Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Eight first time players injured and at least three others playing at less than 80%.

No you can't blame it all on injuries. Just the vast majority.

So that explains all the last six games does it? KR has no managerial shortcomings?
    No you can't blame it all on injuries. Just the vast majority.
    Not buying your excuse for him - we haven't won in six and weren't drowning in injuries for all of them. You should go back and look at the teams we put out.

• #ROLANDOUT
  • edited December 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

stonemuse said:

Fuck all to do with Robinson now, it’s all up to Roland.

Robinson quoted as saying he had an outstanding budget and as saying RD does not interfere at all and that KM is excellent. He chased Reeves all summer and bought in Marshall, Page and Dodoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t sack him, it is no coincicidence that we have had zero success in 3years of current ownership BUT if he is going to come With these claims and go for plaudits at City Addick about signing Fosu he has to take a fair slug of the blame for now and should certainly not be immune from criticism just because RD is the arch villain.

Needs to change tactics, needs to learn to pipe down sometimes and have a little more tact and needs to learn to bring the right players into the club. Can’t help thinking a more experienced number 2 would have helped in a situation like now but that, again, was his choice.
    Sometimes yout have to suck the owners off in the hope that they'll give you some spending money in kind.

Problem is Robbo is less skilled at it than he thinks.

Didn’t buy Dodoo -he loaned him. Fosu was a fantastic signing
    He bought Dodoo to the club on loan, you are right as was I, I think? Fosu is a great signing, my point was he was enjoying the plaudits for that at City Addicks, rightly so. He also needs to take his fair share of the blame now. It is too easy/lazy to simply say that everything is RD’s fault. There are also plenty of ways to “suck the owners off” as you put it without the quotes he has come out with so I am minded to judge him based on facts he has told us directly and results/performances.

• What's the point sacking him. No one could bring success under this regime. Yes he has faults yes we can moan he talks to much or refuses to change tactics but let's get real with the resources he has been given we are in the correct position. What I will moan about is aribo is getting game time because e of injuries when he should have been given game time earlier to help avoid those injuries.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Whilst Duchatelet is owner Charlton won’t get a decent manager. Anyone taking the job, with a minimum research, will know what they will be getting into. Robinson pretended that it was all unknown at the start, but he knew what situation Duchatelet would leave him in.

There is a half decent first line but not a decent squad with key weaknesses that undermine the team. Duchatelet refuses to acknowledge that you need more than a decent first line. Inevitably the squad gets knackered / injured / loss of form & falls apart December time.

The second line will be young players. Some of those will ready, some not. Those that make it will be sold on in short order, so don’t bother building a team around those. Results then suffer.

Is it worth replacing Robinson whilst Duchatelet is owner ? It’s pointless as trying to build a house on a shifting foundation of sand.
  • Swisdom said:

This place in unreal

There is not a team in this division that would be functioning well with 8 senior players out injured and a couple more carrying knocks. Our defence has an average age of about 20 today and our atracking options are ridiculously depleted

When all were fit we were very very good and he was the best thing since sliced bread. I think he deserves better than this from us as fans.

I didn't think it was just about today? Six games without a win and playing poor football. Tactically he seems very limited.
    We haven't been very good at any stage this season - the only very good side I've seen is Wigan.

I Don't really care if he goes or stays - I'd just like a new owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd stick with him as I don't think we'll get any better under Roland.

But I'd like him to change fcking formation once in a while. Current one isn't working, and sort out set pieces at both ends
  • Does anybody know how many of the players signed in the past year, played a full season for their previous clubs? or are they injury prone, that is why we were able to sign them as other clubs did their homework better than us..
  • No-one out there that's better, and the so called reluctance to change formation, kinda hard to with a dozen injuries
  • Dazzler21 said:

stonemuse said:

Robinson quoted as saying he had an outstanding budget and as saying RD does not interfere at all and that KM is excellent. He chased Reeves all summer and bought in Marshall, Page and Dodoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t sack him, it is no coincicidence that we have had zero success in 3years of current ownership BUT if he is going to come With these claims and go for plaudits at City Addick about signing Fosu he has to take a fair slug of the blame for now and should certainly not be immune from criticism just because RD is the arch villain.

Needs to change tactics, needs to learn to pipe down sometimes and have a little more tact and needs to learn to bring the right players into the club. Can’t help thinking a more experienced number 2 would have helped in a situation like now but that, again, was his choice.
    Sometimes yout have to suck the owners off in the hope that they'll give you some spending money in kind.

Problem is Robbo is less skilled at it than he thinks.

Didn’t buy Dodoo -he loaned him. Fosu was a fantastic signing
    He bought Dodoo to the club on loan, you are right as was I, I think? Fosu is a great signing, my point was he was enjoying the plaudits for that at City Addicks, rightly so. He also needs to take his fair share of the blame now. It is too easy/lazy to simply say that everything is RD’s fault. There are also plenty of ways to “suck the owners off” as you put it without the quotes he has come out with so I am minded to judge him based on facts he has told us directly and results/performances.

No he didn't buy Dodoo. He loaned him. I'm thinking you mean brought now.

Everything including Robbo is Roland's fault. Robbo no matter how shit he does is Roland's fault as Roland signed off his contract.
  • He's got things right and got things wrong.

At the moment it doesn't look like he is currently capable of fixing the problem. Time will tell.
  • stonemuse said:

Never a truer word spoken......well said.
  • The general consensus at the start of the season was that our first 11 was good enough to compete but we'd be in trouble when injuries came. Now that has happened (in spades), people inevitably want the manager gone. He ain't the problem and, if he had the numbers, I'm sure we'd be up there as we were playing well up to a month or so ago.

Also what do people think Roland is going to do? Get a top name in and give him a couple of million for January? Changing the manager will probably do us more harm than good...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    The thing is most managers have sussed us out because we are so one dimensional. Robinsons problem is he has no plan B when things aren’t working.
  • The last thing we need is a Duchâtelet firing and hiring again. The old bastard wants out. Who on earth does anyone think RD would appoint who would be better than Robinson.

Certainly accept the season is over. I have. Let’s get new owners and start from scratch then. We don’t need RD apponting some foreign no mark at this point.
  • edited December 2017
    If Roland is staying, Gobinson won’t see the New Year in.
  • Can our once proud club and team sink any lower. Please, someone buy our club.
  • I'd rather we bring in another coach/assistant manager more than sack Robinson. Sacking a manager is only 50% of the equation, the other half is getting in someone better. And who would come to us right now?

Injuries have hit very hard. He actually changed the game at the start of the second half and we had a big uptick.

My question with him was, is, and probably always will be: does he have that little bit of nous, that little bit of vision, that sort of extra level to make the tweaks needed?

I think all the formation stuff is a total red herring. We've played 4-2-3-1 about five different ways. The bigger thing is the approach. It's the team discipline. It's working on attacking and defensive set plays, but it's also introducing "set piece moves" into attacking patterns. It's finding smarter ways to press in games, breaking the game down into smaller chunks (be they of time, space, or both). It's no coincidence that we looked better today when we put pressure on the ball higher up the pitch. But I just don't see him quite being able to make those little adjustments, be they in preparation or in game.

This is also an area where you would look at a coaching staff as a whole. It sounds like Jacko and Bowyer have done some great individual work with the midfielders in particular in terms of timing their runs into the box. But both of them strike me as more "technical" coaches rather than "tactical" coaches, if that makes sense. I've not seen anything from their playing careers or the managers they've played under that would indicate that either are master tacticians. And right now that's ok, they're both in the early stages of their coaching careers, but it's where I think we could use another more experienced, more tactical voice.
  • cafctom said:

No. We're 6th in the league for crying out loud. If we were down to 12-13th then sure, change things up.

Not his fault that our squad is depleted heavily due to poor running of the club.

Not sure why people are even suggesting that sacking him would help us to be honest.

6th...... 9th more like, I don't think sacking him is the answer, we all know the answer which would probably lead to Robinson going anyway.
  • @SDAddick what are these different ways we've played 4-2-3-1?