Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Bring back Riga
  • stonemuse said:

Fuck all to do with Robinson now, it’s all up to Roland.

You forget Robinson is a serial yes man.
  • 1StevieG said:

The thing is most managers have sussed us out because we are so one dimensional. Robinsons problem is he has no plan B when things aren’t working.

Or any idea as to how to keep his player's fit and healthy. This is a recurring problem and is not just bad luck.

• Where do I sign?
  • Not Robinson’s fault we are having to play kids as our squad is paper thin.
  • RD has no record for being patient with his managers and will be seriously pissed off as this lousy run will be taking millions off his asking price. I expect he will be trigger happy but even RD must realise that Robbo has a truly dire injury list, plus a lack of a genuine goalscorer. I think Robbo's chances of surviving January are about 50/50. Personally I hope he wins a few and survives but without reinforcements we are doomed to stay in crappy Division 1 and I'll be very surprised if RD will allow Robbo to buy anyone as he wants to sell. It is all negative at the moment but who knows what is around the corner...new owner, new optimism?
  • No point in sacking him, who will come in to replace him?

Those above him are the issue, I doubt KR will be given significant funds in Jan so a new manager wouldn't be either.

I'll cut KR a bit of slack as the injury list is a shocker and historically we are always crap in December but, his formation stubbornness and lack of a plan b is now beginning to bug me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another thing. Any incoming manager would have to devise a strategy to play to the players strengths. We have a team of midgets, so we can't play long ball even if we wanted to, unless we buy bigger players and that is most unlikely. So a new manager would have to use a similar system to Robbo's favoured 42211. In that case we might just as well keep Robbo, as at least he believes in his system and is (usually) enthusiastic.
  • Rossman92 said:

"We'll never drop out of the Playoff places this season". Fuck off Karl and keep your fucking mouth shut

Okay then, you tell me who would be able to do a better job under these clowns.

THE FOOTBALL HAS BEEN A SIDESHOW SINCE THE WATFORD 5-0.
    Amen to that brother!
  • Sponsored links:

• well summed up Golfie. Going nowhere under Robinson, nowhere under Roland. Even if Robinson goes it will be the same old, same old until there is a change of ownership.

Piss off Roland.
  • Tbh it’s not Robinson fault injuries are killing our season, you take any 4/5 starters out of a any premiership starting line and results would suffer, my criticism his if you didn’t not have they players to play your favourite formation change your tactics and formation!!
  • Gumbo said:

Tbh it’s not Robinson fault injuries are killing our season, you take any 4/5 starters out of a any premiership starting line and results would suffer, my criticism his if you didn’t not have they players to play your favourite formation change your tactics and formation!!

So it is his fault then. The buck stops with him.
  • I would sack too much Bullshit and no plan B Let a new man spend the money in Jan
  • Transfer window:- buy the best striker you can afford and get players to play to his strengths.

During the season:- play your best players in the positions they play, that play to your strikers strengths.

Formations sort themselves out.

Simples.

Do we do this?

If the answer is no, we need a new manager.

If yes, keep him.

For what is is worth I think we failed at the first hurdle and don't think it really matters who is the manager with the squad we have. We need a new owner that understands the basics.
  • Dazzler21 said:

stonemuse said:

Fuck all to do with Robinson now, it’s all up to Roland.

Robinson quoted as saying he had an outstanding budget and as saying RD does not interfere at all and that KM is excellent. He chased Reeves all summer and bought in Marshall, Page and Dodoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t sack him, it is no coincicidence that we have had zero success in 3years of current ownership BUT if he is going to come With these claims and go for plaudits at City Addick about signing Fosu he has to take a fair slug of the blame for now and should certainly not be immune from criticism just because RD is the arch villain.

Needs to change tactics, needs to learn to pipe down sometimes and have a little more tact and needs to learn to bring the right players into the club. Can’t help thinking a more experienced number 2 would have helped in a situation like now but that, again, was his choice.
    Didn't buy Dodoo - he loaned him. Fosu was a fantastic signing.
    Fosu............think he got very Lucky with that signing.......otherwise the question would be why did Jaap Stam agree to the deal.
  • I’ve always supported Robinson. That said, part company now and give it to Jackson. What I’ve heard, get rid of Bowyer as well. Playoffs still possible, but I don’t think Robinson is up to the job.