & golfie Jnr can take away with us from a match. The first 10 min debacle & their awful pitch are just 2 I could mention, but the incident that will live in our memories has nothing to do with the game, but namely the weird experience we had with where we found ourselves parking. If there happens to be 2 ladies on here that drive a small white car (Fiat ??) then they may be able to shed more light on the situation.............otherwise it will always remain a wtf was that all about ?
    Wow.

Me.